Thanks for Malavai Quinn. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

Lunafox

Haha, thanks. Can always count on Quninmancers to come through on taking time to appreciate Quinn. :D

However, I'd would be happy if companion decorations didn't display as holos if you are on a character that doesn't have them.

Also, Quinn looks nice in casual clothes. I just can't imagine him being comfortable in them.

Haha, thanks. Can always count on Quninmancers to come through on taking time to appreciate Quinn. :D

However, I'd would be happy if companion decorations didn't display as holos if you are on a character that doesn't have them.

Also, Quinn looks nice in casual clothes. I just can't imagine him being comfortable in them.

You're welcome!

This thread is nice relief from the 7.0 doom threads everywhere. I had a look back through some of our posts here - some of them are excellent :D It's such a shame most of the Quinnmancers have left the game/forum.

As for the holo companion decoration thing; that's understandable if you don't have the companion. What I object to is them showing as holos even when I do have them. The Scourge decoration is one example.

I will also share whilst looking for Quinnart today, I came across one that was extremely unsafe for work :eek: .It was so unsafe I'm not even going to put the link here in spoilers. Suffice it to say, Quinn looked very comfortable in what he was wearing. Well, what he was left wearing ;)

You're welcome!

This thread is nice relief from the 7.0 doom threads everywhere. I had a look back through some of our posts here - some of them are excellent :D It's such a shame most of the Quinnmancers have left the game/forum.

I have to admit that it has been a blast to read the unbridled enthusiasm, but it has also been mixed with a bit of dread. I'm only at about page 61, and, at that point, it's still two months out from the actual reunion. Knowing how that reunion was received at the time, I imagine things will be a lot less happy and fun in the thread once I get to the April 2017 portion.

However, it does add weight to my suspicions that there could be a lot of interest in repeatable LI companion-centered chapters. It even might be worth selling them in the CM. Not to mention, it could also do double duty effort to allow people the chance to express their displeasure with those companions definitively.

I wonder how people would react to standalone "what-if" chapters? By that, I mean non-canon chapters that explore what-if scenarios/stories within the game. They could be in their own timeline but still could potentially check off a few interesting boxes.

It could let players and writers explore the roads not taken which could be fun for both. I figured that the writers were bored with what they had to write normally, so we got KOTFE. It was an experiment that might have excited the writers more. I think letting the writers flex their writing muscles and giving players more story content without being handcuffed to the main story could have a lot of merit.

On that note, it could potentially allow for more frequent story updates since it wouldn't have to fit neatly into the main story. Imagine chapters where defining moments in the story go in the opposite direction and thus shapes the galaxy differently. Or even, interactions with the companions could follow different paths and the chapter could devote more time to exploring the story implications of those differences.

However, the true beauty lies in the fact that each released chapter could be completely divorced from others so there doesn't need to be extensive planning to make sure it stays within the roadmap. I'm sure everyone likes breaking their chains every now and again. :D The way I am thinking, it basically would be the game equivalent of short stories and could be released whenever one was finished rather than everyone has to wait for a big update.

My only sadness with this idea is that I think that writing stories around LIs would be the only economically viable option. :( Just my observations of opinions and the fact that we don't already have more companion chapters would indicate that most people just don't care enough about other parts of the story to pursue it with the same interest as interacting with LIs. I would love to see more all around.

Oh well. Maybe if we ever get standalone LI centric chapters, it might drum interest for others. Maybe we could even get them as replayable side stories rather than outside-of-canon what-ifs. I think that is what the HK chapter is but I haven't ponied up the cartel coins to find out for sure. :/

I suppose I should mention that I would prefer the chapters be 2400 cartel coins or less. I think $20 is more than reasonable for a single story.

However, it does add weight to my suspicions that there could be a lot of interest in repeatable LI companion-centered chapters. It even might be worth selling them in the CM. Not to mention, it could also do double duty effort to allow people the chance to express their displeasure with those companions definitively.

I wonder how people would react to standalone "what-if" chapters? By that, I mean non-canon chapters that explore what-if scenarios/stories within the game. They could be in their own timeline but still could potentially check off a few interesting boxes.

It could let players and writers explore the roads not taken which could be fun for both. I figured that the writers were bored with what they had to write normally, so we got KOTFE. It was an experiment that might have excited the writers more. I think letting the writers flex their writing muscles and giving players more story content without being handcuffed to the main story could have a lot of merit.

On that note, it could potentially allow for more frequent story updates since it wouldn't have to fit neatly into the main story. Imagine chapters where defining moments in the story go in the opposite direction and thus shapes the galaxy differently. Or even, interactions with the companions could follow different paths and the chapter could devote more time to exploring the story implications of those differences.

However, the true beauty lies in the fact that each released chapter could be completely divorced from others so there doesn't need to be extensive planning to make sure it stays within the roadmap. I'm sure everyone likes breaking their chains every now and again. :D The way I am thinking, it basically would be the game equivalent of short stories and could be released whenever one was finished rather than everyone has to wait for a big update.

My only sadness with this idea is that I think that writing stories around LIs would be the only economically viable option. :( Just my observations of opinions and the fact that we don't already have more companion chapters would indicate that most people just don't care enough about other parts of the story to pursue it with the same interest as interacting with LIs. I would love to see more all around.

Oh well. Maybe if we ever get standalone LI centric chapters, it might drum interest for others. Maybe we could even get them as replayable side stories rather than outside-of-canon what-ifs. I think that is what the HK chapter is but I haven't ponied up the cartel coins to find out for sure. :/

I suppose I should mention that I would prefer the chapters be 2400 cartel coins or less. I think $20 is more than reasonable for a single story.

The HK chapter isn't a "what if" type of story, but it has you play as HK. I'm surprised you haven't gotten it yet for the janitor deco if for nothing else! I would happily pay extra for bonus chapters featuring 90% of our companions. Most of them got short shrift in their returns and I miss them all.

Ok, it's slightly different than what I am imagining. I was thinking more along the lines of playing as your character but the main NPC you interact with is whichever companion. So, say there was a Zenith Chapter. You might be embarking on some mission near and dear to his heart *cough* free balmorra *cough* and he is your main contact, source of information, partner in mayhem, etc. Like how Theron and Lana have been in a lot of the recent stories.

As for getting the HK chapter, I can't save well enough for that. The last time I looked, it was 3k cartel coins and the deco packs usually come in under 2k. :rolleyes:

I may not have a janitor deco but I have hutts. :D

This is a fantastic idea. We may have suggested it long ago, however I think it might be time to re-add this to the suggestions thread. I would happily pay extra money to unlock stand alone chapters / side stories with my favourite class companions/LIs or later LIs. High on my list would be a story in which they resurrect Skavak for my smuggler but that's a whole new not-Quinn thread. A side story featuring Quinn however? Here's my bank card, pin number and keys to my house BW* :D

The HK chapter isn't a "what if" type of story, but it has you play as HK. I'm surprised you haven't gotten it yet for the janitor deco if for nothing else!

I found the HK chapter enjoyable the first time I ran it. After that I'm only in it for the janitor decorations and the tech gifts!

*this may not actually happen, but money would indeed be thrown!

This is a fantastic idea. We may have suggested it long ago, however I think it might be time to re-add this to the suggestions thread. I would happily pay extra money to unlock stand alone chapters / side stories with my favourite class companions/LIs or later LIs. High on my list would be a story in which they resurrect Skavak for my smuggler but that's a whole new not-Quinn thread. A side story featuring Quinn however? Here's my bank card, pin number and keys to my house BW* :D

I found the HK chapter enjoyable the first time I ran it. After that I'm only in it for the janitor decorations and the tech gifts!

*this may not actually happen, but money would indeed be thrown!

Ok, I can go with you on Quinn. I can go with you on Theron. I can even go with the people who like Vector and those that take a shot at Malgus... But I have to part ways with you on Skavak. :mad: I would take Khem Val before I took Skavak.

I shoot that drooling, nerf-scat every chance I get. :p

However, I have been reading this thread for a while now Sarova, and I'm not so convinced you wouldn't hand over your Bank card for a Quinn-centric repeatable chapter with multiple fade to blacks. Maybe even hand over that pin number if they toss in a DLC kinda scene in the Comannder's/Wrath's room. :p

I'll go see about making a new suggestion thread in the CM Suggestion board.

Edit:

Here's the link to the thread. Have at. :)

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9961130#post9961130

Edited by Xo-Lara

...However, I have been reading this thread for a while now Sarova, and I'm not so convinced you wouldn't hand over your Bank card for a Quinn-centric repeatable chapter with multiple fade to blacks. Maybe even hand over that pin number if they toss in a DLC kinda scene in the Comannder's/Wrath's room. :p

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!

Ok, I can go with you on Quinn. I can go with you on Theron. I can even go with the people who like Vector and those that take a shot at Malgus... But I have to part ways with you on Skavak. :mad: I would take Khem Val before I took Skavak.

I shoot that drooling, nerf-scat every chance I get. :p

I thought that way until I played a smuggler as darkly evil and Skavak would make the perfect companion to her! Together they'd have been so deliciously bad!

I'll go see about making a new suggestion thread in the CM Suggestion board.

Edit:

Here's the link to the thread. Have at. :)

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9961130#post9961130

Hehe! Done :)

• 1 month later...
Sigh. The petty hate never ends. This is a thread about Warrior romances, and the people saying they prefer Quinn are being voted down. I hate Kaliyo, but I don't go around downvoting people who say they like her :rolleyes:

Life is so much better when you ignore stuff like this.

Players who prefer the male romance companions are never going to win in this (or probably any) game against those who like bikini clad female companions unless the Devs decide we deserve more. And I'm sure BW's data shows female SWTOR players and our companion preferences are very low on their data list of player types so we are ignored as we're not considered valuable to the player base. There's even a post in another thread on here that insults women players that has not been removed by BW forum staff despite being reported.

At least we have our various love threads.

Life is so much better when you ignore stuff like this.

Players who prefer the male romance companions are never going to win in this (or probably any) game against those who like bikini clad female companions unless the Devs decide we deserve more. And I'm sure BW's data shows female SWTOR players and our companion preferences are very low on their data list of player types so we are ignored as we're not considered valuable to the player base. There's even a post in another thread on here that insults women players that has not been removed by BW forum staff despite being reported.

At least we have our various love threads.

I know our preferred romances will never top the lists. The pettiness of downvoting people who were expressing their opinions got to me. Don't like a romance someone else does? Scroll on past. Agree with someone else's favorite, give a thumbs up. I don't get why Quinn haters need to be douche bags every single time his name comes up. It's pathological!

There's even a post in another thread on here that insults women players that has not been removed by BW forum staff despite being reported.

Good news - him and his offensive post are history - well done devs!

I don't get why Quinn haters need to be douche bags every single time his name comes up.

They just are and there are a lot of them. If there weren't there would never have been a kill option for Quinn. I just try to ignore the haters unless they are really offensive then they get reported and ignored. They don't pay your sub; don't let them affect your enjoyment of the game or any characters in the game. Look at how many of us hate Lana - those of us with sense stay out of the threads/posts that worship her. There will always be people who have to antagonise just because they can. Forget them and enjoy this pic of Quinn with my character Pherese :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/3351/STUyo3.jpg

Edited by Sarova

They just are and there are a lot of them. If there weren't there would never have been a kill option for Quinn. I just try to ignore the haters unless they are really offensive then they get reported and ignored. They don't pay your sub; don't let them affect your enjoyment of the game or any characters in the game. Look at how many of us hate Lana - those of us with sense stay out of the threads/posts that worship her. There will always be people who have to antagonise just because they can. Forget them and enjoy this pic of Quinn with my character Pherese :)

Adorable! I've never gotten him to stand still so I could get close like that. I'm tempted to stalk people with Quinns out so I can pose with their companions :p

I like Quinn. I do, but that's not fair. Unlike Theron Shan later, Quinn really does betray you. That is not something a Sith takes likely. For metagame reasons the Class story doesn't let you kill Quinn, but those who wanted to aren't trolls. The no kill option may have fueled the rabid Quinn haters, but players do roleplay, and it is Sith thing to want to kill your betrayer.

My first Sith Warrior is a lot more light than dark. He was able to forgive Quinn when they finally reunited. As he says in the cinematic, it was a long time ago. My second Sith Warrior is a lot more dark than light. He just started Fallen Empire. When he eventually reunites with Quinn he won't be so forgiving. It's like the tv show Manifest. It might have been 5 years for everyone else, but for him it hasn't.

I can't say I like Quinn as a romance. ((I come in peace) but he is a fascinating character. I can see why some people would love him. I don't happen to be one of them, but what makes the character richer IMVHO is the fact that he has so many valid reasons to be either adored or loathed. That's a beautiful thing.

Adorable! I've never gotten him to stand still so I could get close like that. I'm tempted to stalk people with Quinns out so I can pose with their companions :p

That sounds mad. Post a pic if you do.

I like Quinn. I do, but that's not fair.

It's true though. There have been dozens of threads/post/requests here and on various other platforms requesting a kill option for Quinn both before and after kotfe. Back in beta they were going to let you kill "bad" companions but loads of people were against it. Had they kept the kill options for various companions back then, it would be more understandable especially for dark-siders who would not have hesitated to punish his betrayal with death at that time. To put it in years later to appease the haters? Seems a bit pointless.

((I come in peace)

That made me laugh! :D As this forum's Chief of Security, I'll allow it.

To tell the truth I'd like Quinn more if he wasn't so awful to Vette. (Sorry but it is true with certain scenes.) For me, even though he's not my personal cup of Chai, (as a bff or LI) he's too good at his job to kill or stick in prison. A smart leader doesn't waste that kind of resource. The productivity of the the Alliance Military wing would skyrocket.

To tell the truth I'd like Quinn more if he wasn't so awful to Vette. (Sorry but it is true with certain scenes.) For me, even though he's not my personal cup of Chai, (as a bff or LI) he's too good at his job to kill or stick in prison. A smart leader doesn't waste that kind of resource. The productivity of the the Alliance Military wing would skyrocket.

I feel that way about Pierce. I might like him if he weren't so awful to Quinn. Well, and if he didn't treat that one former subordinate of his like a whore. The whole "take one for the team" mentality pisses me off to no end.

I feel that way about Pierce. I might like him if he weren't so awful to Quinn. Well, and if he didn't treat that one former subordinate of his like a whore. The whole "take one for the team" mentality pisses me off to no end.

Pierce is a Hutt in human form! He's utterly despicable! However, to be fair, Quinn gives as good as he gets.

I'm not a Vette fan, however there is a bit of the class story in which he recognises Vette's valuable skills and is clearly impressed by her. I think he sees her like a nuisance little sister more than harbouring any hate for her, unlike me and my characters at times. Also, (spoilered for people who might not have done Iokath yet)

there once existed an in-game letter that Quinn sent you after Iokath letting you know how much he was impressed by your new Alliance & how he was settling in etc etc. In the version you got if you let Vette live, he says how he runs into Vette and will make sure his quarters are far away from hers. In the version of the letter you got if you let Vette die, he says how sorry he was to hear of her death. That almost made me change my views on Vette. It is a huge shame that letter was removed from the game and an even bigger shame that I accidentally threw away my USB on which I'd saved a screenshot of both letters /cry

I don't mind that Pierce takes a dislike to Quinn as it suits both their characters (and the dislike is mutual), however the bit of the Pierce story that involves treating his former squad member, (now his superior) like a whore is abysmal. I really wish they'd rewrite that or remove it from the class story. I stopped doing the Pierce conversations because of this.

Similar thing happens when you go to Alderaan and are expected to hand over Lady Renata to Duke Kendoh. It's a disgraceful piece of writing. No matter how dark my character is, I have never nor will I ever hand her over. Quinn always disapproves of you taking that option because it's very un-imperial-like, however rather then him being like Pierce, Quinn disapproves because you are going against Baras's contact/an imperial ally's request, which he always disapproves of (until after the Quinncident).

What |I do like is if you're light-sided (which most of my warriors are), Quinn questions your leniency at first (as you've made many kind choices right through the class story and later during the the post Iokath traitor arc) but he warms to it later on.

Edited by Sarova

• 2 months later...
Sigh. The petty hate never ends. This is a thread about Warrior romances, and the people saying they prefer Quinn are being voted down. I hate Kaliyo, but I don't go around downvoting people who say they like her :rolleyes:

I know this post is from is a few months ago, but there was also a recent thread about Quinn on SWTOR's subreddit. I sometimes think the most vocal people are the bloodthirsty ones; even if there are reasonable points made in favor of Quinn, they hardly get recognition. It might be a result of selective attention: I notice the negative ones more, since positive Quinn responses should be the default :). It sort of gets discouraging.

Pierce is reckless and disrespectful, and I couldn't agree more with you on what he wanted his former squadmate to do. It really was one of those moments where you think "this universe has female leadership all over the place, what the hell is he suggesting?!?!", right after wanting to shove him out an airlock for that comment. And to even suggest with my female Warrior standing right there, the absolute gall of that guy. The only saving grace for Pierce is the VA, because I got into Dragon Age and was wondering why some character sounded familiar. My next Warrior I role, for the expansion, may well

Ask if he wants to blow up the Bastion

Edited by PaxSithari

Pierce is reckless and disrespectful, and I couldn't agree more with you on what he wanted his former squadmate to do. It really was one of those moments where you think "this universe has female leadership all over the place, what the hell is he suggesting?!?!", right after wanting to shove him out an airlock for that comment. And to even suggest with my female Warrior standing right there, the absolute gall of that guy. The only saving grace for Pierce is the VA, because I got into Dragon Age and was wondering why some character sounded familiar. My next Warrior I role, for the expansion, may well

Ask if he wants to blow up the Bastion

That conversation with Pierce is the reason I no longer bother with his companion conversations when I level a Warrior. I just do Quinn and Jaesa,

That conversation with Pierce is the reason I no longer bother with his companion conversations when I level a Warrior.

Not a fan of that either, even though I do understand that Black Ops will do whatever it takes to get the job done. I wish this example manifested in some other way or something that showed it to be equally demeaning for males as well though, but that's just idealistic thinking I suppose. Otherwise, I enjoyed Pierce's character, and the one-night stand though I wish it could have been referenced post Quinn-moment :cool: I still to this day stand by Quinn being an excellent character and the very embodiment of an Imperial. Its rah-rah Empire until you get crossed, then people want to cannibalize.

Nope, gotta admire the fact that dude would

straight up marry you and then do the big reveal for f!Warrior! If one cannot see past the red, that's on them, I'm sorry. He only did what your faction is literally known for, expertly! :D

Quinn deserves hate, because that stands testament to his character doing exactly what he was designed to. Too bad I wasn't all that into the romance, perhaps then I would have felt the undefinable rage of 12 stars upon the key moment.

Can't talk about loyalty and Quinn in the same sentence. He was loyal to somebody who (Sith Code and all) betrayed YOU, and then Quinn does similar. He should've been shoved out of the airlock about 10 seconds after you smashed those droids. The fact that you let him live, as the Emperor's Wrath, IS bad writing, and I'm glad they corrected that.

Pierce, well, as somebody who has worked with Spec Ops at Bragg, is a talented soldier, who IS loyal. Quinn is a staff officer - they are a dime a dozen. Pierce is a field operative, and those are much, much, more valuable. I don't care that he p!mped out some collection of pixels - big picture here. You're going after a target that might win the war. If some tart has to sleep with some dude to gain some intel? So be it.

I'm really hoping for more Quinn like the little one on one's we've been having with other companions lately. I know he's probably low down on the list because Devs seem to dislike him so much but it's not like we've really had any content with him since Iokath. Considering he gave up everything (including the Empire) to join my Warrior on Iokath, it kinda feels like a lot of things are currently unsaid between them. :(