SWTOR 7.0 little questions

mirellha

First i apologize. After some health issues, i had to take a little break, so i missed out a lot concerning all the changes.

I did come back 3 days ago, and decided to start a new account (the 5th lol) to rediscover the game but also start like real new with the changes coming.

So i have little questions bugging my head and i will so ask you :

- Do i need or is it better, that i work on the actual class sets obtainable with frags ? Or i should keep the sha'teck pieces and put mods in them ?

- Ear, implants, relics and tactical will be still good to go (mine are at lv 306, with little augment 286) - concerning the tacticals (for example the go to sleep go to sleep for the shadow) will they still be usable ?

- Hilts : mods 306 will be useful to start or not at all ?

THose are the main questions in my head, if you can answer that would really help me.

Keep in mind that i am a gran'ma :) i dont do end game any more (HM).So i dont need any BIS or particular gear but i love to have good gear still to fight without stress.

For now i am working on leveling my Legacy and opening perks :)

Thank you in advance

(my older account was Moranae from 2012 but not sub anymore)

Edited by mirellha

The class sets from the Spoils of War vendor will no longer be available come 7.0, so I wouldn't worry about them.

As to things like Sha'tek gear and hilts, supposedly the new gearing system is supposed to reduce the importance of moddable gear and make static gear more effective. They're not removing moddable gear... technically... but when its considered that they've mentioned new moddable gear will be tier-locked behind the highest gear rating and that can only be gotten through Master Mode Operations...

Overall, I'd recommend waiting until 7.0 drops on the 14th, then creating a brand new character and playing it for a while to adjust to the gearing changes without any baggage from a pre-existing character. It's partly what I'm thinking of doing myself...

Thank you for answering me.

Something is still worrying me though. We use actually mods for weapons, and this allow us to have the weapon look we want.

Does that mean that all what we invested in outfit look for weapons will be erased and we will all have the same weapons with same stats and look ?

Thank you for answering me.

Something is still worrying me though. We use actually mods for weapons, and this allow us to have the weapon look we want.

Does that mean that all what we invested in outfit look for weapons will be erased and we will all have the same weapons with same stats and look ?

Weapons are supposed to get added to the outfit designer, so you can have the look you want showing instead of of what ever you are using for stats.

Be sure you don't get rid of your 306 gear right away. A number of people on the public test server found their 306 gear worked better for older content than the new gear, even without the set bonuses.