Fix Spirit of Vegemce already

RameiArashi

Hi all,

We'll explore adding an optional Combat Support Droid in SoV. I do not have a set target date for when this will be implemented, but wanted to say that this is something we are looking into.

As a friendly reminder to everyone, please keep posts constructive and respectful.

I think this is probably the best way. What's hard to decide is whether the CSD should be "click to summon" (opt-in) or "click to dismiss" (opt-out) at the beginning. Overall, I think a secondary objective should be to encourage people to play better, so on that basis, I favour opt-in.

(Secondary motivation: I find the CSD annoying because it messes up the rhythm of my combat. I can manage SoV without it, so I'd prefer it to not be there unless I ask.)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

We'll explore adding an optional Combat Support Droid in SoV. I do not have a set target date for when this will be implemented, but wanted to say that this is something we are looking into.

As a friendly reminder to everyone, please keep posts constructive and respectful.

JackieKo, the developers recently added a check to prevent players from using the droid in some instances in FPs. All they need to do is to remove that (very recently added) restriction.

Edited by mike_carton

Hi all,

Why would you need this? the fp wasn't difficult in solo. In my opinion the god droid is bad in the solo modes because you don't need to do anything to avoid dying even without a healing companion. I get that I'm probably not the average player, but even if it is a solo mode fp, it doesn't have to require zero mechanics.

There's much more pressing concerns for our understaffed devs anyways

Edited by Saberqwerty

instead of nerfing it the way they did, they should have let the bot loose, that way the fp could be as challenging as people want. The both would help those who need it, and those that don't, can dismiss it

I agree with this. I'm lucky enough to have all my alts (nearly 10 million*) run it in fully augmented 306 gear (either the generic gold set or a bonus set) and the only time I've had a problem is because of my own stupidity once at the last boss.

Not everyone has full heroic moment or a full 306 bonus set and the lowbie influence companion that's forced on you is often no better than useless.

It would be far better to have the "god bot" available for those that need the extra help in solo story so they can at least complete that part of the story. Those of us who prefer the challenge and have the gear to match have the easy option to get rid of the bot (though I'd probably keep him). I don't know why they chose not to add the "god bot" from solo story or any solo mode FPs later in the game.

*yep, of course that's a massive exaggeration. But not my much :D

EDIT: Ha! I should have read the dev post first :) That's brilliant news. Let's hope they do it for other or future challenging solo FPs.

Edited by Sarova

Why would you need this? the fp wasn't difficult in solo. In my opinion the god droid is bad in the solo modes because you don't need to do anything to avoid dying even without a healing companion. I get that I'm probably not the average player, but even if it is a solo mode fp, it doesn't have to require zero mechanics.

The flashpoint is difficult for many people. Despite what others say, they're not playing the game wrong. They can do everything the people who finished it say to do, and they still can't finish it. Something goes wrong in the Final Boss battle where the player's character just dies. The flashpoint itself is hard, but even the players who have this problem can get reach the end. They can defeat the first three bosses. They can defeat the monster in the pit. They can defeat the room after the kitchen. For some it might take a death or two, but they can reach the end. For the Final Boss they cannot defeat it, and it's always because of the same instance - the Second Wave of add ons. The Final Boss they can damage. The First Wave of add ons they defeat. The Second Wave always kills the PC, every time, all the time, no matter what the player does. Obviously this doesn't happen for everyone, but for many players it does and there's nothing they can do about it.

Not literally nothing. In theory if they suit up their character in 306 gear the game function allows them to defeat the Second Wave and then the Final Boss. This is not a viable solution for many because it takes a significant amount of real world time doing other stuff in the game plus doing nothing but buying equipment. These people don't have the real world time necessary to dedicate for this, nor in my opinion should they. They were able to complete all previous mandatory story game content without 306 gear, so it should not be necessary to have 306 for this one. Other people say you don't need 306 gear anyway, so if true this advice is moot but then we're back to players are not able to defeat the Second Wave no matter what advice is given.

Why is this such a big deal to you? If you don't want to use then don't. I don't plan to as I normally don't need the droid but there are others that just might and since it doesn't affect my game play and may help some others, then I hope they actually add the droid back to as it was there for other fp and since this fp is not optional as it is necessary to progress, they need something to help individuals that need the help.

Edited by casirabit

Hi all,

Thank you Jackie, that is wonderful news. Please suggest to the devs that it be an opt-in feature and not an opt-out feature. And please add a pop-up to ask if people want to use it. This way people will try playing without using it first and it’s only there as an optional backup if they find it too hard.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The God Droid won't help.

It will still be the same drag (or even bigger) because he will be aggroing just everything on the way.

The flashpoint problem is WAY TOO MANY silver mobs that you need to fight along the way.

There is nothing else.

it is SUPER LONG, BORING LIKE HELL constant slow-down fight with groups of mobs.

I have done it on 12 characters and having next 26 on the way, I gave up.

Nothing kills me, there are no bugs, there is only BOREDOM!!!!

It will still be the same drag (or even bigger) because he will be aggroing just everything on the way.

The flashpoint problem is WAY TOO MANY silver mobs that you need to fight along the way.

There is nothing else.

it is SUPER LONG, BORING LIKE HELL constant slow-down fight with groups of mobs.

But you can clear it, right? So it's not about you, or me, who can clear it half asleep, feeling like being bored to death.

The God Bot is to help people who CAN"T clear it because of the difficulty.

Give Solo Story Mode FP a God Bot and have an op-in/-out option is the BEST solution to solve future similar problems.

PS: It's absurd that Solo SM SoV is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than VM Secret of Enclave GF. It IS broken.

Edited by eabevella

There is nothing else.

If you had a god bot. You could put the comp on tank or DPS and smash your way through faster than now.

But as someone else pointed out. It’s not about reducing the boredom or grind, it’s about adding a mechanism for people who can’t currently get through so that BioWare doesn’t have to nerf the boss mechanics or difficulty to zero.

Since the unintended incomplete update and forced redownloding of the game SPOV is now worse. EVERY Mando in the room attacks at once. They dont wait for first mob in the door way to be dealt with they all join the attack. Poor companion drops in seconds.

The flashpoint is fine. I actually think it should be harder to be honest. I've completed it on all my chars which encompass trooper, sage, bodyguard, sniper, tanks, dps, healers, etc., blah blah blah. If you can't do it, I suggest going back to Hammer Station and get your gear to level 306. Also, get your companions up to level 50. If you still can't do it, I'm sorry to say there is no help other than let someone carry you.

The flashpoint is fine. I actually think it should be harder to be honest. I've completed it on all my chars which encompass trooper, sage, bodyguard, sniper, tanks, dps, healers, etc., blah blah blah. If you can't do it, I suggest going back to Hammer Station and get your gear to level 306. Also, get your companions up to level 50. If you still can't do it, I'm sorry to say there is no help other than let someone carry you.

I can confirm that 306 items work. I completed it on both my Fury Mara and Lightning Sorc. This is because I was very lucky with the RNG and got 306 drops from FP. One I reached 306 on one toon, I farmed for the next toon. Problem is that some people do not have the time to grind, so it will be difficult.

For companion to lv 50, iirc you can only use Rass Ordo at level 25. Unless you want to purchase a Commander's Commendum (expensive) and use it on him => Personally i think this is a waste because he is only a temporary companion, unless there is a much cheaper option to raise his influence to 50?

The flashpoint is difficult for many people. Despite what others say, they're not playing the game wrong. They can do everything the people who finished it say to do, and they still can't finish it. Something goes wrong in the Final Boss battle where the player's character just dies. The flashpoint itself is hard, but even the players who have this problem can get reach the end. They can defeat the first three bosses. They can defeat the monster in the pit. They can defeat the room after the kitchen. For some it might take a death or two, but they can reach the end. For the Final Boss they cannot defeat it, and it's always because of the same instance - the Second Wave of add ons. The Final Boss they can damage. The First Wave of add ons they defeat. The Second Wave always kills the PC, every time, all the time, no matter what the player does. Obviously this doesn't happen for everyone, but for many players it does and there's nothing they can do about it.

Not literally nothing. In theory if they suit up their character in 306 gear the game function allows them to defeat the Second Wave and then the Final Boss. This is not a viable solution for many because it takes a significant amount of real world time doing other stuff in the game plus doing nothing but buying equipment. These people don't have the real world time necessary to dedicate for this, nor in my opinion should they. They were able to complete all previous mandatory story game content without 306 gear, so it should not be necessary to have 306 for this one. Other people say you don't need 306 gear anyway, so if true this advice is moot but then we're back to players are not able to defeat the Second Wave no matter what advice is given.

The second wave is totally beatable. It is NOT mandatory to have 306. My friend and I are proof of this, two total ends of the gear and experience spectrum. Players are putting too much stock in gear level. It comes down to, as with all challenging stuff in this game: player awareness. When you have something difficult you come across, go in with the purpose of dying repeatedly until you see what is causing it. Find a guide if you can't figure it out. The player doesn't die "no matter what" in that second wave of adds for the last boss. It's the snipers.

For that boss: Set companion to heal before fight, and kill the snipers first. Save your CDs and the med station things for the second wave. I thought it was bugged out. It took me several tries (and this was before the companion was fixed to be at 20(25?) influence) before I figured that out. And I am a very experience NM raider and was in 306 gear. Even now my characters in 306 gear die at least twice.

Players CAN do it without the god droid. They ARE capable. My friend who was in GREEN gear at it's lowest level, who hasn't played in a LONG time, and has never done raids or any other MMORPG was able to do it. His biggest challenge was the silver mob groups on the way there. That is an annoyance. And he was glad to not have the god droid. If he can do it, anyone can do it. That's not "git gud", it's "I have confidence in you. You can do it. Keep trying."

Edited by HKtheindomitable

What is annoying me about this thread is both side have agreed that my solution with the GOD BOT is the easiest and best solution. But instead of coming together to petition BioWare to implement it. Those who can’t get through are still calling for the flash point to be nerfed more and this is antagonising the rest of us to say “git gud”.

At this point in the discussion, people from both perspectives are just trying to troll the other side. So why don’t you all calm the F down before BioWare does something no one will like. Ie try and nerf the boss fight even more, which adds more bugs to it and ultimately drives more people from the game who don’t like bugs or playing simple story content all the time.

Let’s get BioWare to fix everyone’s issue by adding a voluntary GOD BOT. Can we please stop fighting amongst our selves and you all work towards the solution that favours everyone.

I 100% agree with you, get Bioware to resolve this little issue. It's only the final boss fight that needs tweaking, as the previous bosses and the majority of the flashpoint are much easier from the fixes that have already been done. But adding the voluntary GOD BOT will benefit us all, so trust Trixxie and I. We both know what should be best for our gameplay experience.

Hi all,

Awesome, that's fantastic to hear. Me and so many people find SoV just unbeatable, especially when it comes to the final boss fight, which we struggle with too much. Anything you can do to help us will be awesome, and we will continue to enjoy the game in the years to come. :D

Edited by Brother_Wolf_NZ

Thank you Jackie, that is wonderful news. Please suggest to the devs that it be an opt-in feature and not an opt-out feature. And please add a pop-up to ask if people want to use it. This way people will try playing without using it first and it’s only there as an optional backup if they find it too hard.

That sounds like a fantastic idea, Trixxie. Perhaps we'll turn to you as the idealist in the future when it comes to new content. ;)

But you can clear it, right? So it's not about you, or me, who can clear it half asleep, feeling like being bored to death.

The God Bot is to help people who CAN"T clear it because of the difficulty.

Give Solo Story Mode FP a God Bot and have an op-in/-out option is the BEST solution to solve future similar problems.

PS: It's absurd that Solo SM SoV is MUCH MORE DIFFICULT than VM Secret of Enclave GF. It IS broken.

I'm in 100% agreement with you right there.

Story mode is supposed to be easily soloable it is not. I cannot take out the snipers during the final booss because the usless companion will stand there letting the other mob kill him. I cannot kill the others because then the snipers fire an instant kill shot.

Either tone it down already or provide the option to skip it all together. Flashpoint shouldn't be party of the main story in the first place.

Huh.. i did SoV with a lv 75 consular dressed in 290 irating gear with blue augments and put guest companion to heal and had no problems whatsoever. Yes, it took a long time to kill the dar-manda boss, but that was all..

At the snipers part, you have to kill them first, then cc one of the hulks, kill the others then the cc-ed mob and thats it.

There is nothing else.

Yeah well, it's your choice NOT to use the damn thing. But people like me need it, especially since we're still in the pre-306 rated gear stage. Keep your opinions to yourself!

Yeah well, it's your choice NOT to use the damn thing. But people like me need it, especially since we're still in the pre-306 rated gear stage. Keep your opinions to yourself!

Except 306 gear is not needed. I just posted that 306 gear is not needed. The god bot is not needed either. I posted why. Your gear isn't the issue. Go back to page 9 and to the bottom.

Huh.. i did SoV with a lv 75 consular dressed in 290 irating gear with blue augments and put guest companion to heal and had no problems whatsoever. Yes, it took a long time to kill the dar-manda boss, but that was all..

At the snipers part, you have to kill them first, then cc one of the hulks, kill the others then the cc-ed mob and thats it.

Precisely. The snipers and player awareness/patience are the issue, not gear. I mentioned before (page 9, bottom post, go read it) that my friend in GREEN lowest level gear was able to do it. And he has NO augments. If he can do it, and Harafnhildur here can do it, so can anyone else.

Except 306 gear is not needed. I just posted that 306 gear is not needed. The god bot is not needed either. I posted why. Your gear isn't the issue. Go back to page 9 and to the bottom.

I just saw the post. Thanks for the confidence, but I struggled with the final boss fight on my bounty hunter mercenary the other day. I'm being honest, we're desperate to have this flashpoint made just a little bit easier for us. Especially when we don't know the mechanics as well as we should.

I just saw the post. Thanks for the confidence, but I struggled with the final boss fight on my bounty hunter mercenary the other day. I'm being honest, we're desperate to have this flashpoint made just a little bit easier for us. Especially when we don't know the mechanics as well as we should.

Oh cool. Thanks for checking it out. Yeah I get it. It's a real challenge, and to be honest, it's partly the dev's fault for making the rest of the game such a walk in the park compared to what it was. But I digress...

One thing to try, is to anticipate that you're going to get hit by those snipers hard. Go for one of those emergency med stations as soon as the snipers show up to mitigate that first round of hard hits. Other than that and interrupts/stuns against charged attacks and the stuff about CDs... timing and try, try, try again. My friend in his green 270 gear beat it in one go, while I in my augmented, set bonus (vendor), min/max gear beat it after several rage-induced failed attempts. :D

What makes it more frustrating is if you log out, you have to do the WHOLE THING all over again. You can't log-out and take a break, then go back to that spot. I broke a HEROIC Star Fortress boss and now I have to do it all over again. Not exactly the same, but the feeling of "I really don't wanna do it all again" is.