Help deciding my class for PvP

BongCommander

Since, nobody else has replied yet I will give you some informations from a reg warzone perspective. I haven’t played ranked since 2015 mostly because I quit when 5.0 launched and just recently came back.

Concealment Operative:

Very strong spec overall. It’s fairly straight forward too. The thing that separates the good ones from the bad ones is knowing how to prioritize your global cooldowns. The reason for the this is due to the fact that a large part of the survivability of this spec comes at the cost of using global cooldowns. You have to know the other classes and abilities they are using so you can roll off the big burst damage. Their survivability is very good, you just have time things right and make sure to not be rooted. Getting rooted can be the difference of life and death. So make sure you have your cleanse bound for tech roots, take evasive imperative, and counter strike for utilities.

Concealment damage is also really good. Just be aware that if you are really focusing on surviving it will drop because you are using globals hots and rolling instead of damage. Volatile strike is the go to tactical item. The debilitator set is the go to set bonus armor. Open up with volatile substance, detonate it with veiled strike, then spam laceration. Build tactical advantage with veiled strike and backstab (assuming you always use it after volatile substance has been detonated). Like I said, it’s pretty straight forward. It’s all about prioritizing those global cooldowns based on your situation.

Concealment is the best dueling spec in the game. It has good damage, but even more so than that it has attrition power. They will just outlast anyone else in a duel due to how they are designed at the moment. That plus their stealth sap and flashbang make them ideal mode guards and offnode harassers. In my opinion, a concealment op is worth much more to then team focusing on the objectives than being in a big mid fight. Let the marauders, mercs, and juggs do that. Harass the off node and pull people away from the main fight.

I’ll update with my favorite utilities later because I can remember there names. But I personally think counter strike, evasive imperative, and revitalizes are among the best.

Vengeance Jugg:

Also a very strong spec, at least in reg warzones. They also have great survivability, but different from a concealment op. They won’t outlast an equally skilled concealment op, but their survivability isn’t dependent on using global cooldowns. So, they are worth more in a mid fight in my opinion as they can damage and survive at the same time. They also provide more group utility in being able to taunt and guard if necessary. Just know that guard will greatly debuff your damage. So use it wisely if you are focusing on being a dps.

Vengeance has some great passives that when combined with the unstoppable utility gives them good cc immunity as well as extra survivability. They also have utility options that prevent them from being rooted and slowed to death by ranged classes. Their damage is also pretty great too. Grit teeth is the go tactical and I’m pretty sure descent of the fearless is the go to set bonus armor.

Vengeance juggs can also be good offnode harassers as they have strong survivability enough to the point that they can pull more enemies off the main fight. However, be aware that if you encounter a competent op or a good sin then it’s not really worth it as they can handle you solo. So go back to being a wrecking ball in the main fight.

Hopefully that helps give you somewhat of an idea. If you have more specific questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to give answers. If I don’t know the answers, then I’m sure others on this board would.

Have fun!

Edited by Saikochoro