Everyone dying to EV fall damage?

Recently came back to the game. Doing the EV Operation, story mode, 8-man. When the last boss gets to 75%, and the floor starts dropping, almost everyone dies from fall damage trying to make our way down to the next level. We've checked a couple guides making sure we're following the correct path down, we have two healers trying to keep people healed, but the fall damage is just really high. Most of us are all 320 or better gear rating. I've done this raid when the game first came out, and I know getting down to the next level was not this big of challenge back then. Is the damage supposed to be this bad, or is it bugged, or are we just missing something?

Fall damage doesn't get weaker with difficulty. If you're not starting the drop down section with high health and not preparing for group healing on the way down you're killing yourself. Edited by Gyronamics

Just need to aoe heal on your way down, make sure people aren't bolting off on their own without the healers. If you are really struggling, people with leaps can leap to the pylons on the way down from the platform above them and take no damage. If you have assassins with reaper's rush they can get down without taking almost any damage by phantom striding from platform to platform, and killing them. Also, anyone with offheals can use them as well when they can, but it really is mostly up to the healers to just heal the fall damage. Its definitely very doable, I usually do it as a solo healer without any problems.

I did have one group that simply could not get down shortly after the expansion started, I was assassin tanking, took almost no damage by reapers rushing my way down, and the entire group except for me and an operative DPS that was self healing themself died about 3 platforms from the end. The healers were doing very little healing though, I don't know if they understood their classes at all, neither were using key abilities, and their actions per minute were VERY low, about 15 per minute between two healers. I don't know fi that was the case for your group, but it may just be a matter of using the healing abilities more functionally; using aoe on multiple targets instead of single targets, using abilities that can be used on the move while moving from platform to platform, and aoe healing the group as they kill the pylons on the way down, with the whole group stacked up.

Yeah, we're doing all that. Healers are doing everything they can. These are experienced gamers, we're raided together for years. We stay together, they got all the heals going they can, and still, several are dead from fall damage, or survive but have so low health that it hardly matters.

Do you need someone from outside your group to tell you player performance is poor :confused:

The stairs have not changed in a decade.

Having enough health starts with team organisation to group up fully in the correct spot before its time to drop down for easy topping up plus healer competence to press aoe heals at the two substantial pauses on the way down (where people again group up) while waiting for the missing slabs to drop.

Edited by Gyronamics

I've been pugging this in hm for weeks with no problem. (without discords or voice communication.)

Is your group only using 1 healer for sm? if so that right there could be why.

also did DPS classes heal themselves when they had time? if your playing a merc, sorc or Operative you should be helping to heal yourself when time permits on the way down.

Edited by Toraak

• 2 weeks later...
I've seen this happen with groups that weren't quick enough destroying all the pylons. You only have to destroy five on the way down to remove Soa's stacks. After that, you can ignore them. If you're doing more than five and taking too long to destroy them, the platforms will fall out from under you.