Best race for Sith Inquisitor?

YVictorII

Hey. So I have a few Sith Inquisitors and all of them are aliens. I've recently started to wonder which race would fit the class the most. It always made sense to me that a low-ranking alien slave would be the best choice as it adds more flavor to the antagonism some characters show towards the Inquisitor throughout the class story and beyond. However, I also know that humans are the ones who get the most attention customization-wise so I'm a bit torn.

What do you think is the best race of an Inquisitor?

Honestly, I really think the SI benefits from having almost any race work really well with them. Even as a Sith Pureblood, the opening crawl of the class is modified and says that you are from a disgraced, fallen house that was thrown into slavery. And it can explain the disdain of the other characters towards someone who has fallen so far from grace. And every alien species is very well motivated because the Empire makes slaves out of them. While your average Human or Cyborg can also be someone thrown into chains from a former Republic-affiliated world.

However, from what I've heard, the SI has some special dialogue for Twi'leks, so maybe that's the developers trying to say that they fit best. I think either a Twi'lek or a Sith Pureblood are my favorite options. The first one because they are the go-to slave race, and thinking about someone like that rising so far is a nice journey. The second one I like because I love seeing a Sith Pureblood be this mystical force user that can bend others to their will, it just looks cool.

However, from what I've heard, the SI has some special dialogue for Twi'leks, so maybe that's the developers trying to say that they fit best.

There is, indeed, some special dialogue for Twi'leks. Not a *lot*, but some. And not just a different line, but ones where the NPC you're talking to calls out the fact that you're a Twi'lek.

I think either a Twi'lek or a Sith Pureblood are my favorite options. The first one because they are the go-to slave race, and thinking about someone like that rising so far is a nice journey. The second one I like because I love seeing a Sith Pureblood be this mystical force user that can bend others to their will, it just looks cool.

On the more general subject of which species is "best", well, I'll stick to my normal answer for this sort of question.

"The one you like best."

That said, Chiss isn't a good match for reasons that (using in-game lore) are made clear in one of the post-KotET episodes. I won't say more about where/when, to avoid spoilering, but the lore point is that Chiss in the Ascendancy (it might not be *all* Chiss) regard Force users (among their own kind) as an abomination - such children would typically quickly become victims of infanticide or related crimes. On the other hand, maybe your Chiss Inquisitor was "merely" sold into slavery instead of murdered.

There is, indeed, some special dialogue for Twi'leks. Not a *lot*, but some. And not just a different line, but ones where the NPC you're talking to calls out the fact that you're a Twi'lek.

On the more general subject of which species is "best", well, I'll stick to my normal answer for this sort of question.

"The one you like best."

That said, Chiss isn't a good match for reasons that (using in-game lore) are made clear in one of the post-KotET episodes. I won't say more about where/when, to avoid spoilering, but the lore point is that Chiss in the Ascendancy (it might not be *all* Chiss) regard Force users (among their own kind) as an abomination - such children would typically quickly become victims of infanticide or related crimes. On the other hand, maybe your Chiss Inquisitor was "merely" sold into slavery instead of murdered.

Yes, but if I recall, when a Chiss, lots of the dialogue is "I don't know much of the Ascendancy" or some such.

Which is the go to dialogue for everything really. "I'm an experienced smuggler. I know nothing of these planets!" "I get up a Jedi, and I know nothing of the Jedi." etc etc

As for the OP...Human has the slave mark and Twi-Lek's are the slave race.

Pure Bloods were only added in after the fact, if I recall correctly, because people were upset with the idea of not being able to be a Pure Blood and an Inquisitor.

The one thing that's weird about using a pureblood Sith is when the writers wanted to show the depth of racisim among the Sith by having

Lord Zash refer to the acolyte Ffon as "the red one" when the red ones would have been the most prominent among the Sith next to Humans and whose forebears gave the Sith its name, so that just doesn't fit when your character is a red one and she's saying "the red one."

As for the OP...Human has the slave mark

That's why I like Human Inq's. My Human Sith Inqs have the slave brand so (in my head canon) they are reminding the rest of the Sith of his origins and now, he is part of the ruling elite. It is a check on their racial and class hubris.

Favourite species/gender for the Sith Inquisitor will always be a Female Chiss I enjoyed the entire story and gameplay it just had a feeling as the best voice actor race and all the trimmings for an incredible character.

Well Sith pureblood doesn't make logical sense with some of the lines, so I think other than that you're good to go.

Some lines are changed for Sith pureblood. Kallig being Sith or Human and his house falling out of grace so deeply, that 2000 years later his descendants are mere slaves, makes as much sense (if not more so) as an alien being a powerful Sith lord hundreds of years before the Great Hyperspace War.

While the Sith empire is inherently racist, slavery in the Sith empire is not. It works like in antiquity, where a bad debtor was just as likely to become a slave as a prisoner of war was. The main premise of imperial philosophy is that everyone is in chains one way or the other, and the highest goal is to break them. In reverse, those who can't break their chains deserve them.

Edited by Mubrak

I think all races work well if you have a good background story for them. For most customization and flavour I'd recommend Zabrak as they get both the slave mark option and their race is getting mentioned specifically.

Steve said it best whe he says, play the one you like. But if you're an altaholic like me, try them all. No matter what class I play though, I always have a Pureblood, solely because I like their class ability...Sometimes it's nice just to smack the companion when they are annoying you ;)

Hey. So I have a few Sith Inquisitors and all of them are aliens. I've recently started to wonder which race would fit the class the most. It always made sense to me that a low-ranking alien slave would be the best choice as it adds more flavor to the antagonism some characters show towards the Inquisitor throughout the class story and beyond. However, I also know that humans are the ones who get the most attention customization-wise so I'm a bit torn.

What do you think is the best race of an Inquisitor?

I love playing female Rattataki Sith sorcs, mainly because That Damn Sith Overseer known as Harkun *hates* us right from the start, and us getting our last laugh on Zash is even funniier knowing she wanted to transfer herself from her decrepit old human body to a young alien body.

I really enjoy threads like these, as I learn so much about lore and history. With that being said, my inquisitors are humans (3); sith pureblood (1); and rattataki (1 - the craziest assassin of the bunch). I may have an alt problem... Don't even get me started on the number of sages I have! :p

I actually have more than a few sorcerers and an assassin from different racers- 2 Rattataki, a Twi'lek, a Cathar, and a Miraluka. Right now I would like to make Morrigan-like (from DAO and DAI) character, as well as a Devaronian (give us this race already) devil sorcerer or a white heard, half-dragon witch.