Interactions with original companion after KOTET

Opelel

Hey, will in SWTOR be maybe more conversations or interactions with your original companion, for example Vette? I'd love to see more interactions with your companion after KOTET. It seems weird and sad, because 9 Chapter in KOTET is the last time when we can say anything to our wife/husband, but we can't do anything after it. Our characters should make up the last 5 years with our companion. Idk, maybe some quests, interactions, conversations, even if we could do something with mails that they send to us would be great. I hope something like this will be in game someday. Edited by Opelel

I'm in the same boat. It seems everyone has moved on though. This heart break happened years ago. KOTFE is years and years old. It's like we're asking devs to add Thane romance content to Mass Effect 3, a done game. Long done. 😭

Man, it's so heartbreaking that you can't even interact with your wife. I completet KOTFE and KOTET in 2 days, it was great story about Eternal Throne, but I did it that fast because I couldn't resist interactions with Vette after all these days... and after KOTET, when SW and she have time for themselves, we can't do anything with her. Big bruh

Man, it's so heartbreaking that you can't even interact with your wife. I completet KOTFE and KOTET in 2 days, it was great story about Eternal Throne, but I did it that fast because I couldn't resist interactions with Vette after all these days... and after KOTET, when SW and she have time for themselves, we can't do anything with her. Big bruh

Ok but like

I know I am not a software dev, and I've only dabbled in Python, and I drop to my knees in respect for game devs, but like

is it really a gargantuan game development task to code in the legacy companion reunions a bit earlier in the KOTFE/KOTET storylines and be able to summon them in the KOTFE/KOTET quests or whatever? I mean, the alliance-alert reunion cut scenes wouldn't change. They'd literally just be able to be triggered ....earlier. Then they'd appear in your Companion-selection menu and could be summoned for some of the KOTFE/KOTET fights. None of this would affect decisions or story elements during or after KOTFE/KOTET.

Edited by Addictress

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the club of disappointment. After your Class story the game focuses only on one story. Companions are only in stories as they choose to produce. Many don't return at all in story. You need to do the Alert. You will get a reunion scene, but that's it. If there's no Alert for a Companion then he or she will return in a cameo in the Story. There will be reunion dialogue. As for a Romance, unless it's Theron or Lana nothing will happen. Theron appears less and less as the story progresses. Lana is in your face whether you like her or not.

is it really a gargantuan game development task to code in the legacy companion reunions a bit earlier in the KOTFE/KOTET storylines and be able to summon them in the KOTFE/KOTET quests or whatever? I mean, the alliance-alert reunion cut scenes wouldn't change. They'd literally just be able to be triggered ....earlier. Then they'd appear in your Companion-selection menu and could be summoned for some of the KOTFE/KOTET fights. None of this would affect decisions or story elements during or after KOTFE/KOTET.

Some of them wouldn't make much sense specifically from a storytelling point of view if the reunion alerts are moved earlier.

Three in particular stand out: Light Side Jaesa Wilsaam, Nadia Grell and Doc, although Khem Val, Kira Carsen and Lord Scourge are close behind. Each of them has dialogue during Jedi Under Siege (Onslaught for Kira and Scourge) that's clearly "this person hasn't seen you for more than five years", which wouldn't make much sense if the alert happened earlier. (For Kira and Scourge, the alert isn't actually a reunion alert, but a "romance (re)launcher" alert.)

For LS Jaesa, it's even worse, since the alert's content (and possibly its availability) depends on something you do *during* Jedi Under Siege...

So for those ones, probably it would be a big chunk of work. For the others who aren't available *at* KotFE Chapter IX, and who aren't returned *in* the story (i.e. leaving aside Kaliyo, Aric, Vette, Gault and Torian), moving the alerts doesn't seem like it would be a big deal, although some of the dialogue might be a bit weird. (I'm pretty sure some of the ones that unlock at the end of KotET make reference to your status as emperor/peacebringer...)

And of course you find yourself restricted to specific companions a *lot* during KotFE and KotET. The Dragon's Maw requires Theron, and nothing you do or say during the chapter can change that.

Moving the alerts *before* KotFE Chapter IX makes exactly no storytelling sense.