RE Question

Neisan

I RE a hilt last night and got the schematic for the same but higher item level, if I craft this and then RE, can I get a higher level of same hilt? I believe I RE a 146 item level and got the 186 item level schematic, if I RE the 186 is it possible for me to get the 200 item level or no?

I tried to find it in the RE sticky but that thread seems to be dated back to 2011 or 2012 and the changes that came with 4.0 changed majority of it.

I remember at launch that you trained green, RE that to get blue, RE that to get purple, and finally RE that to get Orange. Not sure if you can do this now.

I RE a hilt last night and got the schematic for the same but higher item level, if I craft this and then RE, can I get a higher level of same hilt? I believe I RE a 146 item level and got the 186 item level schematic, if I RE the 186 is it possible for me to get the 200 item level or no?

I tried to find it in the RE sticky but that thread seems to be dated back to 2011 or 2012 and the changes that came with 4.0 changed majority of it.

I remember at launch that you trained green, RE that to get blue, RE that to get purple, and finally RE that to get Orange. Not sure if you can do this now.

the green to blue to purple path was removed. Now you get blue from the trainer and you RE to learn purple. Up to grade 36 (item level/rating 186) it is a single RE path: get the blue schematic from the trainer, craft it, RE it to get *A* purple schematic of a higher item rating (i.e. grade 36 rating 178 blue gets REed into a grade 36 rating 186 purple).

Trained Item modifications (hilts, barrels, armorings, mods, enhancements) only go to rating 186 (after RE). Beyond that as an artificer you can train rating 208 lightsabers (not hilts) with specific sets of stats (biochems get implants, cybertechs get ear pieces, armstech gets ranged weapons, synthweavers and armormechs get armor). These rating 208 blue items can be REed into rating 216 purple items. Then those rating 216 purples can be REed into 220 purples.

If you want higher rating hilts then you have to run ops or use crystals to get high end schematics as described in the guide in my signature: "high end schematics". NOTE that 208 hilts are NOT REable for schematics, only rating 216 and 220 will get you the same rating schematics.

Thanks for the information. I thought they done away with the REing the way I knew it from launch. My Biochem has several greens still since they moved them to an archived skill set.

I also noticed, that the crafted blues are far superior to what you get from quest drops. I rolled a new character in full level 10 required blue gear and the damage done is crazy even at level 20 with same gear nothing that has dropped from quest rewards have touched it yet. Not sure if this is intended or not but, you can craft a set for level 10, then skip to like level 32 gear and craft a full set again and then nothing new until level 55 or end game stuff it seems.

Thanks for the information. I thought they done away with the REing the way I knew it from launch. My Biochem has several greens still since they moved them to an archived skill set.

I also noticed, that the crafted blues are far superior to what you get from quest drops. I rolled a new character in full level 10 required blue gear and the damage done is crazy even at level 20 with same gear nothing that has dropped from quest rewards have touched it yet. Not sure if this is intended or not but, you can craft a set for level 10, then skip to like level 32 gear and craft a full set again and then nothing new until level 55 or end game stuff it seems.

It is not so much done away with as significantly altered.

It used to be that you got a green schematic from the trainer. If it was an item modification it was a linear progression green --> blue --> purple. If it was a piece of gear then it was a grid progression green --> 3 blues --> each blue producing 4 or 5 purples, but only one blue and one purple (from that blue) was ever truly desirable. Furthermore, you had a 20% chance to RE to blue and a 10% chance to RE to purple. They relatively quickly increased the blue to purple RE chance to 20%, but there was still a LOT of RNG to get through to get the one schematic you really wanted.

Now they have eliminated the green item schematics and replaced them with component schematics. The actual items you craft start as blue, but you need the components to craft them, and they RE to a single purple no matter what (item modification or equipment). In addition the RE chance has been tripled from 20% to 60%. But that does not negate long RE droughts (believe me I know - took me ten tries to get the Advanced Lethal Mod 25 on my Cybertech :( :( :()

However, these changes only apply to 4.0 and beyond schematics. Any pre-4.0 schematics that are archived can be crafted but nothing can be learned from them (i.e. RE them to produce better items). This is intended as "if you like the appearance of older gear you can still make it."

Yep I have some of the archived items but not really compared the looks of the archived to what I currently have. I believe this might be due to my main from launch has biochem and implants don't really have a visual effect.

I got my advance level 25 mod last night on my cybertech first try. But a few of the other things I have been working on, has taken me a lot longer to get.

However, these changes only apply to 4.0 and beyond schematics. Any pre-4.0 schematics that are archived can be crafted but nothing can be learned from them (i.e. RE them to produce better items). "

Generally true, but there are a few weird exceptions (I just REed a green Command Augment 5 from my Synthweaver's archives to purple, just for gits and shiggles. The green took Fibrous Nylite, Rubat crystals, and Lost Artifact Fragments, the blue took Carbo-Plas (!) and Desh Arms Assembly Components (?!), and the purple requires the expected Sliced Tech Parts. Very odd.)