KOTFE Story and Companions

CharlesBoyd

I am glad to hear that "The Outlander" won't be completely generic and that our class will play a role in the story. And now I am even more curious about who that new companions will be, I can't wait to find out! Please let there be a romanceable male Force user. :)

What I can say is that past companions will return in the story, sometimes as very critical parts of the overall story shared by all Outlanders. Which classes can recruit which characters, who can be romanced, who can you kill and who might betray you? You’ll have to play and see :)

This did not reassure me one bit though. :(

"Past companions" may or may not mean all past companions. "Return in the story" does not necessarily mean returning as companions. "Who can be romanced" does not necessarily mean as romanceable companions, but could mean former companions that wind up as Lana/Theron style romance options.

Edited by Gwena

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Charles for taking the time. I feel a bit better now about not seeing Theron Shan in the line up. I was getting pretty anxious there for a while.

Nice that you're keeping an eye on us, and what's going through our minds, and caring enough to allay our worries a bit. ^^

will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at BioWare.]

So will this expansion expand on the dialogue wheel? Will we have more than the three options to expand on such as an investigate choice like most of the other Bioware games? No details needed just a yes or a no lol :D

Edited by DarthConsum

Who is the red tattooed female Twi'lek in the trailer? Will she be a companion or actual character in the expansion, or is she just there for the trailer? I really want to know. :confused: Please.!!

It's heavily implied in the trailer that she died, so I'm pretty sure she isn't one.

Valkorion: who is this guy? What happened to that other Emperor? Aren’t they both actually Jadus, who’s secretly Kephess, who’s actually a mutated clone of Kai Zykken created by Fez Burba for the Star Cabal’s secret war against the Shroud? OK, so I actually haven’t seen that theory, but IT’S ALL TRUE TELL EVERYONE BEFORE IT’S TOO LA----

I said this to you the other day on Twitter Charles, but GODDAMIT you guys and your teases! :p

Also, like others have asked, where is Theron? :(

And finally, I know you guys won't be willing to reveal the details of this just yet, but, I honestly can not fathom why my characters would willingly be frozen in carbonite. I don't see our characters being tricked into it either.. I mean, after all they've done for their particular faction they're just going to sit back and let the Zakuul's quash everything? Yeah, I don't think so... They'ed be called into action and on the front lines going after and stopping that ****** and his twin sons.

So yeah, I'm not very happy with the idea that our characters get to wake up after the main conflict is over and find everything is screwed over... When they would be doing everything they can from the beginning to stop the Zakuul Empire.

But anyway.. I just want some kind of reassurance that you guys have a good explanation that makes sense. This is far more important to me then what happens to our companions to be honest.

It's heavily implied in the trailer that she died, so I'm pretty sure she isn't one.

I'm pretty sure that was heaviest implied. They all but showed the dude slicing her mostly in half.

And finally, I know you guys won't be willing to reveal the details of this just yet, but, I honestly can not fathom why my characters would willingly be frozen in carbonite. I don't see our characters being tricked into it either.. I mean, after all they've done for their particular faction they're just going to sit back and let the Zakuul's quash everything? Yeah, I don't think so... They'ed be called into action and on the front lines going after and stopping that ****** and his twin sons.

So yeah, I'm not very happy with the idea that our characters get to wake up after the main conflict is over and find everything is screwed over... When they would be doing everything they can from the beginning to stop the Zakuul Empire.

I'm pretty sure we're forced into it somehow. Memento mori :p

Edited by Diviciacus

Being frozen in carbonite doesn't bother me since there's already a precedent in the game for it. The government and important people on Taris from KOTOR are found frozen in carbonite. Republic players can free them and Empire players can destroy them. I'm ok with my Sorc deciding along with Lana and Marr that me being frozen is what's best for business. Edited by Akea

great ! Thanks for the info! See guys? Just learn to be patient. The answers to your questions will come :)

Actually, we didn't have to be really patient this time, which is nice.

We got a LOT today. Sure, it was with the broadest of strokes, but that's what it is SUPPOSED to be right now.

BioWare finally is doing the right approach, and getting back to their hard core supporters within 48 hours of the announcement, and at least acknowledging the hot topic questions if not answering them, all while giving us a nugget here and there, and giving us a rough time frame on when we CAN expect some more clarity.

In other words, they are finally doing things the way a blue chip, AAA MMO like WoW does it, or even like how Turbine handles their MMOs.

I just hope they keep this up over the long haul. If they can sustain this, it will actually start to build trust and lead to a better community, instead of the resentment the silence of the past has wrought.

They're killing it right now. I just hope they are able to sustain it.

All I have is one simple request...

Please, please, please...

LET ME KILL QUINN!!!! His betrayal and forgiveness never ever set well with me and I tried every option to kill him before realizing it wasn't an option.

That is all and thank you! :)

Edited by jscott

2 Ways you could end up in Carbonite:

1) Fall off a chair into the carbonizer machine.

2) After getting the bondage cat from season 5, you get into the scene and go to a club to get yourself carbonized, then the planet gets rekt and you're the only one left.

So, I have a question for the ever so noble devs:

If every previous choice the Outlander made is still a part of the characters identity, including romances pursued and what not, how will it work for characters starting directly at level 60? Will they have to run through the regular class story first or will they start the Fallen Empire Story directly with the choices already be made for them and have to discover it as they go along?

Edited by Sangrar

So, I have a question:

If every previous choice the Outlander made is still a part of the characters identity, including romances pursued and what not, how will it work for characters starting directly at level 60? Will they have to run through the regular class story first or will they start the Fallen Empire Story directly with the choices already be made for them and have to discover it as they go along?

All instant level 60 characters default to having romanced Skadge.

You know you want some big boy.

So, I have a question for the ever so noble devs:

How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline.

This ^

Edited by JackJack

Finally, I’ve seen a lot of people referencing the KOTFE page’s character list as a list of companions – not everyone on that list will become a companion, and not every companion in the story is included in that list.

Lana Beniko better be a companion!! :confused: shes the only new companion I really want from this expansion! My Assassin Needs a wifey and Ashara as a jedi don't cut it as she doesn't seem to put out :(

Edited by EVO_D

OMG

OMGOMGOMG

I wanted to right a sensible, intelligent post... but cannot right now.

All I can say... YAY!

PS: Did he say "kill" a companion???? A glorious death for Quinn is brewing in the depths of my mind :)

Edited by Scorpiova

great ! Thanks for the info! See guys? Just learn to be patient. The answers to your questions will come :)

Don't you mean the questions they deem to think are important, like companions, or keeping your stuff. But questions some of us are ignore or brushed under the carpet and the more questions they do answer and not answer the one question that is important to me and some of us gets ignored.

Don't you mean the questions they deem to think are important, like companions, or keeping your stuff. But questions some of us are ignore or brushed under the carpet and the more questions they do answer and not answer the one question that is important to me and some of us gets ignored.

I'm sorry, did you say something? I wasn't paying attention. :rolleyes: