Most profitable crew skills in 4.0

NostalGeek

I know it's still early and things may still change but I'm wondering which skills you are finding so far to have a nice bit of profit?

Slicing right now seems to be pretty hot with all other skills needing tech parts.

Biochem not having reusable should be a boost for the market

I've read some people saying Synthweaving is nice and profitable now but I'm not sure.

What are your thoughts?

AUGMENTS. That's why Slicing is profitable too.

I am selling augments within 60 seconds of my posting them a LOT of the time. Most purples are still well over 100k each

I am also selling dyes quickly (within 24 hours), many are selling for less than most are probably used to (35k to 40k each) but they cost less to make now (no purple materials are required). I have the schematics for the purple lightsabers but I have yet to craft any lightsabers for sale; I have not even looked at GTN value.

Biochem stims sell fast too (again all within 24 hours)

My Cybertech has suffered the most, since the ear pieces are probably the most valuable but only because they are hard to get materials for. Biochem is in the same situation with implants but consumables make up for that. CT has no such fall back position. Given time I am sure I will find a way to turn a profit on my CT but for now,s he is struggling.

Amazingly, the most profitable crew skill is now synthweaving. Mainly because synthweaving has been so completely useless for 4 years that no one has it so there is a massive supply/demand gap. The theorycrafting shows that alacrity and crit are now the best augments, and that its better to get accuracy from augs than enhancements. Synth makes all 3 of them. Edited by DarthZaul

The theorycrafting shows that alacrity and crit are now the best augments, and that its better to get accuracy from augs than enhancements. Synth makes all 3 of them.
Actually, Armstech makes Accuracy augs. But yes, Synth is super-profitable so far this round.

While slicing has lost credit value it makes up for the new uses it has for KOTFE stuff.

Currently Slicing in KOTFE is good for obtaining stuff in Star Fortress since you'll need someone with slicing (and the proper level of Alliance Sections) to unlock special chests in Star Fortress.

i have 10 toons and all the crew skills, blah, blah, blah, and believe it or not, right now i'm making the most money with artifice/archaeology. i am right now making aug kits and a few augs for sale, and their is some good money there. but with the fix to archaeology nodes, now, i go out to yavin and spend 20 minutes to get 4 stacks each of the mats. turn those into the component and sell for 10k each. the only problem is that i cannot get enough zoosha solutions. there is only the 1 mission and the damn vendor wants 800 a pop for them. greedy bastard.

This week - unknown - though augments are probably a good bet (crit / alacrity), many are selling for well above 100K each (though some have teased below 100K while slicing mats have teased 50K a pop).

Last week it was 220 hilts and barrels, crafted on a rank 50 companion - each crit was 8-10 million in the bank. Price has dropped by half or more this week, and trying to sell them is a bit a hustle.

Also a lot of the 'useless' 208 non-modular items have sold well, from 350-500K each, implants and main hand weapons - a few ears, armor didn't seem to sell at all. Probably not worth pursuing unless you have stacks of the new exotic blue material sitting around.

Dyes still sell well, and many for similar prices as pre-4.0 (mostly the rep schematic ones), while the materials are much cheaper (no purple TH materials required).

Augment kits are selling well, teasing 100K at times, typically in the 80s - and just in case anyone hasn't realized it, the 'assembly' items RE to parts, and they stack, and can be RE'd in stacks, making it very easy to churn a bunch of bio or scavenging mats into parts.

Edited by DawnAskham

• 1 month later...
at this time which is the most profitable crew skill then?

The most profitable crew skills are artifice and synthweaving. Which one is in fact better than the other is currently significantly debated. Artifice produces a significant number of different items so the diversity is higher. Synthweaving only produces three "worthwhile" items but they are in such high demand that value and profits remain high.

Right now: probably Synthweaving, in the long run: all of them. Each patch or expansion can change the math slightly and suddenly everyone wants something else. Artifice will always have a steady base with Dyes, and slicing will always have Tech parts for augments so if you have to pick one one set up forever I'd go with Artifice, Archaeology, and Slicing but really you want to get all the skill on at least one character.