Showdown On Iokath: Defeat Iokath Sentinels(broken impossibru)

MK-ULTRA

I am having the same problem. Trying to follow advice online, to just focus on stomp and try and kill them one at time, but I can't get even 1 to half health before I get killed. I'm lvl 75 with 272-274 gear right now. Edited by jocrossfire

Confirmation from Eric that something is not working correctly and they are working to fix it.

Hey folks,

Can confirm there is definitely an issue with the HP associated with the walker fights in KOTET. We are tracking a fix for it in our patch early next week.

-eric

I did it. There is a strategy based of changing the sides of room and destroying first the trash droids. The bigger ones have the same dmg as the little ones, so you can keep bigger droids alive till the end of every phase and heal before destroying them. Max HP is needed to do the phase 4-6 when the pyramids appears.

• 1 month later...

The sentinel part takes place after the death of (Censored for spoiler).

I managed the walker part in the "opposing faction" base just fine, I can't progress beyond the sentinels.

I cannot beat the sentinels. Level 75, level 273 gear. It is impossible to even kill 1 of the 3 sentinels.

• 4 weeks later...
I finally beat this one by stomping them. When you're waiting for stomp (2) to come off cool down, hit 1 and it will stomp even though it's supposed to be a regular attack, that way you can hit them more frequently. When you die, respawn at that location and heal yourself as much as you can before you go back in combat. My companion came back at that point and helped heal me a bit, so that helped. I was able to kill the first two before dying and then the last after. Edited by ValkyrieHellfire

I had the same issue and solution. Just spam 2 and stomp them. You will die while fighting the second one. Just revive in the room and keep stomping until all three are dead.

I am not sure if it is a bug or what but this is how you get through it.

What I mean to say is:

Stomping. This is the Way.

Edited by Mashugana

The 3 sentinels don't respawn if you die, so what did was just stomp them and kill them one by one while dying and respawning myself in between. It's cheap but it works.

Then you apparently lucked out, because they most DEFINITELY respawn when I played on my agent recently. I finally said the hell with it, and sat that character to the side until they get it fixed. I have a smuggler in the same boat, so hopefully BW will wake up and do something.

• 2 weeks later...
Still buggy, any news ? --'

This problem is related to content in walkers and in turrets, for example the daily mission on Iokath which has you in a turret and the Dantooine event daily. As I understand it, there is a problem now with the way level sync treats a player in a buffed "vehicle" affecting survivability and outgoing damage. Quite simply, a player doesn't have the health or damage that they had when they were level 70 and in those "vehicles" vs. now and under the effects of level lock, such that its as if they don't have the extra health or damage at all. Musco said there were additional fixes for what I sometimes call "Ground Piloting" content (which includes Walkers in KOTET 1 and 8, Walker mission on Iokath vs sentinels after KOTET starting the Fractured Alliance storyline, and daily turret missions on Iokath and Dantooine) in 6.1:

Quick correction, this is not fixed for this week's event. I misunderstood the information I received which confirmed that it is fixed in 6.1. Apologies for any confusion.

-eric

which is due in February. PTS closes today, I think, so I would look to see the update Feb 4 or Feb 11.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As of March 14, confirmed that it is still impossible to kill three sentinels in one go, but the strategy of stomping them one by one works. You'll die a couple times. Sentinels do respawn, but slowly: it takes a couple minutes before they reemerge. So, if you reach the timer of 1 minute plus for your revival, better release to the med center. This mission has a launch button that teleports you back to sentinels, so releasing to the med center is not a problem. They won't respawn while you are qt'ing back.

Be careful that if you revive with minimal health the sentinels might attack right away (and kill you, since you just about need your full hp at level 75 to kill one sentinel). So, as soon as you revive, start spamming the button to activate rapid restoration (the last key on the quickbar).

• 4 weeks later...