Smallest Stronghold?

schwartzpedro

As casirabit mentioned, the smallest are the fleet strongholds (hard to get at the moment if you don't have Galactic Seasons tokens saved up) or the Dromund Kaas/Coruscant (cheap and easy to get...not sure the current price, but they may even go on sale for the anniversary). If what you want is a really small stronghold--some people mention Kaliyo's apartment as an ideal--then you can add walls to block off excess parts of either of those strongholds. E.g., cover up the doors at the back of the central room of the station penthouse apartment, or block off half the hallway of the Dromund Kaas/Coruscant apartments. The map would show that there's more there, but to anyone standing in the apartment, it's just a cozy 1-bedroom apartment, or whatever you turn it into.

There's the Penthouse decoration bundles that have walls and doors etc., and also some walls sold by the Martial Decoration Droid. One wrinkle in this plan is that most of the walls won't reach high ceilings, so you can 1) put them places where the ceilings are relatively low (the Dromund Kaas/Coruscant first 3 rooms' ceilings are just a tiny bit taller than the penthouse set walls), 2) use the ceiling decorations in the penthouse bundles to force the room to have a low ceiling, or 3) live with the gap at the top. Anyway, if you play around with the options, find some walls that blend in to your satisfaction, I think you could do something cool with a small apartment.

Manaan is also fairly small.

Manaan is a good option if you want a small stronghold. Set your arrival point to the underwater section and you can ignore the rest of the base. I have my Manaan underwater section set up as a secret Alliance lab and base. If you look closely, outside one of the windows you might even notice an homage to KotOR 1.

Echoing the Manaan suggestion. It is my favorite stronghold, but I find it disappointingly small. The initial arrival area is large, but it's like . . . the huge front yard with a long driveway leading up to a cottage. You can simply set your arrival point to the underwater observatory though, and never have to see the vast white outside area and pointless hallway leading to the elevator. IMHO the large outdoor entry area really doesn't need much in terms of decoration anyway, considering how sleek and simple Manaan's general aesthetic is. The rooftop is actually quite nice as well, if you prefer a small but more open feeling space, and it too has a convenient arrival point.

The Manaan stronghold may technically have more space than Coruscant/DK, but as far as usable indoor(-ish) space, it feels a lot smaller to me than my Coruscant SH. Which I also recommend, and if you want a really small space I suppose you could just not use the upper level.