Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Petition: Server Transfers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MaximumOwnage's Avatar


MaximumOwnage
05.24.2016 , 01:41 PM | #1311
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Uh huh lol. I bet you were admired in other games huh? Were you a legend too? Did people respect you in other games Bob? I really like how you judge PvP here while admitting to never having played it...that's how we know how hardcore you were...
Nicely said.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
05.24.2016 , 03:14 PM | #1312
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
There are servers with decent populations, TRE for example is more than healthy, also it's not Biowares fault that players simply don't want to play on some servers, the biggest culprit of this was the former PvP servers.
But is it their fault that less people want to play the game regardless of server?
Whilst there are perfectly playable servers to suit most players play style it can't be ignored that population is down on the whole ( as it always is at this time of year ) ... this is what hopefully will be addressed by Bioware with some announcement to try cater to a broader base of players and bring more players back.

Either way expect a surge in July when chapter 16 drops as people return to consume 10-16 for $15 as opposed to the $15 per chapter now if that is all the new ( as in haven't done before ) content they have to consume.

Also then expect something in a financial call pointing out how the game saw X increase in subs over this period to which many will post "told you so!" about how well the game is doing sort of like how they grasp to the recent financial call as some sort of success when the only mention it got was "continues to grow" in regards to "extra content revenue" which could only really possibly mean the cartel market ( since the other revenue source is subscription ) ...

If every cartel pack bought was a person we could play the multiplayer content with I wonder if these topics would exist.

robertthebard's Avatar


robertthebard
05.24.2016 , 04:25 PM | #1313
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Uh huh lol. I bet you were admired in other games huh? Were you a legend too? Did people respect you in other games Bob? I really like how you judge PvP here while admitting to never having played it...that's how we know how hardcore you were...
Really, this is what we're reduced to now? In Rappelz, I led a siege party that was outnumbered 2-1 and outleveled by the same margin to a victory, all while "putting on airs" of a defense, we wanted to lose, but we didn't want to just give up the dungeon, so we could form a new alliance. Yeah, the people that sieged against and with me respected me, imagine that. Maybe it's because I didn't spend all my time on the forums complaining about 5 minute queue times?

In Aion, I was known, amongst the rifting PvPers and during sieges, because despite my faction being outnumbered 10 to 1, I showed up. I went out in the field and PvP'd on an Officer, knowing if I lost enough fights I could wind up being unable to equip my gear. That's consequences for PvP. What happens here? Do you even have repair costs? Last I knew, you didn't, so there is no penalty whatsoever for sucking so bad you have to cling to this like it's cr่me de la cr่me of PvP, right? Hell, you can't even be blacklisted in PvP, maybe because they knew they'd have to keep everyone that was interested able to join a group?

Of course, we'll ignore the essay I wrote about what they could have done with PvP here, and with Conquest. It doesn't fit your agenda, which right now seems all about coming out swinging with those personal attacks, hoping I'll earn myself another vacation? PvP here is meaningless. There are no special instances that open up if you win, or close if you lose. There is no paycheck at the end of the week for owning a Sector, it's all an elaborate teabag. If I want to see teabagging, I'd play CoD. So kick back and run with the carebears, just don't be surprised when true hardcore PvPers come in, take a look around and leave. It is, after all, a meaningless, pointless PvE FP with the opposing faction in it too, if you can find enough people, that is...

Vitaliu's Avatar


Vitaliu
06.27.2016 , 08:38 AM | #1314
Why should I pay such big money for the transfer if Bioware ruined my server.Why not have extended the time of the transfer of characters for 90сс?I haven't been in the game for 3 months,and here I go and the amount of transfer my characters 16000сс(not even funny)!!!How then can we play ?

tummiswtor's Avatar


tummiswtor
06.27.2016 , 09:54 AM | #1315
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitaliu View Post
Why should I pay such big money for the transfer if Bioware ruined my server.Why not have extended the time of the transfer of characters for 90сс?I haven't been in the game for 3 months,and here I go and the amount of transfer my characters 16000сс(not even funny)!!!How then can we play ?
+1
Players must pay Real Cash to NOT play alone on their server.

Feel free to use my Referral Friend link! New Subscriber get +7 days of sub!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KFtMTM

Sandreid's Avatar


Sandreid
07.17.2016 , 03:28 PM | #1316
It sure is awesome to come back to the game after 7 months break, just a few weeks after this one-time exception has expired, discovering that you're stuck on a completely dead server, that was extremely populated not half a year ago.

I'm really shocked over this, actually. I moved from The Progenitor to Tomb of Freedon Nadd (ToFN) 9 months ago, with my entire legacy (All my 16 max level characters) when the 90 cc sale was going on for quite a while back then. The Progenitor was completely dead when I came back to the game. So I moved, naturally - It was really cheap compared to other MMOs.
Now, I come back again, only to discover the exact same situation. Only this isn't October 2015, and it isn't Progenitor. It's July 2016, and it's ToFN.
I'm stuck on another server, but with the same problem: It's completely dead. With about 20 people online on the Fleet at peak hours, I feel like I'm running around on a ghost ship, or playing a single player game (Too bad it isn't Kotor 3, huh?). How am I suppose to find an active guild here now? The one I was in before transferred to The Red Eclipse. Or find people do to FPs? Just imagine the queue time to do WZs (Oh god).

This wouldn't be a problem if the 90 cc transfer price was still active. However, it's not. And I feel like EAware is shooting themselves in the foot big time, if they think they can bully people into paying 1k cc for each transfer. People will either just start over fresh on another server (For free), or just say "F*** it, I won't stand for this!" and then just leave the game, as fast as they started it.

I would have left, but the Dark vs Light event actually gave me a reason to replay the game from scratch. As I see it, EA won't lower the prices anyway, and I really want to enjoy this game. I'm really split about the DvL event (If you can even call it an event), but I'm really trying to be optimistic here and not just moan. So what I've done is abandon my 5 years of progression on ToFN and started completely fresh on TRE. More value for what I've already payed for, I guess you can call it. But it still sucks, and I really want to get my chars and old legacy with me to TRE, but I refuse to pay those absurd prices, and just as a principle, I refuse to support a company that won't make server merges, because it think it can squeeze more money out of it's loyal costumers with ridiculous transfer prices, artificially keeping the servers separated. It's disgusting! Dick move, EA. Dick move. But then again, you can't really make me think less than of you, than I already do.

So to sum up the EU situation of English-speaking servers:

The Progenitor: Dead
ToFN : Dead
TRE: Alive

That's it. There are only those 3, and 2 of them are literally dead. What's the point of them? Anyone who is on Prog or ToFN and is coming back to the game is gonna be really disappointed or angry. Those two servers are just adding frustration. Think of the new players who are completely clueless and start playing on those servers by coincidence.
This is just a spit in the face to the supporters of this game. What company treat it's fans and costumers like this? Seriously? I have played video games my entire life and I have never ever seen anything like this. Unbelievable.

If I had to transfer my entire legacy of 16 chars, we're looking at something like 116€ minimum (3x 5,5k cc). This is even though I did the exact same action, for just about 15€ about 9 months ago. What is the justification of that price difference? It's the same service. This isn't because I don't want to spend money on the game. I've spend at least 300€ the last year on subs and cc, but having to pay over 115€ just to being able continue to play my original chars is just a rip off. It's robbery.
And worst of all: Even if I do.... Even if I do, what guaranty do I have, that TRE won't be dead in a year? I have none. Zip. It's a huge gamble, and if this is how it turns out every time I gamble, I'm not sure I want to gamble anymore.
Razid - Founder: Progenitor (Dead) -> ToFN (Dead) -> TRE (Dead Soon™?)

blackphantome's Avatar


blackphantome
07.18.2016 , 04:28 AM | #1317
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandreid View Post
It sure is awesome to come back to the game after 7 months break, just a few weeks after this one-time exception has expired, discovering that you're stuck on a completely dead server, that was extremely populated not half a year ago.

I'm really shocked over this, actually. I moved from The Progenitor to Tomb of Freedon Nadd (ToFN) 9 months ago, with my entire legacy (All my 16 max level characters) when the 90 cc sale was going on for quite a while back then. The Progenitor was completely dead when I came back to the game. So I moved, naturally - It was really cheap compared to other MMOs.
Now, I come back again, only to discover the exact same situation. Only this isn't October 2015, and it isn't Progenitor. It's July 2016, and it's ToFN.
I'm stuck on another server, but with the same problem: It's completely dead. With about 20 people online on the Fleet at peak hours, I feel like I'm running around on a ghost ship, or playing a single player game (Too bad it isn't Kotor 3, huh?). How am I suppose to find an active guild here now? The one I was in before transferred to The Red Eclipse. Or find people do to FPs? Just imagine the queue time to do WZs (Oh god).

This wouldn't be a problem if the 90 cc transfer price was still active. However, it's not. And I feel like EAware is shooting themselves in the foot big time, if they think they can bully people into paying 1k cc for each transfer. People will either just start over fresh on another server (For free), or just say "F*** it, I won't stand for this!" and then just leave the game, as fast as they started it.

I would have left, but the Dark vs Light event actually gave me a reason to replay the game from scratch. As I see it, EA won't lower the prices anyway, and I really want to enjoy this game. I'm really split about the DvL event (If you can even call it an event), but I'm really trying to be optimistic here and not just moan. So what I've done is abandon my 5 years of progression on ToFN and started completely fresh on TRE. More value for what I've already payed for, I guess you can call it. But it still sucks, and I really want to get my chars and old legacy with me to TRE, but I refuse to pay those absurd prices, and just as a principle, I refuse to support a company that won't make server merges, because it think it can squeeze more money out of it's loyal costumers with ridiculous transfer prices, artificially keeping the servers separated. It's disgusting! Dick move, EA. Dick move. But then again, you can't really make me think less than of you, than I already do.

So to sum up the EU situation of English-speaking servers:

The Progenitor: Dead
ToFN : Dead
TRE: Alive

That's it. There are only those 3, and 2 of them are literally dead. What's the point of them? Anyone who is on Prog or ToFN and is coming back to the game is gonna be really disappointed or angry. Those two servers are just adding frustration. Think of the new players who are completely clueless and start playing on those servers by coincidence.
This is just a spit in the face to the supporters of this game. What company treat it's fans and costumers like this? Seriously? I have played video games my entire life and I have never ever seen anything like this. Unbelievable.

If I had to transfer my entire legacy of 16 chars, we're looking at something like 116€ minimum (3x 5,5k cc). This is even though I did the exact same action, for just about 15€ about 9 months ago. What is the justification of that price difference? It's the same service. This isn't because I don't want to spend money on the game. I've spend at least 300€ the last year on subs and cc, but having to pay over 115€ just to being able continue to play my original chars is just a rip off. It's robbery.
And worst of all: Even if I do.... Even if I do, what guaranty do I have, that TRE won't be dead in a year? I have none. Zip. It's a huge gamble, and if this is how it turns out every time I gamble, I'm not sure I want to gamble anymore.
I can really understand you. My guild and I transfered during the one week of 90 CC because without the sale I would have to spend 24000 CC for it. In Germany, that would cost 175€ - just to be able to play on a server that is alive!
I did not steal your droid.

Wintersportverein Tatooine

zunavailable's Avatar


zunavailable
07.30.2016 , 04:49 AM | #1318
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandreid View Post
It sure is awesome to come back to the game after 7 months break, just a few weeks after this one-time exception has expired, discovering that you're stuck on a completely dead server, that was extremely populated not half a year ago.

I'm really shocked over this, actually. I moved from The Progenitor to Tomb of Freedon Nadd (ToFN) 9 months ago, with my entire legacy (All my 16 max level characters) when the 90 cc sale was going on for quite a while back then. The Progenitor was completely dead when I came back to the game. So I moved, naturally - It was really cheap compared to other MMOs.
Now, I come back again, only to discover the exact same situation. Only this isn't October 2015, and it isn't Progenitor. It's July 2016, and it's ToFN.
I'm stuck on another server, but with the same problem: It's completely dead. With about 20 people online on the Fleet at peak hours, I feel like I'm running around on a ghost ship, or playing a single player game (Too bad it isn't Kotor 3, huh?). How am I suppose to find an active guild here now? The one I was in before transferred to The Red Eclipse. Or find people do to FPs? Just imagine the queue time to do WZs (Oh god).

This wouldn't be a problem if the 90 cc transfer price was still active. However, it's not. And I feel like EAware is shooting themselves in the foot big time, if they think they can bully people into paying 1k cc for each transfer. People will either just start over fresh on another server (For free), or just say "F*** it, I won't stand for this!" and then just leave the game, as fast as they started it.

I would have left, but the Dark vs Light event actually gave me a reason to replay the game from scratch. As I see it, EA won't lower the prices anyway, and I really want to enjoy this game. I'm really split about the DvL event (If you can even call it an event), but I'm really trying to be optimistic here and not just moan. So what I've done is abandon my 5 years of progression on ToFN and started completely fresh on TRE. More value for what I've already payed for, I guess you can call it. But it still sucks, and I really want to get my chars and old legacy with me to TRE, but I refuse to pay those absurd prices, and just as a principle, I refuse to support a company that won't make server merges, because it think it can squeeze more money out of it's loyal costumers with ridiculous transfer prices, artificially keeping the servers separated. It's disgusting! Dick move, EA. Dick move. But then again, you can't really make me think less than of you, than I already do.

So to sum up the EU situation of English-speaking servers:

The Progenitor: Dead
ToFN : Dead
TRE: Alive

That's it. There are only those 3, and 2 of them are literally dead. What's the point of them? Anyone who is on Prog or ToFN and is coming back to the game is gonna be really disappointed or angry. Those two servers are just adding frustration. Think of the new players who are completely clueless and start playing on those servers by coincidence.
This is just a spit in the face to the supporters of this game. What company treat it's fans and costumers like this? Seriously? I have played video games my entire life and I have never ever seen anything like this. Unbelievable.

If I had to transfer my entire legacy of 16 chars, we're looking at something like 116€ minimum (3x 5,5k cc). This is even though I did the exact same action, for just about 15€ about 9 months ago. What is the justification of that price difference? It's the same service. This isn't because I don't want to spend money on the game. I've spend at least 300€ the last year on subs and cc, but having to pay over 115€ just to being able continue to play my original chars is just a rip off. It's robbery.
And worst of all: Even if I do.... Even if I do, what guaranty do I have, that TRE won't be dead in a year? I have none. Zip. It's a huge gamble, and if this is how it turns out every time I gamble, I'm not sure I want to gamble anymore.
The same situation here,
BW for emperor's sake
make a merge of 90cc tranfer available again...

CrazyCT's Avatar


CrazyCT
07.30.2016 , 05:03 AM | #1319
{Yup, we should totally change the game to suit someone who didn't want to support it for the last seven months. I know a lot of people hit on the "exploit" that they wouldn't have to pay a monthly subscription to get all the chapters of KotFE by only subscribing for the last month and still receiving all the chapters, and we should further encourage this by bowing down and pandering to them and giving them discounts on products so they can abuse the game further.}
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

DarkSaberMaster's Avatar


DarkSaberMaster
07.30.2016 , 07:58 AM | #1320
I don't need a transfer cause I have always been on Harb. But do support those that need it.

HELP THEM MOVE!!!
Referral link to claim your new or returning player rewards.
Ezs'ra: Sith Mara
Harbinger