'Sand Demon'

Rayla_Felana

Am I the only one who thought this creature was very disappointing? it was far smaller than a Rancor or Krayt Dragon, yet it's meant to be the worst thing on Tatooine? the woman from the JK storyline claimed it's the only thing that hunts Krayt Dragons.... what? a Kraty Dragon could devour that thing whole.

Why does the creature have to be big, in order to take down a Krayt dragon? Perhaps it hunted Krayts in a different way then just attacking. Just because something is small compared to something else, doesn't make it deadlier to the bigger thing.

We saw exactly what the Sand Demon could do in the battles we have seen, I haven't seen any way it could kill something as powerful and massive as a Krayt Dragon, going off of the Prehistoric times for Earth, if you didn't have a unique way of killing something Eg. Poison or Toxins, it came down to size or numbers for predators, every time, the Sand Demon has none of these advantages against a Krayt Dragon.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

We saw exactly what the Sand Demon could do in the battles we have seen, I haven't seen any way it could kill something as powerful and massive as a Krayt Dragon, going off of the Prehistoric times for Earth, if you didn't have a unique way of killing something Eg. Poison or Toxins, it came down to size or numbers for predators, every time, the Sand Demon has none of these advantages against a Krayt Dragon.

It has the advantage of being smaller though, thus quicker can also swim through the sand so surprise attack?Perhaps it also knew of a dragon's weakness. But then again, its only claimed to be able to take down a krayt so theres no real proof of it being able to. Besides Sand People hunted Krayt Dragon's as an initation rite, so I don't think being smaller has anything to do with it, the sand demon clearly has some advantage over the Krayt.

But as said, its only claimed to theres no proof.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Am I the only one who thought this creature was very disappointing? it was far smaller than a Rancor or Krayt Dragon, yet it's meant to be the worst thing on Tatooine? the woman from the JK storyline claimed it's the only thing that hunts Krayt Dragons.... what? a Kraty Dragon could devour that thing whole.

Multiple species of krayt dragon. The traditional one is the canyon krayt, which I think is what everyone refers to when they say krayt dragon. This one is roughly the size of the sand demon in question (I'm assuming the JK storyline one is the same as the SW storyline one). The big honking gigantic ones, the ones that leave skeletons the size of trains everywhere, those are greater krayt dragons, and the locals with the exceptions of Sand People and Jawas consider them myths because those things get live way out in the wilderness, are pretty rare, and the dipstick foreigners that stumble across them rarely live through it and are never believed. Greater krayts are the Loch Ness Monsters of Tattooine.

Yes, you find a huge graveyard of them out in the Dune Sea, but not before hearing literally everyone you talk to that the Dune Sea is a death trap. Meaning, anyone who saw it besides your Mary Sue character obviously never made it back to tell people about it. A bounty hunter in Tales from Jabba's Palace made it his mission in life to find a greater krayt dragon and kill it, and he only found one after he survived the skiff explosion and got stranded out in the Dune Sea. By accident.

Edited by Malles

• 7 years later...
Multiple species of krayt dragon. The traditional one is the canyon krayt, which I think is what everyone refers to when they say krayt dragon. This one is roughly the size of the sand demon in question (I'm assuming the JK storyline one is the same as the SW storyline one). The big honking gigantic ones, the ones that leave skeletons the size of trains everywhere, those are greater krayt dragons, and the locals with the exceptions of Sand People and Jawas consider them myths because those things get live way out in the wilderness, are pretty rare, and the dipstick foreigners that stumble across them rarely live through it and are never believed. Greater krayts are the Loch Ness Monsters of Tattooine.

Yes, you find a huge graveyard of them out in the Dune Sea, but not before hearing literally everyone you talk to that the Dune Sea is a death trap. Meaning, anyone who saw it besides your Mary Sue character obviously never made it back to tell people about it. A bounty hunter in Tales from Jabba's Palace made it his mission in life to find a greater krayt dragon and kill it, and he only found one after he survived the skiff explosion and got stranded out in the Dune Sea. By accident.

It is true that sand demons are about the size of canyon krayt dragons, however, at least in the JK mission, the Sand Demon's lair is right under the hole where the greater krayt dragon graveyard is at, thus I suppose the Sand Demon killed that krayt dragon and made its lair in there.