Huttball ninja nerf on movement speed

tharlainmar

Not sure if anyone knows this already but aside from the less frequent huttballs, they have also changed it so that you get a perma slow while carrying the ball even if you are not in combat and no one is around you. now this would not be so bad if the speed was the same as being in combat but they have made it so that it even stacks with the movespeed decrease trauma from being in combat.

Yes, I found the same thing. And I’m not confusing it with the small speed Nerf last time. This one makes you walk slower when you get the ball. Even when you get the speed boost in Quesh it is still slower than running without ball. I started clicking my walk and run button because I thought they’d been turned off.

That’s nice. Did they fix Operatives and Scoundrels being able to roll across half the field uncontested due to desync or whatever graphical issues that cause people to jump all over the place after rapid movement? Because if not, this speed nerf doesn’t mean much.

That’s nice. Did they fix Operatives and Scoundrels being able to roll across half the field uncontested due to desync or whatever graphical issues that cause people to jump all over the place after rapid movement? Because if not, this speed nerf doesn’t mean much.

No of course they didn’t fix it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I don't see this as a bad thing. You're supposed to pass the ball, not be a one man army carrying it to the goal line. If only they would remove movement abilities as well from the ball carrier.

If only they would remove movement abilities as well from the ball carrier.

Yeah, maybe. That might make the map more playable, but that only works enough people care about winning. Otherwise, all you're inviting is tdm. If you like tdm, that's what ranked is for.

I can see a scenario where no one goes for it because, without people in position, it's a death sentence with what you're proposing. When you get a premade that does not care to win (and most don't), they're just going to farm the ever loving :rak_01: out of the other team.

Perhaps you can explain how this is a net positive?

I don't see this as a bad thing. You're supposed to pass the ball, not be a one man army carrying it to the goal line. If only they would remove movement abilities as well from the ball carrier.

It’s not good if you can not walk 10 feet to get in range to pass because it feels like you are stuck in mud. Sadly, operatives roll isn’t affected like every other speed ability is. So they get the ball and have no restrictions in scoring, while every other class does.

And of course, you need a team who wants to play to win. Which is rare. I’ve lost count of the times I pass the ball and the person I pass to resets it because they only want to death match. Or when you need to pass the ball and there is no one around because they don’t support.

At least before you could score yourself if you didn’t have a team who wanted to win. Now you may as well go sit in the corner if you get a team like that because you can’t leave and you can’t score.

This change only works if you have it in ranked Hutt Ball. Then it makes perfect sense. But we don’t and we can assume pretty accurately that we never will. So it’s actually game wreaking in regs like Biowares other silly changes.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This would comically unbalance Huttball. It would be essentially impossible to cross any of the traps with another player on you.

This would comically unbalance Huttball. It would be essentially impossible to cross any of the traps with another player on you.

tbf, I get angry when ppl try to walk across fire traps. always use speed buffs, immunities, or white bar when crossing a fire trap. that's been a thing since 1.0. I marvel at the stupidity of players not passing across.

passing is a huge risk b/c every stealth has a ridiculous teleport "closer" (isn't stealth supposed to be a stealth closer?) in addition to the usual leapers, but seriously, not walking over a hot plate with the ball is HB 101.

tbf, I get angry when ppl try to walk across fire traps. always use speed buffs, immunities, or white bar when crossing a fire trap. that's been a thing since 1.0. I marvel at the stupidity of players not passing across.

passing is a huge risk b/c every stealth has a ridiculous teleport "closer" (isn't stealth supposed to be a stealth closer?) in addition to the usual leapers, but seriously, not walking over a hot plate with the ball is HB 101.

The average Huttball team has 1, possibly 2 people trying to score. There is almost no one there to catch the pass. Removing mobility any further would just create a large string of 0-0 games where no one can score.

Edited by HaoZhao

Not sure if anyone knows this already but aside from the less frequent huttballs, they have also changed it so that you get a perma slow while carrying the ball even if you are not in combat and no one is around you. now this would not be so bad if the speed was the same as being in combat but they have made it so that it even stacks with the movespeed decrease trauma from being in combat.

I did notice, doesn't surprise me. I've always said that BW is incompetent when it comes to PvP, that's just another piece on the stack of examples.

Still playable, but way more annoying in certain classes.

Edited by xdjinn

I like Huttball but the game needs the following fixes, I have been advocating for some time;

1. No speed abilities, and leap (or similar) to work with ball. Once some-1 has ball the only you can do is walk and pass.

2. Stealth detection in opposition goal line​

Fixes these would make HB a more fair game. It is annoying when the operative makes the team with it seem to have an extra man. Roll with ball (more to others) has made one of the best objective PvP designed MMOs stupid.

I like Huttball but the game needs the following fixes, I have been advocating for some time;

1. No speed abilities, and leap (or similar) to work with ball. Once some-1 has ball the only you can do is walk and pass.

2. Stealth detection in opposition goal line​

Fixes these would make HB a more fair game. It is annoying when the operative makes the team with it seem to have an extra man. Roll with ball (more to others) has made one of the best objective PvP designed MMOs stupid.

Or just get rid of the ball mechanic in Hutt ball and make it a death style arena that you can keep getting respawns in. The team with the most kills wins

Or just get rid of the ball mechanic in Hutt ball and make it a death style arena that you can keep getting respawns in. The team with the most kills wins

They can make that without killing Huttball, no? Seriously I do not know why I am answering to this.

I know a lot of people who love Huttball, for a reason. I remember speaking to another MMO champ from two other games saying what a great design it was. That was some eight years ago, and he called it one of the best Battle Grounds in MMO world. At the time he told me that a stealth detection in goal line should be made and I actually agreed with it. Think of it as an Offside in Soccer/Football.

I love it too but the game needs the fixes I am suggesting to be on a level playing field.

No......OG HB is the best map and mode in pvp.

No......OG HB is the best map and mode in pvp.

it used to be. not sure how you can say that now with all the lolroll, rocket out, holotraverses, etc. desync heaven and easily cheesed map traps. I dislike vandin, but you need barriers like vandin or a complete revamp of class abilities.

it used to be. not sure how you can say that now with all the lolroll, rocket out, holotraverses, etc. desync heaven and easily cheesed map traps. I dislike vandin, but you need barriers like vandin or a complete revamp of class abilities.

I hardly ever notice desync. Its not as common as people make it out to be.

It literally isn't.

that's a literal pre-teen argument level you are doing there mate.

Anyway, I didn't really pay much attention to desync on OPs (guess grown used to it, or it's a lot better now, idk). But the speed nerf is getting on my nerves. It made carrying the ball to passing positions virtually impossible with certain classes, I kid you not.