KotFE - amazing start

Macetheace

Just started it gain, for the first time since the patch was released.

Amazing concept, amazing direction, great cinematic, it pushed all the right buttons.

This would have made a great trilogy or great single player game successor to Knights of the Old Republic.

But it wasn't wrong to progress SWTOR with this either. I wonder if we will ever get a similar type of inonvative story.

The concept and premise of KofTE in my opinion is better than the movies Sequel trilogy.. KK and Lucas Arts should have done something like this instead.

I agree it is well done. It is an epic story. They went all in with acting and dialogue. I've heard when they produced Part 2, Knights of the Eternal Throne, they had a budget cut which is why there aren't as many chapters, but I still find it an overall great story game.

You will hear criticisms of it. Some people don't like the story for whatever reason, but the main criticism is that is the only story. Unlike the Class stories no matter what Class Character you play, it will only be that story even upon playing again with a different character of different class. There are changes in dialogues here and there, and you get a reunion scene with your Class Companion if he or she is in the story, but many players at the time of release were ticked off it's only that story.

The game was leading up to it. Ilum and Makeb only had two stories depending on Faction, the Ilum follow up Flashpoints were the same for everyone. Shadow of Revan everyone had the same story, just in a different perspective based on Faction. From Fallen Empire onward it's the same story for everyone which many players don't like.

This doesn't take away from the Story itself being epic and entertaining, but presuming you have at least 8 characters, one from each class, it's up to you to decide if you want to play the same Story Game eight times for each Class. I did it.

It only makes sense and is clearly written for Jedi and Sith even then still problems. Even then the Jedi Knight should be able to shrug off Valkorian and Sith Inquistor should control him not the other way around

. And Imperial Agent is supposed to be immune to mind control. They dont even follow their own plots.

This single story is the result of the publisher controlling content not the original developers. There was supposed to more class missions. And there are hints all over of things that should have happened that didn't.. And BTW your companions don't promise to never leave you just so you can leave them.

Edited by RameiArashi

It started off strong and had some really good elements... really drug out in some places and lost a lot of value in giving every single class the exact same story. They could have given some diversity in a lot of the filler. And Iokath is just... just terrible. I really wish Ziost was a full planet instead of a mini daily zone. Valkorian is definitely a highlight and his voice actor is absolutely superb. All things considered, I'm neither surprised nor disappointed by what came after SoR.

I loved KoTFE and KoTET BUT I'm not sure it was a really good choice for a MMO...

Agreed.

It would have been an excellent stand alone console game with graphics like battlefront II and a good combat engine. All of the characters in it could probably have been more popular than galen marek and even revan potentially.

Zakuul should have gotten more time/opportunities for exploration and lore building. The planet and it's civilization are very interesting. The Knights of Zakuul, The Scions, The Heralds of Zildrog.. All were awesome and had great potential as well.

I do get the sense of that big time, it would have made an excellent trilogy of games and/or movies.

This is the sort of successor to the original series that I could have really liked. It would have worked well with a mid 40s Luke Skywalker or a totally new set of characters a few centuries down the line.

it seemed so rich and it looked super sci-fi, i don't think I've been as amazed with a high tech world since I saw Coruscant for the first time in Episode 2 like I was with Zakkuul.

Wild space region it is could have spawned several different worlds of the Zakkuul empire that we could have visited.. it feels like it really should have or coudl have gone further. The MMO was probably one of the less ideal places such a vision could flourish, or maybe I should rephrase.. such a vision coudl flourish with minimal investment model.

For the MMO to have carried this , it was good enough to relaunch SWTOR. Can you imagine if after the 9 chapters, you then start the class stories that go through the worlds proper in the style we were use to. Woudl have worked well.

Edited by Macetheace

If each Class had its own Story in this, how do you think it would have/could have/should have been?

Jedi Knight - Story as is minus a few chapters.

Jedi Consular - Travel to Republic and Empire worlds to convince them to join the Alliance to liberate the galaxy and themselves. Redeem Arcann to fight against Vaylin or vice versa.

Smuggler - Does the jobs the Alliance can't do. Smuggler would definitely be the one to do the Guilded Star heist.

Trooper - General of the armies, attacking key Zakuul installations. Trooper would lead the mission Aric and Kaliyo screw up and succeed.

Sith Warrior - Emperor's Wrath, framed by Arcann for killing Valkorian, clear your name and exact revenge on Zakuul, work your way up the ranks of the Order of Zildrog to eventually claim the Eternal Throne yourself, though you'll need to fight off Valkorian.

Sith Sorcerer - As one of the few surviving members of the Dark Council, rebuild your powerbase to make the Empire strong enough to defeat Zakuul. You may need some Republic help, but you worked with them before against Revan.

Bounty Hunter - Kill off important members of Zakuul hierarchy. You'll eventually face Arcann and later Vaylin.

Agent - Go undercover as a member of Zakuul High Society. Seed thoughts of Rebellion within the population of Zakuul. Undermine Arcann from within.

It only makes sense and is clearly written for Jedi and Sith even then still problems. Even then the Jedi Knight should be able to shrug off Valkorian and Sith Inquistor should control him not the other way around

. And Imperial Agent is supposed to be immune to mind control. They dont even follow their own plots.

This single story is the result of the publisher controlling content not the original developers. There was supposed to more class missions. And there are hints all over of things that should have happened that didn't.. And BTW your companions don't promise to never leave you just so you can leave them.

Just becuse YOU did not care for it, does not mean others player have to share your opinion on it. I liked it, much more than the return to the same old Imp VS Republic we have gotten back to. Which you cleary enjoy more. We are all differant, we all like differant aspects/storylines of the game. The OP likes it (or at leasat so far) let him enjoy it, without you spilling all your normal negatativaty over it.

I still don't see how it's written for a Jedi or a Sith.

People had no problem with their BH killing Jedi in their class story (or Malgus on Ilum) but suddenly because they hate KotFE it's unrealistic for them to kill a Sith... WITH HELP.

Also, the class missions ended up much before KotFE... just saying.

Edited by Pricia

Just becuse YOU did not care for it, does not mean others player have to share your opinion on it. I liked it, much more than the return to the same old Imp VS Republic we have gotten back to. Which you cleary enjoy more. We are all differant, we all like differant aspects/storylines of the game. The OP likes it (or at leasat so far) let him enjoy it, without you spilling all your normal negatativaty over it.

For the record, I didn't like KOTFEET either (100% garbage). To this day, I still haven't played past the first walker mission in ET, and I've been around since beta.

Unfortunately, I feel the need to post this type of stuff so the devs don't create another KOTFE in the future. It almost killed the game.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller