Swtor enforcers....the hammer droppers.

Nickodemous

So, I was banned for saying I was "old as ****"! What I love, is you keyboard warriors, took offense. In reaction, anything I find offensive, will be reported. Every single time, all the time. I can play the game also.

What makes it more fun, I tried to explain the Indian, named Todd, that it was a comment about myself....

Outsourcing your rules and regulations to a group that reads a book....and give them power.....wow....lost a lot of respect for Swtor. A **** ton!

So, I was banned for saying I was "old as ****"! What I love, is you keyboard warriors, took offense. In reaction, anything I find offensive, will be reported. Every single time, all the time. I can play the game also.

What makes it more fun, I tried to explain the Indian, named Todd, that it was a comment about myself....

Outsourcing your rules and regulations to a group that reads a book....and give them power.....wow....lost a lot of respect for Swtor. A **** ton!

You must be joking.....I call this a troll.

Why?

I have seen far far far worse in-game.

You got banned in game for using a swear word? Man, that is really crap CS support, especially when you tried to explain it was about you.

There is literally a profanity word filter in the options setting of the game if people are overly sensitive to that kind of thing.

A proper customer service rep would have suggest to the reporter that they turn it on before even considering banning you.

You have every right to be upset and I think JackieKo should follow this up with CS to make sure they KNOW there is a profanity filter in the game for sensitive people.

Edit: I’m also pretty sure that the filter is on by default. So the person who reported you has no legs to stand on. They freely accepted they were happy to see profanity when they turned the filter off manually.

Which means this type of ban should have been placed on the person reporting for wasting CS’s time. You should be compensated in some way by Bioware for taking away your play time.

JackieKo, what do you think? Is Nick at fault here or the person who reported him?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

You got banned in game for using a swear word? Man, that is really crap CS support, especially when you tried to explain it was about you.

There is literally a profanity word filter in the options setting of the game if people are overly sensitive to that kind of thing.

A proper customer service rep would have suggest to the reporter that they turn it on before even considering banning you.

You have every right to be upset and I think JackieKo should follow this up with CS to make sure they KNOW there is a profanity filter in the game for sensitive people.

Edit: I’m also pretty sure that the filter is on by default. So the person who reported you has no legs to stand on. They freely accepted they were happy to see profanity when they turned the filter off manually.

Which means this type of ban should have been placed on the person reporting for wasting CS’s time. You should be compensated in some way by Bioware for taking away your play time.

JackieKo, what do you think? Is Nick at fault here or the person who reported him?

Maybe the OP has his filter on by default and circumvented the filter. That would be equally stupid.

If you have the filter enabled in chat, you can't even say the word Saturday because of the 4 letter word in the middle.

Maybe the OP has his filter on by default and circumvented the filter. That would be equally stupid.

If you have the filter enabled in chat, you can't even say the word Saturday because of the 4 letter word in the middle.

I doubt it. I’ve played pvp with Nick and I can tell you he doesn’t circumvent the profanity filter to get his point across, lol.

It’s more likely the someone else didn’t have their filter on and reported him. CS should be better trained to understand there is a filter in the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I doubt it. I’ve played pvp with Nick and I can tell you he doesn’t circumvent the profanity filter to get his point across, lol.

It’s more likely the someone else didn’t have their filter on and reported him. CS should be better trained to understand there is a filter in the game.

It would make the most sense and since the filter is on by default, you would have to remember to disable it on each character. If he didn't uncheck the box on the character he was using and tried to skirt the filter, then he got caught. While everybody throws out the term "ban," he was really only suspended.

Heck, I've been suspended once on this forum for having a personal belief that didn't conform to worldly-wokeness. It wasn't a personal attack, it was on topic, yet another poster feigned offense, reported me, and I was suspended. I was shocked that I could get suspended for what I typed. That was at least a couple years ago. In today's world, I am no longer shocked. I expect at some point to be cast out of society for not capitulating to angry mobs that demand I think like they do and believe what they believe.

In game?

If you're a pvp'er, then it's well known that rivals loooooove getting their guild to right-click report a person's chat. Then you get banned from typing as if you're a spammer. IDK about being suspended from the game tho. That's weird.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller