PSA: It's not "rewarding losing"

cflems

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. keep the same current win/loss system , but add a 3rd option to get a win by reaching a certain number of 'objective points' (depending upon the Warzone ) . Thereby potentially encouraging more players to go after the listed objectives more often?

you'd have to get rid of the defender medal. which would actively disincentivse players from playing objectives. it's a serious catch-22. the most popular place to afk is near a node your team controls.

the biggest issue in WZs atm is that while discouraging quitting, it encourages and even benefits the DM/numbers farmers. all BW really need to do is...

1. prevent back fill after 1 or 2 minutes. players leave or d/c after that, tough ****.
  2. get rid of the WZ shutdown. that mechanism is literally useless if you have back fill.

result: let the ppl who want to DM sit there and DM. the rest can go catch a match where ppl wanna play the win conditions of the map. everybody wins.

there will always be players who want to fight to the bitter end, who claim "hey, I've won matches where ppl leave" or "I've had the most rewarding combacks as a back fill." and I'd say...yeah. that's happened. I've been on both ends of it. I can also say with confidence that the VAST majority of players despise back fill. and I think the majority of players who play regs to win (as opposed to DM) would rather leave the WZ to the DMers and start one in which most/everyone is trying to win.

Edited by CheesyEZ

you'd have to get rid of the defender medal. which would actively disincentivse players from playing objectives. it's a serious catch-22. the most popular place to afk is near a node your team controls.

the biggest issue in WZs atm is that while discouraging quitting, it encourages and even benefits the DM/numbers farmers. all BW really need to do is...

1. prevent back fill after 1 or 2 minutes. players leave or d/c after that, tough ****.
  2. get rid of the WZ shutdown. that mechanism is literally useless if you have back fill.

result: let the ppl who want to DM sit there and DM. the rest can go catch a match where ppl wanna play the win conditions of the map. everybody wins.

there will always be players who want to fight to the bitter end, who claim "hey, I've won matches where ppl leave" or "I've had the most rewarding combacks as a back fill." and I'd say...yeah. that's happened. I've been on both ends of it. I can also say with confidence that the VAST majority of players despise back fill. and I think the majority of players who play regs to win (as opposed to DM) would rather leave the WZ to the DMers and start one in which most/everyone is trying to win.

tbh, if you're so petty that you go on to advocate for people to leave warzones because you're afraid of farmers you should get a permanent lockout.

tbh, if you're so petty that you go on to advocate for people to leave warzones because you're afraid of farmers you should get a permanent lockout.

tbh, if you're not playing the win conditions of the map, you don't belong on the map.

tbh, if you're not playing the win conditions of the map, you don't belong on the map.

i am a pvper. i am exactly where i belong; in any and all pvp content. if you dont like it; if you prefer objectives then go do ops or fps instead, that is content specifically made for people like you.

i am a pvper. i am exactly where i belong; in any and all pvp content. if you dont like it; if you prefer objectives then go do ops or fps instead, that is content specifically made for people like you.

Arenas are a thing if you just wanna smash your face onto a keyboard. Warzones have objectives and you should at least attempt to do them.

Question.... i realize my suggestions are typically flamed worse than JarJar at a Mandalorian Grammar Conference (or Kathleen Kennedy at a SW Convention? ) but what about this:

1. keep the same current win/loss system , but add a 3rd option to get a win by reaching a certain number of 'objective points' (depending upon the Warzone ) . Thereby potentially encouraging more players to go after the listed objectives more often?

2. add a new clickable opt-in 'queue bracket' choice whereby, if enough PVP'ers are in the queue, that Warzone is filled with only same CLASS vs. same CLASS (so like, for examples: 4 Sorcs vs. 4 Sages ...or.... 8 BH's vs. 8 Troopers ....or , if same faction cuz of low population, 4 Warriors vs. 4 Warriors/Guardians mix )

Just a couple thoughts i had while reading this very entertaining (and interesting) thread. :ph_cheers:

Honestly, I think they should scrap the whole system, and seperate pvp from Conquest, and come up with an entirely new system, like conquest but only for pvp, which rewards good gameplay. Wins and losses would be a big part of it, but actively doing (and winning) objectives would get you to the weekly goal in smaller portions as well. So that Civil war where you only lost by 100 or so points? Solid progress toward your weekly. Lose a huttball 6-0? Not going to get much, unless you actively hunted the ball carrier, or prevented a pass.

It'd be tough, and take a lot of trial an error, but I think something along those lines (kind of like your first point) would be a better way to do it. I don't trust Bioware to do a good enough job of thinking it through, or coding it though. They'd botch it, and there would just be a weird meta of objective trading between teams.

they are both pvp zones, thus they are subject to pvpers playing them. get over it.

Except intentionally ignoring objectives is counter productive. If you don't like objectives why queue for a mode built around them? Arenas are right there, queue for them.

Except intentionally ignoring objectives is counter productive. If you don't like objectives why queue for a mode built around them? Arenas are right there, queue for them.

it's not "counter productive" in any way, shape, or form. the purpose of any mode in game is the enjoyment of the player. so long as you're enjoying it, it is productive. i enjoy pvping in ranked and in regs. therefore it is productive and is exactly as it is intended.

You already know why he doesn't.

Ya I could certainly guess why.

again with an illogical point and out right fiction. just because someone also enjoys playing 8v8's too doesn't mean they don't do ranked. i have personally done ranked every single season since season 6, when i started to actually play actively.

i'll say it again: if all you're looking for is objectives, then go do pve content it's exactly what you're looking for; if that's all you want then NONE of the pvp zones are for you. pvp zones (all of them) are for people who enjoy pvping. also, if we're going to continue to argue about this, i want you guys to at least come up with a single logical argument so i at least don't feel like im losing too many brain cells.

Edited by MERCBERSERK

1.) Warzones are objective based pvp. Winning warzones requires you to do the objectives. Telling people to go play pve is idiotic at best when you're the one actively queueing into a mode that is OBJECTIVE BASED.

2.) How can we be making things up when you're actively admitting on these forums that you queue into warzones and ignore objectives? And yes what you're doing IS counter productive. If you don't enjoy doing objectives then get the **** out of warzones. Stick the yolo's and stop being the dead weight that you likely are in warzones. You're probably that guy that's always miles away from the objective trying to do 1v1's.

3.) I highly doubt you're out dpsing anyone, especially me. I'm always in the top of the charts unless its just a bad game and my team is getting farmed. I can really only recall one time where someone had an insane dps which was like 13k or something and it was a lethality op that had no killing blows. If that was you then grats on your useless fluff damage I guess. Anyone can run around spreading dots and getting uselessly high dps numbers.

4.) You wont ever see me in ranked, at least not solo ranked. I haven't actively played solo since like season 4 as I don't enjoy the unbalanced chaos of yolo's. If people wanna group up and do group ranked I'm totally down for that though.

i'll say it again: if all you're looking for is objectives, then go do pve content it's exactly what you're looking for; if that's all you want then NONE of the pvp zones are for you. pvp zones (all of them) are for people who enjoy pvping. also, if we're going to continue to argue about this, i want you guys to at least come up with a single logical argument so i at least don't feel like im losing too many brain cells.

Get into a Novare Coast game and have no one touch a single bunker. Let me know when you get tired of infinitely fighting, because the game doesn’t give you points for dps. It pretty much won’t end unless people do the objectives.

Regs is objective-based PvP. If you don’t do the objectives, you lose. If you think anyone cares about how big your numbers are, you’re wrong. Regs is for people who want objectives AND PvP (with the exception of arenas). If you just want PvP, do ranked. That’s what it’s there for.

a never ending NC would be just find to someone who only queues to pew pew red plates. I don't condone his shenanigans. but I don't really care about them either. he pays his sub. what's ironic is I pay my sub, but I can't just leave when I see him or his ilk.

1.) Warzones are objective based pvp. Winning warzones requires you to do the objectives. Telling people to go play pve is idiotic at best when you're the one actively queueing into a mode that is OBJECTIVE BASED.

objectives are an overlying layer of regs not the fundamental or "base". they are pvp zones, pvp is the base of regs, and every other pvp mode. like i said, if you're specifically interested in objectives go play something that is specifically objectives; pve. so long as you queue for pvp, don't complain about others pvping, it's ridiculous.

2.) How can we be making things up when you're actively admitting on these forums that you queue into warzones and ignore objectives? And yes what you're doing IS counter productive. If you don't enjoy doing objectives then get the **** out of warzones. Stick the yolo's and stop being the dead weight that you likely are in warzones. You're probably that guy that's always miles away from the objective trying to do 1v1's.

i was not referring to death matching. i was referring to the fact that you guys were insinuating that i don't do ranked. so yes, you guys were literally and irrefutably making s*** up. also, no, ignoring objectives is not "counter productive" i have already completely refuted this point, you're wrong. in fact it's actually carrying.

3.) I highly doubt you're out dpsing anyone, especially me. I can really only recall one time where someone had an insane dps which was like 13k or something and it was a lethality op that had no killing blows. If that was you then grats on your useless fluff damage I guess. Anyone can run around spreading dots and getting uselessly high dps numbers.

you can doubt it all you want. it's not an opinion, it's a fact with video evidence and everything; https://www.twitch.tv/raansu/v/1083220572?sr=a&t=2331s

this specific game, i personally kill you 4 times (you died a total of 7), did top damage in the game (by far), got 23 kills overall (tied for 1st), and managed to "win" the game in a land slide as well. so, if dots are so useless, why do you keep getting farmed by them? :rolleyes:

I'm always in the top of the charts unless its just a bad game and my team is getting farmed.

this isn't even just exaggerating, you're blatantly lying. i checked every video currently on your twitch channels "recent videos" you got top damage in 3 games out of 3-4 dozen, and those games were all obviously against beginners. on average you're some where in the middle of the chart. face it, you're an average player, and that's being ridiculously generous.

4.) You wont ever see me in ranked, at least not solo ranked. I haven't actively played solo since like season 4 as I don't enjoy the unbalanced chaos of yolo's. If people wanna group up and do group ranked I'm totally down for that though.

gee, the guy that can't even play a regs match without throwing a hissy fit and literally sounds like they're going to cry in stream over getting farmed doesn't play ranked, but spends much of his time telling decent players to "get the **** out of warzones" and only play ranked instead. are you mentally ill? or are you intentionally being disingenuous?

Get into a Novare Coast game and have no one touch a single bunker. Let me know when you get tired of infinitely fighting, because the game doesn’t give you points for dps. It pretty much won’t end unless people do the objectives.

lmao, i love when this happens, and it happens quite often.

Edited by MERCBERSERK

Lol were you that sniper? The one I globaled when you were by yourself? I'll gladly duel you, but somehow I get the feeling you'd never do it knowing you'd be a free kill in 1v1.

Unlike you I bother to try to do the objectives. I have plenty of screenshots of scoreboards where I focus only on DPS and blow everyone out to prove a point. It ain't *********** hard.

Edited by Raansu

• 1 month later...