Steam-Inspired Login Reward and Shae Vizla Returns!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Lasting from August 28th - October 5th, we will be having a log-in and subscriber reward happening at the same time! Any player that logs in during that time will recieve a Character Flair inspired by our Steam launch and anyone that is subscribed within that period will receive the Shae Vizla Companion. Full details can be found in this article!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Thank you very much, but of course now XD I wait for Nico and Paxton as well.

Well I assume they will appear in similiar way later after Shae?

I know I get ahead, but tha post made me hyped as hell.

EDIT:

So, Shae will be here and I please for Nico as well :) For Paxton I can wait much longer.

And as person below said, only DvL so on Ranos awaits. I have hope and I'm excited as hell!

Thx again.

Edited by LanceDefender

Hey everyone!

Lasting from August 28th - October 5th, we will be having a log-in and subscriber reward happening at the same time! Any player that logs in during that time will recieve a Character Flair inspired by our Steam launch and anyone that is subscribed within that period will receive the Shae Vizla Companion. Full details can be found in this article!

Excellent news, THANKS so much Mr. Steed & BioWare (for 'Shae Vizla' access again, since, despite being subbed from 2011 on, i happened to barely miss logging in during that previous limited time-span) !

Now if only u guys would also bring back the DvL Event too :D

And Daniel, if you have a moment, could you please see this other post: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=983224&page=3 (specifically regarding the discrepency between in-game next week Event and the website calendar of Events upcoming) .

Edited by Nee-Elder

Congrats to those who don't have Shae yet, but soon will. Looks like the recent demand for her has not gone unnoticed. Hope to see Dazh Ranos next, though I'm sure in her case the requirements will be more related to gameplay, rather than subscribing.

Last year, I made a thread about making Ranos available again, offering some suggestions and information for those interested: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=965583

Hey everyone!

Once again no consideration for those of us that already have Shae.

Where is our reward for this promotion huh?

uhh, the special flair inspired by steam?

That is a whole separate reward, the article clearly states there are TWO promotions.

There is no benefit to one of those for long term subs, you know, the people that support this game, because most of us already have Shae.

Its the same old argument and the same thing happening again and again.

I don't care that they are giving away Shae, what I care about is being locked out of a promotion because the reward is completely useless to me and a large section of players are in the same situation.

There needs to be an alternate reward for those of us that have Shae.

That is a whole separate reward, the article clearly states there are TWO promotions.

There is no benefit to one of those for long term subs, you know, the people that support this game, because most of us already have Shae.

Its the same old argument and the same thing happening again and again.

I don't care that they are giving away Shae, what I care about is being locked out of a promotion because the reward is completely useless to me and a large section of players are in the same situation.

There needs to be an alternate reward for those of us that have Shae.

well its a promotion for new players i assume

I agree with you, but they "can't" e.g give new companion for those who have Shae already becasue in future we'll get same problem and infinite loop lol

Any rewarsd for those who have her yes, but enough relevant and cool for old subs and "irrelevant" enough for those who won't be able to get these again. Like Crystals, mounts or armors?

I agree with you, but they "can't" e.g give new companion for those who have Shae already becasue in future we'll get same problem and infinite loop lol

Any rewarsd for those who have her yes, but enough relevant and cool for old subs and "irrelevant" enough for those who won't be able to get these again. Like Crystals, mounts or armors?

Another companion is the last thing I want.

I would be more than happy with a equivalent CC grant, which costs them nothing.

I just think it's sad they still haven't learned that timed subscription rewards are not good. Because even after giving out Shae again for the third time we'll still have people later on who say they missed it or weren't playing then and they're still showing that they don't care if you *stay* subscribed.

There are much better methods of offering subscriber rewards.

I would be more than happy with a equivalent CC grant, which costs them nothing.

I've given up with this. They have made it abundantly clear that old subscribers are not not important, except for the money. While happy that those that don't have her have a chance, but sad that those that do, are ignored again.

And before someone says something about the other reward, that is given to anyone, they don't have to be a sub.

The problem is that they are giving people that sub the companion but ignoring those that already have her but oh well that is what should be expected from them.

Edited by casirabit

Both fair points.

---

Because even after giving out Shae again for the third time we'll still have people later on who say they missed it or weren't playing then and they're still showing that they don't care if you *stay* subscribed.

It's a legit point you make, but i suppose the counterpoint to that would be BioWare saying you should stay subbed for....9 years of everything else currently in SWTOR. :cool:

--

There are much better methods of offering subscriber rewards.

I personally wish they would eradicate the entire 'Cartel Market' and instead provide CONTENT to dish out those very same Cartel re-skin (or new) rewards. I also wish , instead of shinies, most of the rewards would be schematics, to encourage a more player-driven crafting system (and then by osmosis, the "economy" too ) .

But i just don't think EA has given BioWare the budget$ (or staffing) to allow for not only greater quality of quest story content, but also for more frequent quantity. After all, this is still the only STAR WARS mmo on the market and heck this "dead game since 2012" is now approaching it's 10th Anniversary for Yoda's sake! :(

--

Yeah I agree with you, but what can we do other than accept it?

Continue to voice our concerns & suggestions, as paying customers, and hope someone listens (and is allowed to implement) .

Edited by Nee-Elder

As a rule, I'm not a fan of exclusives. I'm in favor of fluff being obtainable to anyone who might enhance their experience through said fluff, and as such, I am not against people being able to obtain things that were an exclusive gift in the past, but.. gotta say, I'm left with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

I see there's a reward, it gets my attention, and.. oh.. something nice that I already have, and well, I never have used and never will use a flair. Bit of a downer, but okay. I then read things like "I wait for Nico and Paxton as well" and "Great, now make Ranos obtainable again please", and I find my general wish for everyone to be able to get what they want conflicting with the fear of being repeatedly left out when there's a treat, just because I've been here as long as I have.

+1 for finding a better way.