Several Guides to Starting Ranked PvP

septru

I was planning on augs after I had 306 and set bonus. But now I realize that FB only needs 4 pieces for full set bonus. What do you run with it? 3 pieces of amplified champion? 2 pieces of descent and 1 piece of amplified champion?

The difference is minimal between the two options. I run 2 piece descent and 1 piece amplified because I have my 6 piece descent anyways. Since you will eventually get the 6 piece descent, by the sounds of it, you might also want to do and do a 1 amplified, 2 descent.

The difference is minimal between the two options. I run 2 piece descent and 1 piece amplified because I have my 6 piece descent anyways. Since you will eventually get the 6 piece descent, by the sounds of it, you might also want to do and do a 1 amplified, 2 descent.

I bit the bullet and picked up 4 pieces of FB, and went with 2 descent 1 amplified. Thanks for the tips, looking forward to giving it a go.

• 1 month later...

Firstly this is a great list of guides, kudos and thanks I've used a couple of them myself. :rolleyes:

What I would love to see though is a guide with rough times (if such a thing exists) on when to queue on what server, or more consistent match-making for ranked. Don't know how many times in Solo as a tank it pairs me with 2 healers the last month or so. Very often in fact. Isn't that suppose to work that way? Or even in WZ these days you cant queue with more than one tank in a 4 man group, yet you join and theres 5 of them in a match. :D

• 1 month later...

What I would love to see though is a guide with rough times (if such a thing exists) on when to queue on what server, or more consistent match-making for ranked.

Ya. I've considered writing my own guide. Kind of a tips and tricks of when to que. But the problem is a) it's really complicated b) there's no hard science to it c) it varies and changes.

I think the best advice I can give is to not worthy about it, at least for your first season queing ranked. And I know how that sounds. But the best way to learn when to que is through experience. Trial and error. For example there are patterns in the matchmaking system that are easy to understand once you've been queing for a while. So at least for the first season, don't worry about your elo or your win/losses. Que for fun. This will give you experience to learn how to play your class better, learn the ranked meta, and more importantly learn BioWare's matchmaking system.

Edited by septru

• 5 months later...

Just FYI. To anyone looking to try ranked out for the first time and learn.....

Season 14 has ended. The ranked season is currently in preseason. The best time to try out ranked for the first time is during preseason because rating (ELO) is not tracked. If you are thinking about trying ranked, now is the time.