It is impossible for an ordinary player to have fun on DM server (edited)

slowdude

t's not only about victories and defeats, but also about the pleasure of the game. It is not there, because at any time a casual player will get so-called good ranked players or premades from a pvp guild. Everybody knows guilds (no names, BW!), playing with them on the same team (you are not part of the party only viewer) or against them is no fun. Players from these guilds take pleasure in humiliating and destroying. Usually these are premades with a healer and a tank or 4 operatives, 4 pt, 3 pt + healer, etc. Сasual players usually play solo or duo, but even a premade will not be able to do anything.

BW do not care, they introduced penalty, so that the elitists could have fun. You cannot escape, you cannot report griefing, the ignore list does not work in pvp. Matching algorithm does not take into account the presence of groups and experience in ranked games. And there is no healthy community on the server to fight this kind behavior. Needless to say, many of the members of these guilds are highly toxic. As a result, these people and others like them did everything to prevent beginners and average players from participating in wz and ranked arenas.

Usually elitists advise to create their own premade or l2p. Typical responses and hypocrisy. It is known that there are a huge number of single players in MMOs, as in MOBAs, shooters, etc. Popular MMOs are turning into a theme park for solo players. The premade team-oriented MOBA from Blizzard has failed. The group finder appeared in the MMOs for a reason. And the matchmaking, which takes into account the strength of the players and the presence of groups too. Most of the content in SWTOR, what people try the game for, is solo content. Obviously, the make your argument serves to justify humiliating people over the years. Because casual players usually did not create premades, do not create premades and will not create them. These are realities. You blame and punish people for playing the wrong in a game, where the selling point is the story. You can see perfectly well opponents, but it gives you pleasure in destroying newbies, bads, nonfactors and some mysterious players, whom you call regstars. It's just an abuse of a bad matchmaking system.

Back to warzones. If you are not interested in objects, then why don't you play team ranked? Of course, there is no right person online, you want to play with non-meta specs and a million other excuses. Team ranked games are dead because of the same attitude, but with a smaller audience. The Toxic Elite Club is unable to organize safe hours, days or training for newcomers. I guess your influence on the population of pvp players does not matter to you, as well as the attitude of other players, only friends from the elitist club.

I don’t know about US, German or French servers, but DM is just a toxic dump.

Edited by slowdude

In before said elitists hijack the thread to tell everyone they have a right to farm solo pugs for sport. LOL.

But in all seriousness, the OP is right to say Bioware don’t care about the solo players experience in regs. They don’t care if if it’s so bad that people stop playing.

You only need to look at the latest change coming to lowbie reg pvp to know Bioware have zero understanding of reg pvp or care about players enjoyment.

6.3 patch notes :

PvP brackets have been merged into two brackets instead of three: 1-74 and 75.

If this change doesn’t show how little Bioware care, nothing does.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

In before said elitists hijack the thread to tell everyone they have a right to farm solo pugs for sport. LOL.

But in all seriousness, the OP is right to say Bioware don’t care about the solo players experience in regs. They don’t care if if it’s so bad that people stop playing.

You only need to look at the latest change coming to lowbie reg pvp to know Bioware have zero understanding of reg pvp or care about players enjoyment.

If this change doesn’t show how little Bioware care, nothing does.

I always que solo, and yeah.. I dont' care at all . For me objective play has become very boring and my only focus is killing and dueling others .

Yeah, I am a horrible person , but someone has to be like me . And yeah, I am ranked player as well . You know after you play a zillion games, and see what kind of parody unranked has become, you really start not caring anymore...

A lot of people in unranked have no idea that resolve bar exists at all , and they are also unaware of a lot of game mechanics ,which results in them getting face walked by more experienced nerds that actually wanted to learn everything there is to PVP in this game . And please don't tell me that someone who is bad in Wow doesn't get deleted by veterans the same way as in Swtor .

Everyone has the right to post their opinions but at the end of the day , face it .. it's PVP, you get walked over sometimes. Just get over it .

Edited by DavidAtkinson

And please don't tell me that someone who is bad in Wow doesn't get deleted by veterans the same way as in Swtor .

Anyone that thinks this situation is harsh to new players, especially compared to something like WoW, is beyond dumb. Go play shadowlands arena w/ 196 iLvl and get rolled by players simply due to gear being crazy. Or go into 2’s and smurf to 800 elo and watch how many players are clearly there for 1v2 clips and are actually 1800 lol.

This is a silly post, I solo queue regs if ranked isn’t popping and roll kids most games, sure lose some and lose some real bad but who cares that’s part of it. Forum kids need to whine a bit less tbh, get better and you’ll get rolled less, but introspection hawd

Anyone that thinks this situation is harsh to new players, especially compared to something like WoW, is beyond dumb. Go play shadowlands arena

I had to stop reading at this point right here. you've already moved into completely irrelevant territory. arenas are not battlegrounds.

arenas are one and done (as in you die once and it's over). you don't get constantly globalled and farmed and have the timer extended to maximum (ignoring objectives) so that the dominant opponents can fluff their numbers or flag you or spawn camp you ad nauseum. sorry, but not sorry. your reply here is irrelevant.

btw: I don't object to players doing that. I think it's dishonorable/unsportsmanlike, but it's within the confines of the rules of the game. what I find abhorrent and why I'm done when my sub runs out is that players have to sit there and take it up the arse. leaving a WZ is a concession to the other team. it's the only recourse a player has to getting globalled by players in far greater numbers or with far higher skill than they do. and folks, the "victim" isn't learning anything by getting s.h.i.t. on except that he should do it to other ppl too.

In general the PvP community seems two groups.

One half of it is basically trolls usually with vulgar names who are quick to boss others around & blame everyone else but themselves. You can count on them to basically rage and start trash talking in say second you don't play your class the way they want you to.

The other half are people who just enjoy PvP and don't mind helping other players to increase the player pool + enjoy healthy competition. These are the guys who will call out targets, offer a strategy while still being civil about it.

Its kinda like the leader vs. boss difference, and honestly its just basic social skills and maturity. They're in every mode, especially in group finders.

It would be nice if Bioware put in some sort of "honor" system that rewarded players for being civil and helpful. As a negative system would most likely be exploited at a higher rate by same said party. Something like you can only vote for a characters honor rating once per legacy per 6 months in random Qs. This way honor would be more accurate and increase incentive to be helpful, reward em with unique items etc.

Unfortunately there's not really a lot of moderation in game to help encourage civility and sportsmanship. PvP would benefit highly from a referee type figure that pops into games from time to time to help remind people its a game to have fun & not an excuse to lash out due to personal shortcomings in emotional development.

Sure you can get frustrated at a loss, but any talented individual takes that as an opportunity to learn and improve to increase skill level. There are a lot of positive people out there, but it does seem the troll crowd currently dominates the PvP sections the most. I hope you start running into people who want to have fun while we cross our fingers that those in charge do something proactive to curb these issues.

Godspeed.

Edited by TheVoyant

...why I'm done when my sub runs out is that players have to sit there and take it up the arse.

Shame that. Not that I blame you, but it is a shame. Of the regulars in these forums, you and Trixxie seem to have the more level and rational responses. Happy gaming wherever you go.

• 2 weeks later...
Lack of matchmaking = lack of fun for majority of players. If you are good at pvp guess what it's lonely at the top and thats how it should be. If you are casual should play only against casual players and have fun bashing each other with less dexterity and understanding of the mechanics. Sending bad players against good players guess what it slowly kills the environment because no surprise here bad players will quit when they notice they are not allowed to have fun in a game...that supposed to be fun.

The other half are people who just enjoy PvP and don't mind helping other players to increase the player pool + enjoy healthy competition. These are the guys who will call out targets, offer a strategy while still being civil about it.

Unfortunately, this player base is dwindling at an alarming speed. The problem is that giving advice doesn’t help when that advice is ignored or misunderstood. There’s a reason that the nickname for solo queue is ‘yolo queue’. I certainly used to be one of those helpful players. But after people reacted to my tactical advice like I told them to go piss up a rope, I stopped. Now, my attitude is whatever happens happens. And I’m honestly three seconds away from joining the number farmers at this point. At least then, I’d get something out of PvP.

Сasual players usually play solo or duo, but even a premade will not be able to do anything.

So, uhhh, premade vs premade isn't fair?

Usually elitists advise to create their own premade or l2p.

Sure, l2p isn't much of help as an advice. But is there really any other way around it? Play more to get good. That's how the ''good'' ones got good. There isn't some one big secret that would make you instantly top 1% player. I remember back when I started PvP'ing, around the end of 2.x/start of 3.0. I went constantly against premades, got rolled sometimes, sometimes had very competitive games. I grinded it out and got better. Not that I'm some god gamer now, but a lot better than I was.

BW do not care, they introduced penalty, so that the elitists could have fun.

Doubt that's the reason for the penalty.

The Toxic Elite Club is unable to organize safe hours, days

First of all, why on earth should ''better'' players organize ''safe hours/days''? Pretty ridiculous idea ngl.

Tbh honestly feels your whole post boils down to ''I don't like losing and I refuse to grind PvP enough to get good. Some players are better than me, don't allow them to play :mad: ''

Unfortunately it's not how it works, there isn't a shortcut. Just have to keep on the grind, it's how anyone in any game ever got good. Just put on some good music and jam around while grinding PvP for few hours pepeJam. Rinse and repeat.

I know that blaming others is easier and makes you feel better about yourself, I would know, I used to (and still sometimes do) blame losing on my teammates or balance changes or something else in some games. It's easier, but unfortunately will get you nowhere.

or training for newcomers.

I don't think they owe anyone to train them either. But I'm sure if you asked for tips/help in Fleet, you'd eventually get some responses. I always help when people ask about stats for PvP, know some others who help in that too. Have not seen anyone ask for other kind of help for PvP though.

Back to warzones. If you are not interested in objects, then why don't you play team ranked? Of course, there is no right person online, you want to play with non-meta specs and a million other excuses. Team ranked games are dead because of the same attitude, but with a smaller audience. The Toxic Elite Club is unable to organize safe hours, days or training for newcomers. I guess your influence on the population of pvp players does not matter to you, as well as the attitude of other players, only friends from the elitist club.

How do you even type this with a straight face is beyond me. So I shouldn't Q during the prime time with my friends, because there are worse players in queue? Should I /stuck everytime I am about to kill someone who is clearly worse pvp player? Get a grip lol.

The problem is the game's population isn't big enough to stop players who would do more damage if they literally just hit auto attack every 1.5 seconds from being grouped with/against players who know how to play the game properly. The hidden ELO system punishes good solo players when there are an uneven number of groups in the queue.

It's a problem that is basically unsolvable at this point. The next and final server merge will improve pvp quality for the remaining players but that's it unless somehow bioware finds a way to drastically increase the population despite not spending any money to improve the game.

The problem is the game's population isn't big enough to stop players who would do more damage if they literally just hit auto attack every 1.5 seconds from being grouped with/against players who know how to play the game properly. The hidden ELO system punishes good solo players when there are an uneven number of groups in the queue.

It's a problem that is basically unsolvable at this point. The next and final server merge will improve pvp quality for the remaining players but that's it unless somehow bioware finds a way to drastically increase the population despite not spending any money to improve the game.

You are right of course about the match making system. The hidden ELO punishes the good solo players, especially outside of primetime or if there are uneven premades queuing.

I don’t think a merge will fix anything unless they fix the match making algorithms in both regs and ranked. And it would also depend on when and “if” they do another server merge. For the health of pvp, a server merge is probably past due already. But a merge isn’t needed for the rest of the game, so I can’t see another happening before they shutter the game and any reasonably good pvp experience will die well before then.

Sorry but premades are not the problem. You can still win against them if you are a decent player. There are many people can still outheal and outdps them or outperform in objectives as solo versus premade. Before blaming premades or bad teammates take a look at yourself. If you are getting globaled on classes like Operative, Mercenary etc. then problem is you. If you fail to pull more than 7-8k DPS on Advanced Prototype or Lightning etc. then problem is you. If you are losing a pylon to one single stealth enemy as Assassin or Operative then problem is you. If 3 of your teammates are rushing their own node to cap it while there is no sight of enemy and you are following them, then you are the problem. I can add so many examples but it would be unneccesary. I see so many players going offnodes and getting farmed there. I see tanks and healers sitting on nodes as defender or kiter. Their place should be on middle, where they heal and guard swap their teammates to prevent their team from getting farmed. What people don't understand is of course objectives are important in order to win but you also need to pull decent protection, dps or heal. Because you can't always ninja an enemy offnode. There will be moments where you need to farm points by killing in such games like Ancient Hypergate. If your teammates are getting erased after they leave spawn, taking orbs and carrying them to pylon won't be enough to win. That is where you need to have a good targeting priority and decent damage/heal/protection outputs. Last thing i can say is, we are playing a gosh darn mmo game you know that right? It's meant to be played with other players. Get better. Find yourself decent teammates. Start winning instead of crying on forums. Don't be like one of those 800 elo regstar Merc players, they knows themselves. Edited by KRTLOnur
Typo

Usually elitists advise to create their own premade or l2p. Typical responses and hypocrisy. It is known that there are a huge number of single players in MMOs, as in MOBAs, shooters, etc. Popular MMOs are turning into a theme park for solo players. The premade team-oriented MOBA from Blizzard has failed. The group finder appeared in the MMOs for a reason. And the matchmaking, which takes into account the strength of the players and the presence of groups too. Most of the content in SWTOR, what people try the game for, is solo content.

PLAYER vs PLAYER content is by definition, not solo content. Solo content is 95% of SWTOR (to its detriment) so no, making PvP "solo friendly" is really just code for discouraging competitive gameplay. Everyone can get the same gear. (Minus "super augs" ) Everyone can get the Rishi stronghold, everyone can set up practice matches with their guild, anyone who has time can be a better player, and more importantly in pvp, be a better teammate. It's almost a ten year old game.

SWTOR is an extremely easy game for the vast majority of it's content, mostly because of the companion system. There are no consequences for being a bad player, to the point where most people don't even know they're bad. All they know is they get through the content, and all the NPC's can't stop talking about how great they are.

We don't need the solo game mentality installed into pvp, simply because you had a bad game against some jerk players. Those "elitist jerks" had the same thing happen to them, and instead of wallowing in the gutter, and trying to drag everyone down, they made friends, got good, and as a reward for that, get more enjoyment out of the game than someone who hasn't. If it's that big of a deal, put em on a friends list and que dodge em.

Edited by Severith

This game has been going backwards (in a bad way) step by step ever since Mr. Kanneg took over. They rewind, rework and redo all the same mistakes they did in the first years, as if there was no documentation in the company, and we're heading back to the situation we had in 2012, at least in the PvP field. Anyone who has been there, can see the similarities. We're almost back at PvP 1.0. All we need is one more level added to the 1-74 bracket. I can imagine they already have a plan for that in the drawer of Mr. Schmidt's desk.

The situation reminds me very much of Spring 2012 on The Progenitor, PvP-wise. We even have the same toxic PvP guilds back in the game who ruined PvP for the majority on TP in 2012. And they do the same things again. Backed by BW's decisions.

It would make me feel sad to see that they're doing the same things which proved to not work the way they thought they would, again and again, while ignoring the voices of the people who went through these things, again and again. But honestly... at this point I don't care anymore what they do. Not worth thinking about it. I just do my own stuff, and won't PvP anymore.

BioWare have a history in this game of repeating and rehashing the exact same mistakes they’ve made in the past. This isn’t something new with Keith, it was happening well before he took over.

The problem as I see it is they bring in new people who don’t know or understand the history of their own game. Wether they document things properly or not is unknown. But there are Bioware community posts, patch notes and official forums threads that should be enough. Sadly, I don’t think they read them or they are so arrogant that they think they were right the first time and the players were wrong.

I’ve yet to see Bioware ever really admit a mistake. They would rather double down on a bad decision instead of back tracking or admitting they were wrong. That is why this game continues to lose players as people lose confidence in their ability to navigate their own development.

Do you guys know that you can actually leave the WZ or Arena? ( I know 15 mins lock out, so what no big deal) I's that simple. Asking help from BW on the forum is wasting of time. They did not do anything in the last 9 yrs for casual players, you think they're gonna start it now?