Fleet Penthouse Stronghold Feedback

Screaming_Ziva

Don't see a specific thread for this so figured I'd create one.

No hooks:

With hooks:

I was able to open both strongholds today and they are nice. Plenty of different sized hooks and decently sized rooms.

Some feedback though:

• Stronghold chat is currently "Space". Please change this to fleet chat. I know there are mixed feelings on this but isn't one of the implied benefits of a fleet stronghold that we can see fleet chat? If people don't want to see it, they can just hide chat.

• Including the entry way, there are four decently sized rooms with a variety of hook sizes and there are no available expansions. Many people have been hoping for a place to park a starship in this stronghold. How about giving us one expansion that can be hangar with a huge force field out to space that we can park a star ship in.

• In the long hallway leading to the back room of the Vaiken Station penthouse, there are two arches that are not in the Carrick Station penthouse. Please remove these. They really make the hallway look very tight and very small.

• This may be a personal request but I like my stronghold landing points to be "in" the stronghold. Not in a short hallway to get into the stronghold. Can the landing point be moved forward a bit so we land in the first big room instead of that short hallway?

• The entire Vaiken stronghold seems to be a little dark even when all the light hooks are used. Can it be lightened a bit? The Kass City apartment isn't this dark.

• Found a couple missing hooks in the Republic stronghold: https://i.imgur.com/gypBtZ7.jpg

• The side rooms in the Imperial stronghold have 5 or 6 ceiling hooks in each. In the Republic stronghold, those same rooms only have 3 ceiling hooks each.

• This hook in the Republic stronghold is unclickable: https://i.imgur.com/szWJ4ak.jpg

• All of the wall hook layouts are large only. Please add all the normal layouts to the wall hooks.

• The window overlooking space has a green tint to it, please remove it so the window is like the guild ship windows

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran the PTS, but I didn't see anyway to get to any new 'apartments' (but they may have added it in the last few days). How, where, did you activate the apartments?

Edit - the next thread says they are available from a vendor?

Edit #2 - ignore all this. Problem solved. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

You have to get up to level 4 in Seasons by doing the pinned missions under conquests. Once you are level 4, you can claim tokens (currently unlimited but I'm sure that's a bug) and you can then buy the unlock at the vendor on fleet. Edited by Screaming_Ziva

No Hangar? What even is this.

Fleet SH without any means to..travel to and from the said fleet? Def in dire need of more thought!

Please add an actual hangar. Interfleet transport area in actual fleet is awesome. Good place to look for inspiration. Also, Please, FINALLY add actual Imperial Starfighter or two as a deco.

Edited by Stradlin

No Hangar?

Fleet SH without any means to..travel to and from the said fleet? Def in dire need of more thought!.

Well, technically speaking, there's already a starship hanger(s) on the Fleet. So, basically you land your starship in the Fleet's hanger bay and then walk to your apartment. 😃

I remember the old days when you had to use the hangers to get to your ship to travel anywhere. :)

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks for sharing the video. Pleasantly surprised that the stronghold overlooks both the VIP lounge and outer space, that's a nice touch. Better than being either/or. Do agree about how dark it is. There are some seriously bright deco lights available, but no surprise they're few and far between on the GTN and very expensive.

I know you can't give us a look at what's happening live inside the fleet but can you at least add some characters walking around? Looks like the fleet was abandoned. Just add some chars and droids wandering about to make it look a bit more lively.

Must have Fleet chat.

Wall hooks can't all be large. Have to be able to change them to Mediums and Medius with Small hooks.

Really was hoping for a starship hanger. I know there is one down on the fleet but that's for visitors to the station. I want my personal docking bay. And don't go cinchy on the hooks. 1 big starship hook wont cut it. need smaller ones all around it.

Hopefully it ain't to late to add one more or two more small bedroom size rooms. The main room and 3 side rooms are rather large, which is great, but there should be at least a bedroom size off to the side somewhere.

Might I also ask, though its not related to this stronghold, but can you please add a Umbara Stronghold Terminal on the fleet? I've been begging for this for years. I have this great train stronghold and only a handful of people can ever see it cause it's too expensive for people to just get in that room on Odessan to access the terminal. Not to mention, I'm sure a ton of people don't even know this stronghold exists. Please?

Edited by Banthabreeder

Really was hoping for a starship hanger. I know there is one down on the fleet but that's for visitors to the station. I want my personal docking bay. And don't go cinchy on the hooks. 1 big starship hook wont cut it. need smaller ones all around it.

Yes please. It is prolly too late to make these requests though.

I'd prefer option to a hook layout allowing squadrons worth of starfighters instead of some larger ship.

....There is a tragedy to be had here tho: Imp side has no starfighters to put in those smaller hooks! "Alliance Fighter" doubles as a Rep side starfighter just fine. Imp side are sith out of luck in this regard tho. It is so strange, some of the imp scouts are already models in game, look great and all. Yet, they aren't avail. as deco.

Imp side Guildship hangar hooks can't be edited in way that'd let you put Starfighters at the central position. So Harrower has neither imperial starfighter deco to place nor hooks for the starfighters that don't exsist.

In addiition, some super cool view to actual fleet/space would be much nicer as prominent eyecandy than the view to a freakin cantina. "Fleet"=dozens of capital ships hosting around the spacedock, not the cantina! Would be nice to get to see the actual fleet more prominently. SH in general has way too few windows to anywhere really. many rooms feel like broom closets.

- - -

"Hey guys! My name is Dev Mcdevvidson and I'm working on a fleet SH. What sort of stuff would you like to see there? I can't promise to fill any of the requests made due to variety of reasons, but I'd be curious to hear your ideas none the less. I won't be replying to this thread any further but will def be reading it closely. Ty all!" < - - I wish they did something like this bit more often when it comes to cosmetic stuff. When it comes to game mechanics, class balance and so on, I think askign community a single dang thing is like a three edged blade or something. But easypeasy stuff (to dream up as a concept) like cosmetics? Yeha, I wish that were a thing more often. Ppl proilly have some great and doable ideas.

Edited by Stradlin

I know you can't give us a look at what's happening live inside the fleet but can you at least add some characters walking around? Looks like the fleet was abandoned. Just add some chars and droids wandering about to make it look a bit more lively.

Keep in mind that these videos were made on the PTS. The Fleet looks abandoned simply because there's only a few people on the PTS.

Edit - confirmed from a couple of sources - you can not see the 'actual' real time Fleet from the apartment windows.

Edited by JediQuaker

I noticed that the hooks and size between the Imperial and Republic Strongholds seemed different. The biggest case in which I saw this was in the side room where you see the station spire out of the window of your apartment. In the Imperial stronghold, there are small and medium squares right as you enter the room. In the Republic version, the smalls and medium squares are not there nor does it seem like there is enough room for all of them to be placed there (thus it seeming smaller)

I think they should be exactly the same in regards to hook placement and size.

FEEDBACK

1. I like them in general!

2. Elevator needs clicky button still.

3. Can all hallways have light/ceiling hooks? The little hallways to the rooms do not have. Great job on light hooks in octagon room.

4. While testing to see if we could "break in" to the Imperial Fleet with a Republic character, I disabled my Imperial stronghold. There does not seem to be a way to re-enable it that I can find (no terminal). I tried to buy another Vaiken Space Dock Penthouse deed, but got STRONGHOLD GRANT FAILED: ALREADY UNLOCKED. Soooooooo no Imperial Stronghold on the PTS for me I guess.

Also +1 to having "Fleet chat", if you manage to get enough tokens to get this stronghold, you should also know how to turn chat on and off if you don't want to see it LOL.

I like forming up groups from my stronghold and putting the call outs while fiddling with my bank.

-----

Is it possible to make it so you can choose the room you load in at. I love the VIP-overlook room. Would like to load in there instead.

Keep in mind that these videos were made on the PTS. The Fleet looks abandoned simply because there's only a few people on the PTS.

You're not looking out into the actual fleet so you won't be seeing your friends running around there. Hopefully though they can make it a little busier.

I still can't figure out how to get the tokens to buy the Apartment.

After some fiddling around, I've gotten my character up to 6/800.

I still can't figure out if that means I "could" claim the first 6 rewards. But in any case, when I click on "Unlock" it pops up a request for CC, which, of course, I don't have and can't purchase.

So, anyone who has managed to get an apartment - how did you do it?

Edit - solved.

Edited by JediQuaker

You can buy it from Ki’at Thavo <Galactic Seasons Vendor> in the Supplies section of the fleet. The apartment requires 7 tokens. There are only 12 tokens for subscribers in the entire season. If I'm reading this right, one needs to reach level 62 to get the 7 toekns needed.

Not sure how people have managed that already. Though, I'm not surprised; some people got to 999 renown level before I got to 10.

I still can't figure out how to get the tokens to buy the Apartment.

After some fiddling around, I've gotten my character up to 6/800.

I still can't figure out if that means I "could" claim the first 6 rewards.

You got 6 points out of a max 800 points for the season; you can get more than 800 points in the season but you only need 800 to complete all 100 levels. It is 8 points per level. You're 3/4ths of the way to completing level 1. You need to complete 62 levels to get the 7 tokens needed to buy the apartment, unless I'm mistaken.

Edited by mike_carton

You can buy it from Ki’at Thavo <Galactic Seasons Vendor> in the Supplies section of the fleet. The apartment requires 7 tokens. There are only 12 tokens for subscribers in the entire season. If I'm reading this right, one needs to reach level 62 to get the 7 toekns needed.

Not sure how people have managed that already. Though, I'm not surprised; some people got to 999 renown level before I got to 10.

You got 6 points out of a max 800 points for the season; you can get more than 800 points in the season but you only need 800 to complete all 100 levels. It is 8 points per level. You're 3/4ths of the way to completing level 1. You need to complete 62 levels to get the 7 tokens needed to buy the apartment, unless I'm mistaken.

It's bugged (or purposely set that way on the PTS for testing). Once you reach level four, you can claim your token. However, you can claim it as many times as you like (up to 15 as that is the arbitrary and silly limit). However, once you spend some, you can claim more to get back up to 15.

I'm currently working on sorting out some DL issues ... but once we get that done I'd be curious to see how this new system actually functions to acquire the points .. etc in order to participate in acquiring new items like this new SH.

Off hand .. it looks like there will be some serious grinding to get this one !!

I'll know more as soon as I see what it takes to complete 10 levels (for example).

Very interesting.

BTW.. kudos to OP for post !! Nicely done !

Edited by OlBuzzard

Well there is a bug on PTS right now so you can get unlimited tokens from the first level that gives tokens, so you just need to be level 4 to get everything from the vendor on PTS, but when it goes live level 62 would be the earliest level that you could get it (unless they add additional tokens to the tracks).

Edit: Doh didn't see there was another page. XD

Edited by Ranadiel_Marius

I'm currently working on sorting out some DL issues ... but once we get that done I'd be curious to see how this new system actually functions to acquire the points .. etc in order to participate in acquiring new items like this new SH.

Off hand .. it looks like there will be some serious grinding to get this one !!

I'll know more as soon as I see what it takes to complete 10 levels (for example).

Very interesting.

BTW.. kudos to OP for post !! Nicely done !

you can now use credits (ingame credits) to purchase a level and for me the apartments only cost 1 token per apartment but I was able to purchase both apartments.

you can now use credits (ingame credits) to purchase a level and for me the apartments only cost 1 token per apartment but I was able to purchase both apartments.

Understood !! I appreciate the info. But, by that same token I'd kind of like to know what it takes to "earn" said apartment through the use of the "other tokens". If that method has bug issues or we run across any thing else that might be good to know !

(wasn't meant as a rant. My apologies if it sounded as though it were).