Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Petition: Server Transfers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ThomasStarWars's Avatar


ThomasStarWars
05.06.2016 , 10:27 AM | #261
Bioware: Waves hand You need not pander to these individuals. Waves hand This is not the thread you are looking for.... go about your business..... Move along......

peter_plankskull's Avatar


peter_plankskull
05.06.2016 , 10:27 AM | #262
I think this thread serves as all the more reason to have server merges as a lot of these problems can be solved and avoided rather than cheesing it all with server transfers. Why should the players have to move off a dead server... why cant Bioware merge them?

Thanatus's Avatar


Thanatus
05.06.2016 , 10:28 AM | #263
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
What is the cost exactly? And what's wrong with giving players stranded a free transfer exactly?

Wait, are you seriously comparing casually playing a video game to an illegal activity?! What the hell lol...it's NOTHING like that. NOTHING at all.
Yes, all these two guys have done in this thread is posting their obnoxious I told you so, it is your fault etc and reducing arguments ad absurdum using idiotic analogies
<Tomb of Freedon Nadd> - Imperial Legends

peter_plankskull's Avatar


peter_plankskull
05.06.2016 , 10:29 AM | #264
Quote: Originally Posted by ThomasStarWars View Post
Bioware: Waves hand You need not pander to these individuals. Waves hand This is not the thread you are looking for.... go about your business..... Move along......
Nice try Bioware employee, first making a thread praising them and then telling them to ignore any negative criticism and outcries of that outcome in hopes of attempt that only you're heard because it affects you positively.

ThomasStarWars's Avatar


ThomasStarWars
05.06.2016 , 10:32 AM | #265
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
Nice try Bioware employee, first making a thread praising them and then telling them to ignore any negative criticism and outcries of that outcome in hopes of attempt that only you're heard because it affects you positively.
I am fully faithful to Bioware and I love them to death. I agree with everything they do because it is right.

casirabit's Avatar


casirabit
05.06.2016 , 10:32 AM | #266
Quote: Originally Posted by peter_plankskull View Post
I think this thread serves as all the more reason to have server merges as a lot of these problems can be solved and avoided rather than cheesing it all with server transfers. Why should the players have to move off a dead server... why cant Bioware merge them?
Where you here at the last merger?

If not let me refresh why Bioware has a problem in mergers:

Old Problems:
(1) Guilds- They are not transferred in tact. You have to disband the guild and restart
(2) Guild Banks- They are not transferred. You have to empty the banks and then fight with Bioware for six (6) months to get the token to unlock a new one.

New Problems:

(3) Guild Strongholds-Oh Lord, if they can't transfer guild banks I don't want to see the mess the will make of guild strongholds
(4) Guild Flagships- See above.

Personal
(1) Legacy Banks- They can be messed up when the transferred and dealing with bw on that good luck.
(2) Personal Strongholds- See above (Some people have 5)
(3) Decorations- Though they should transfer they can be messed up as well and dealing with bw on that .
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

CrazyCT's Avatar


CrazyCT
05.06.2016 , 10:33 AM | #267
Quote: Originally Posted by Thanatus View Post
Yes, all these two guys have done in this thread is posting their obnoxious I told you so, it is your fault etc and reducing arguments ad absurdum using idiotic analogies
On TUX's point - if they get a free server transfer, I demand a refund of every CC I've spent on transfers. Why should I have had to pay for a transfer all those times if they are just going to give free transfers to everyone who cries on the forums? What does it cost Bioware to give me several thousand CC's?

And some people like my idiotic analogies. At least I was adding to conversation, not just posting to try to assassinate someones character because I don't like their point of view
"An argument must have opposition if it is to prove itself."
Queen of the White Knights <==== Click to pay tribute to your Queen
Once managed to use "Obfuscate" in a sentence. Allegedly sounds like.....Robbie Williams?

xkcurtisx's Avatar


xkcurtisx
05.06.2016 , 10:36 AM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
HEY!!! Bad analogies is MY thing
NO! as i said they are amazing!

peter_plankskull's Avatar


peter_plankskull
05.06.2016 , 10:36 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Where you here at the last merger?

If not let me refresh why Bioware has a problem in mergers:

Old Problems:
(1) Guilds- They are not transferred in tact. You have to disband the guild and restart
(2) Guild Banks- They are not transferred. You have to empty the banks and then fight with Bioware for six (6) months to get the token to unlock a new one.

New Problems:

(3) Guild Strongholds-Oh Lord, if they can't transfer guild banks I don't want to see the mess the will make of guild strongholds
(4) Guild Flagships- See above.

Personal
(1) Legacy Banks- They can be messed up when the transferred and dealing with bw on that good luck.
(2) Personal Strongholds- See above (Some people have 5)
(3) Decorations- Though they should transfer they can be messed up as well and dealing with bw on that .
I was here for the last merge and I was f2p at the time and only had toons on one server, so it didn't affect me, but I feel bad for the others it did.

While yes, ALL of these are problems with server merges, they are ALL problems when you transfer servers. Basically their making customers PAY for extra service when they should be doing it themselves, merging these serves and finding a workaround to these problems.

ThomasStarWars's Avatar


ThomasStarWars
05.06.2016 , 10:36 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCT View Post
On TUX's point - if they get a free server transfer, I demand a refund of every CC I've spent on transfers. Why should I have had to pay for a transfer all those times if they are just going to give free transfers to everyone who cries on the forums? What does it cost Bioware to give me several thousand CC's?

And some people like my idiotic analogies. At least I was adding to conversation, not just posting to try to assassinate someones character because I don't like their point of view
THANK YOU! I spent money on my transfers since the 90 ccs ended last week. It is unfair for ME as a customer to see people get a free pass, a free pass they had for ten months or so while I payed.