<FOR ADMINS> PLEASE!!!!! Let us block trolls.

Mccordrm

I'm tired of getting into PvP matches (including Starfighter) with these damage money trolls who don't even try to win. For love the love of *********** god, let us block them so we don't get put in their groups. That way, they can all get in the same matches together without ruining it for the rest of us who actually want to play the actual game.

I mean you can. If you ignore someone you shouldn't be able to get into one team with them, excluding ranked obviously.

no, that only works for pve.

in pvp, even if u have their legacy on ignore, they get matched in the same group.

we pvp players have demanded (since years!) that we can select the pvp maps we want to list for, similar to how pve players can choose the flashpoints/ops they want to list for.

as to seperate the zergers who only want to flex their petty damage from the real pvp players who play for objectives, zergers go to arena maps to zerg, objective players go to objective BGs and huttball.

but the answer from the bioware swtor staff was always "no, we dont want that!" without ever giving any reason as to why not.

If it means I get people who actually play the objective instead of number farmers, I'll take that trade off.

So the other team can cleave you down more easily infront of the voidstar door?

Seems like a good decision come to think of it.

99% of them are "ranked" players that dont think regs deserve an effort or thier consideration... just return the favor and blow up ranked matches, they will figure it out.

So you mean throw games in a game mode that rarely pops as it is because people want to PVP how they want in a game they pay for? That is somewhat of a childish take given the fact that there is no map voting system and a lockout for leaving even though you would be instantly replaced. It's not like winning or losing regs really gives you anything anyway once you have gear its just a grey box with nothing usefull or a green box with nothing useful in it. Technically throwing games is against TOS while deathmatching in regs is just playing pvp.

I Remember when people used to like to PVP. Not just click on Nodes what a boring playstyle.

BTW This is how pvp is supposed to be played:

I haven't seen a single player yet, That complains about objective play that can actually play the game at a good level. 90% of those that complain still click abilities after 10 years, the other 10% don't even know what a stim is.

Edited by TmoneyTime

I Remember when people used to like to PVP. Not just click on Nodes what a boring playstyle.

I haven't seen a single player yet, That complains about objective play that can actually play the game at a good level. 90% of those that complain still click abilities after 10 years, the other 10% don't even know what a stim is.

Dot spreading in a voidstar, 11k is kinda standard for anyone who is not bad. I don't think it's something I would brag about and post videos of in an effort to undermine objectives as a game mode. First match I played with my balance sage in a year, I did 10k and I was playing objectives, and I was rusty, and it was civil war. A sweaty 11k in a voidstar is nothing unusual at all.

Fact of the matter is that some people enjoy objectives and the mind games that objectives can yield. If you're not into them, that's fine. But there's two other game modes for attrition based PvP. And people like this video poster usually suck or are forgettable at both of them, and bc of that irrelevance, they spec dots and post videos of voidstars as a way to validate themselves. Again, that's fine. Some people literally need it. But you don't have to tear down objective players as a way to lift up yourself.

And what defines good level? Getting x amount of kills and dying at mid for the umpteenth time even though the team has the side nodes? You can get all the kills you want, but it means nothing if you don't get a single objective. Even in Yavin where they made kills count, it doesn't come close to what it would be if you had the objectives. So being a number farmer gains you nothing unless you're so worried about your e-peen scoreboard number.

And what defines good level? Getting x amount of kills and dying at mid for the umpteenth time even though the team has the side nodes? You can get all the kills you want, but it means nothing if you don't get a single objective. Even in Yavin where they made kills count, it doesn't come close to what it would be if you had the objectives. So being a number farmer gains you nothing unless you're so worried about your e-peen scoreboard number.

Kills don't count on yavin.

On hypergates they do, even if you don't have a node the kills point will be added once you end a round while having one. It is 100% useless to be an objective player on that map, usually they are bad, but they defend anyway. If you cannot defend a node in a 1v1 you might as well not defend at all, if you run into the enemies node and think you are stalling them: no, you are just feeding them kills points.

Hypergates is the map where farming numbers is a completly viable method of winning. If someone would da a "8 damage farmers vs 8 objective players" the damage farmer would wipe the floor with them, at least on hypergates.

Lets take a trip back to ranked 8s. You know what happened all these teams clamming objective this and objective that get rolled every time by the team with more dps pressure.

I tell you what, if you want to really see what I mean make a spread sheet record total dps in each match and what team wins. Having already done this back in 4.0 I bet you'll find something very surprising.

The team with better dps is favored by 68% (200 Match Sample Size). If the dps is greater then 10k between the two teams it's over 80%. These are 4.0 numbers mind you, But I bet they still ring pretty true. The dps numbers are higher now but that isn't going to change the win rate percentages.

I'm actually interested to see it in 7.0 I have a feeling its even higher. I will make another data set this time ill put it on a google drive so all can see. I will stream the games as well solo que only, So we can put an end to this argument.

Edited by TmoneyTime

• 1 month later...

This is a post about trolls ruining the experience of pvpers that actually enjoy playing objective in order to win the game. For many reasons, this is legitimate. Every game requires a winning team and losing team, meaning the game is MEANT TO BE PLAYED to win or lose. If it was for fun, there would be no objectives. PERIOD.

Individual skill is not important AT ALL. You are coming on here being just as toxic as people that intentionally ruin others experiences, throwing insults about skill.

Maybe look inward and figure out why you feel like ******** on people trying to have fun playing a game the way its meant to be played. There's probably something about yourself you don't like, because we sure don't like it either. Get rid of it or keep it inside, no one here wants to listen to it.

Individual skill is not important AT ALL. You are coming on here being just as toxic as people that intentionally ruin others experiences, throwing insults about skill.

I personally never insult anybody, but it's just more fun to play against people who actually try to survive instead of just rolling over and crying on the forums about being farmed. Did you really win if you died 13 times? I don't think so. I wouldn't like to die 13 times.

Maybe look inward and figure out why you feel like ******** on people trying to have fun playing a game the way its meant to be played. There's probably something about yourself you don't like, because we sure don't like it either. Get rid of it or keep it inside, no one here wants to listen to it.

The way PvP is meant to be played is by ignoring PvP? Alright.

heres a playlist of how the game was played at one time, Before bioware destoyed the pvp community. Think its just clash of older players vs new players. Gearing sucks and winning makes it faster so i get it but its def not why swtor was so much fun.

Lol sure you won the match do to your teammates, sure you got top dps epeen flex, but your objective is garbage. If you are as good as you claim. You should be able to top dps and objective. You just wanted to flex

Lol sure you won the match do to your teammates, sure you got top dps epeen flex, but your objective is garbage. If you are as good as you claim. You should be able to top dps and objective. You just wanted to flex

Nobody cares if you win or not, it's only a normal game. I'd much rather PvP then do dailies in a PvP zone, because that is what playing objective looks like, many many amazing players have already said that they don't try to play objective because it's boring - and they are right. There is just no reason to win, or lose.

Kills don't count on yavin.

On hypergates they do, even if you don't have a node the kills point will be added once you end a round while having one. It is 100% useless to be an objective player on that map, usually they are bad, but they defend anyway. If you cannot defend a node in a 1v1 you might as well not defend at all, if you run into the enemies node and think you are stalling them: no, you are just feeding them kills points.

Hypergates is the map where farming numbers is a completly viable method of winning. If someone would da a "8 damage farmers vs 8 objective players" the damage farmer would wipe the floor with them, at least on hypergates.

You get 2 points IIRC for every kill in Yavin.

If you want to win Hypergates you split sides to prevent the enemy from capping, while capping your own. AHG is the silliest map because there is no reason for anyone to be at mid, ever.

There is also this really silly presumption that damage farmers do more DPS. If you're poop and farming numbers, and the enemy is not poop and DPS'ing with objectives in mind, the good player will most likely out DPS the bad player. People also forget that having players pulled away to inconvenient places via objective play creates a numerical and pressure advantage that should result in a superior kill count.

These arguments are so ill thought out.

Lets take a trip back to ranked 8s. You know what happened all these teams clamming objective this and objective that get rolled every time by the team with more dps pressure.

I tell you what, if you want to really see what I mean make a spread sheet record total dps in each match and what team wins. Having already done this back in 4.0 I bet you'll find something very surprising.

The team with better dps is favored by 68% (200 Match Sample Size). If the dps is greater then 10k between the two teams it's over 80%. These are 4.0 numbers mind you, But I bet they still ring pretty true. The dps numbers are higher now but that isn't going to change the win rate percentages.

I'm actually interested to see it in 7.0 I have a feeling its even higher. I will make another data set this time ill put it on a google drive so all can see. I will stream the games as well solo que only, So we can put an end to this argument.

This is semi correct, but separating objective gameplay from pressure and effectiveness is truly stupid. The 8's team I played on had good pressure, but not the best, we had some of the best "win" based gameplay based around effective kills and objective play. We were also the only team after the great migration to TOFN that had a positive win / loss ratio against every other team.

Stop comparing things in vacuums because it's stupid.

This sorc, who wasn't the guy that posted the video, played this perfectly.

You get 2 points IIRC for every kill in Yavin.

I didn't know that, but I'm gonna be honest - I don't play to win, I play to have fun and if I could only queue some sort of 8 man TDM or arenas only I would, but I can't. It's just the simple truth that I prefer to do PvP as in actual combat and not as in trying to stop 4 idiots spam clicking the node, spread on them and then hit actual players. I do not respect them, I do not think they are capable of even threatening to kill me and it's not some ego trip or whatever it's just what I think and feel like. These people play like this because deep down they know they couldn't farm damage even if they tried to.

I mean damn, they are literal NPCs. They don't even fight back? How is that supposed to be fun for either side? Playing objective is just straight up boring and truthfully any damage farmer could do what objective players can, but better.

Did you actually win if you died 13 times? Was that fun? No, your team won - you were dead the entire time and it probably wasn't fun.

Except of course if you get ganked by like 4x deception sins in which case you are dead in 3s and it's fun because it's so ridiculous. I don't have any people in mind *cough* prum *cough* nike.

I didn't know that, but I'm gonna be honest - I don't play to win, I play to have fun and if I could only queue some sort of 8 man TDM or arenas only I would, but I can't. It's just the simple truth that I prefer to do PvP as in actual combat and not as in trying to stop 4 idiots spam clicking the node, spread on them and then hit actual players. I do not respect them, I do not think they are capable of even threatening to kill me and it's not some ego trip or whatever it's just what I think and feel like. These people play like this because deep down they know they couldn't farm damage even if they tried to.

I mean damn, they are literal NPCs. They don't even fight back? How is that supposed to be fun for either side? Playing objective is just straight up boring and truthfully any damage farmer could do what objective players can, but better.

Did you actually win if you died 13 times? Was that fun? No, your team won - you were dead the entire time and it probably wasn't fun.

Except of course if you get ganked by like 4x deception sins in which case you are dead in 3s and it's fun because it's so ridiculous. I don't have any people in mind *cough* prum *cough* nike.

This is a perfect example of the single-minded nonsense people always bring up in these threads.

Objective gameplay does not equal 4 people standing still clicking a button, in the same manner that me spamming rifle shot doesn't equal damage farming.

The argument is always made that damage farmers, by the virtue of them farming damage, are superior to objective players in every facet of gameplay. This is objectively incorrect.

If you want to just do damage and show off your amazing, elite, and breathtaking understanding of your class, then solo ranked and team ranked exist for you to do so. It's actually mind-blowing how dead those game modes are, considering the masses of people on every thread like these proclaiming how much they love just doing damage. It's almost like they don't actually want that at all, and what they actually want is to do a dummy parse against "inferior" players. That is fine, by the way, there's nothing wrong with that being your motivation, but making up some pseudo argument that blah blah blah real gameplay is kinda pointless and transparent.

The simple fact that people refer to objective gameplay as meaning, doing nothing other than clicking a node, shows how far removed the players in these forums are from what it actually means.

I do queue ranked whenever it pops.

No, playing objective actually does equal 4 people standing around clicking the node. I only mention you because you might be the only player in the game who could defend an objective for two minutes in a 1v1 and DOES consider himself an objective player. But even if you defend it for that long it still leaves your team vs mine in a coinflip situatuion - so did you carry? No, because I could leave you and make it 8v7 getting more killpoint or whatever.

But whatever works for you bro. I don't like farming bots, I want them to fight back - how is only one side trying fun? It's just not.