Reverse Engineering issues

spinhead

Hi there.

Since I came back ingame, I have more and more serious doubts about crew skills utility.

It seems I cannot really craft anything useful for actual endgame, but most of all, I am experiencing really too many bugs on Reverse Engineering.

These problems are most of the times met with Synthweaving.

90% of my REs just destroy the items without giving me even any raw material.

When I click on RE button and then mouseover "Command Augment 28", it says I have 20% chance to discover the blue schematics. Well, if I proceed, then an empty window appears (there's only "take all" button), no material, and whatever I do, the item is not consumed.

Is my character bugged or did they just decide crew skills had to be this useless now?

Hi there.

Since I came back ingame, I have more and more serious doubts about crew skills utility.

It seems I cannot really craft anything useful for actual endgame, but most of all, I am experiencing really too many bugs on Reverse Engineering.

These problems are most of the times met with Synthweaving.

90% of my REs just destroy the items without giving me even any raw material.

When I click on RE button and then mouseover "Command Augment 28", it says I have 20% chance to discover the blue schematics. Well, if I proceed, then an empty window appears (there's only "take all" button), no material, and whatever I do, the item is not consumed.

Is my character bugged or did they just decide crew skills had to be this useless now?

This is probably a bug but it is is most likely due to the fact that command augments are old schematics and therefore archived and you should not be able to learn new schematics from archived items.

have you tried REing something new like a versatile armoring 28?

This is probably a bug but it is is most likely due to the fact that command augments are old schematics and therefore archived and you should not be able to learn new schematics from archived items.

have you tried REing something new like a versatile armoring 28?

According to my experience, nothing till 28 works. If it doesn't end in an useless destruction it just shows the empty window and doesn't proceed even pressing the "Take all"(the nothing) button. I think RE worked for some (just some) level 55+ items, but I couldn't say it for sure.

Another crew skill I feel upset for is Artifice. Ok, it works well enough, it doesn't seem to be bugged, but... really? I have to drop a good lightsaber or buy an offhand with crystals to RE its hilt and just like this then I can have 20% chance I can craft hilts... just for my alt characters, since ofc I preferred to equip my new best hilt?

It was like this for long time, but now that there's a weekly quest that requires Ruusan Crystals, prices for raw materials in GTN are so expensive that good hilts are extremely cheaper if bought than if produced.

I think it was easy to understand they had to help those kind of crafts in some way, I'm feeling confused.