Custom Sets

Vesuva

Way back in the day (When last I played), I specifically remember being able to make Custom Armor (Orange Sets).

Is that still possible? Or has it long since been removed?

Admittedly, I've read no guides or anything on Synthweaving and how it's changed over the last 3-ish years.

It's still possible (and sometimes even profitable). You'll need to get the schematics from the GTN or from UT missions, though, not the trainer.

That's changed from years ago, right? I don't remember it being from GTN/UT. Memory isn't the best these days though.

I remember running around with a hooded Jedi by 28. Not happening this time around tho.

There were a few custom pieces on the trainer pre-4.0, but most of them have always come from UT or mob drops. At some point they even added schematics for moddable belts and bracers to a bunch of the lower-level crafted sets (although some of them seem to have moved into the "Archived Schematics" tab, despite which I've had a few drop from UT missions since 4.0).

There were a few custom pieces on the trainer pre-4.0, but most of them have always come from UT or mob drops. At some point they even added schematics for moddable belts and bracers to a bunch of the lower-level crafted sets (although some of them seem to have moved into the "Archived Schematics" tab, despite which I've had a few drop from UT missions since 4.0).

Alright then. I'll just keep running UT missions until I get a stupid hood. Annoying. Swear it was easier back in the day.

You get schematics on a crit, any type of mission (if you're just farming for schematics I find I get more useful results from gift missions than metal or fabric, depending on the current resale values of metal and fabric at the tier I'm looking at.)

You get schematics on a crit, any type of mission (if you're just farming for schematics I find I get more useful results from gift missions than metal or fabric, depending on the current resale values of metal and fabric at the tier I'm looking at.)

So missions can critical? News to me. Thanks for the heads up on Gift Missions. Haven't done a single one yet, as I've zero interest in if my crew likes me or not : P

And look at that. Medium Armor for a Sith Warrior or Imp Agent. La de da. Horray for UT then.

Edited by Vesuva

So missions can critical? News to me.

Yup - crits give you more (and usually better) mats, plus a chance of things like schematics.

Thanks for the heads up on Gift Missions. Haven't done a single one yet, as I've zero interest in if my crew likes me or not : P

Higher influence with your companions a) increases their combat effectiveness and b) massively improves their crafting, both reducing the amount of time they take to craft/do missions and increasing their odds of a crit.

Also important to keep in mind you're playing the RNG game here, because both the chance of a critical success and the resulting reward from such a success are up to RNG. Yes, you can increase influence and improve your chances of getting a critical success, but you can still wind up getting the same few schematics more than once and not receive the one you're looking for. Not trying to discourage you from running missions to get schematics, merely pointing out that it could take weeks, or even months of such missions to acquire the schematic(s) you want. I'd suggest checking the GTN at least once each time you're on in addition to running the missions. I say this only because prior to 4.0 I'd been playing for more than a year and still did not have all the available schematics for synthweaving, so I know it can take time.

Rather than hammering away on UT missions to try to get schematics, it's less hassle to just check the GTN daily. Within a month you'll have maybe 50% - 75% of them.

It takes a little longer to get the full collection, but they do all eventually turn up on the GTN.

At worst, you can get the bulk of them this way while narrowing down your choice of target UT mission grades.

:)

Also important to keep in mind you're playing the RNG game here, because both the chance of a critical success and the resulting reward from such a success are up to RNG. Yes, you can increase influence and improve your chances of getting a critical success, but you can still wind up getting the same few schematics more than once and not receive the one you're looking for. Not trying to discourage you from running missions to get schematics, merely pointing out that it could take weeks, or even months of such missions to acquire the schematic(s) you want. I'd suggest checking the GTN at least once each time you're on in addition to running the missions. I say this only because prior to 4.0 I'd been playing for more than a year and still did not have all the available schematics for synthweaving, so I know it can take time.

Thanks for the heads up. Had a hunch it was mostly RNG driven. Just want my stupid Jedi Hood outfit. Pretty stereotypical.

Rather than hammering away on UT missions to try to get schematics, it's less hassle to just check the GTN daily. Within a month you'll have maybe 50% - 75% of them.

It takes a little longer to get the full collection, but they do all eventually turn up on the GTN.

At worst, you can get the bulk of them this way while narrowing down your choice of target UT mission grades.

:)

Agreed on this. It's probably the quickest way to fill in your sets.

If you want to have a go at getting the schematics from missions yourself, your best bet is to raise the influence on at least one companion as high as you can. Since 4.0 their crit chance on missions and crafting rises along with their influence level.

Good luck!