Which spec to play as Marauder

Chaostoni

I played some swtor a few years ago and i used to play as Carnage.

Mostly PvE in hardcore and dipping into nightmare operations.

i was wondering if carnage is viable for that kind of content now or if i should switch?

I saw some comments in this sub forum about carnage being bad and fury or annihilation is the way to go but im not sure if thats just for PvP or in general.

And if Carnage is bad which spec would be the one to play?

Or wouldnt it matter untill you get to the master difficulty of the operations?

With Maras the specs breakdown as follows:

Fury: Currently is the best of both worlds being A tier in pvp and B+ tier in PVE

PVP: Best

PVE: Good

Anni: Anni is in S tier for PVE right now along with TK and Both PT dps specs. PVP is around D Tier levels due to all the CC that is thrown around and less then stellar burst.

PVP: Below Average

PVE: Best

Carnage: Can't really compete in PVP or PVE right now the spec is limited in PVP by CC like Anni but dosn't have the sustained damage to make it good in PVE. Its in the F tier right now along with Hatred. The spec needs a rework badly.

PVE: F Tier

• 2 weeks later...
With Maras the specs breakdown as follows:

Fury: Currently is the best of both worlds being A tier in pvp and B+ tier in PVE

PVP: Best

PVE: Good

Anni: Anni is in S tier for PVE right now along with TK and Both PT dps specs. PVP is around D Tier levels due to all the CC that is thrown around and less then stellar burst.

PVE: Best

Carnage: Can't really compete in PVP or PVE right now the spec is limited in PVP by CC like Anni but dosn't have the sustained damage to make it good in PVE. Its in the F tier right now along with Hatred. The spec needs a rework badly.

PVE: F Tier

I am glad that someone else realizes that Combat is in a terrible situation right now.

• 2 weeks later...

So for doing random content and soloing outside high end pve and ranked pvp would you recommend Anni with some dot self heals or Fury for its burst? What spec is more durable if there is even difference?

I do questing and heroics with dps companion and man out of all classes sentinel / mara just feel squishiest of them all.

Returned to game and decided to go w fresh character

Edited by Zenislav

I think the hate on Carnage is way overblown and people are just parroting each other.

They are literally in the middle of the pack dps wise and only 3% below Annihilation and 0.75% behind fury which is not very much. http://parsely.io/parser/stats

PVP wise they have a nuke every 10 seconds with Ferocity, and you can spec for more mobility. Carnage is in a better spot than Vengeance/Rage Jugg and defiantly viable. Charge> Crippling slash> Battering assault> Massacre> Ferocity>Furious Power>The Prosecution buffed Devastating blast > Gore > Vicious Throw. Scary burst.

• 3 weeks later...
I think the hate on Carnage is way overblown and people are just parroting each other.

They are literally in the middle of the pack dps wise and only 3% below Annihilation and 0.75% behind fury which is not very much. http://parsely.io/parser/stats

PVP wise they have a nuke every 10 seconds with Ferocity, and you can spec for more mobility. Carnage is in a better spot than Vengeance/Rage Jugg and defiantly viable. Charge> Crippling slash> Battering assault> Massacre> Ferocity>Furious Power>The Prosecution buffed Devastating blast > Gore > Vicious Throw. Scary burst.

This sounds juicy.... Going to try it now.

Scary? I'm not so sure. Remember, most of the time you're not hitting into someone without SOME kind of dcd or adrenal or something to mitigate the damage. Vanguard can power through my Pacify AND Saber Ward fairly effectively. I will still be at about 70% health if done right. I don't know of anything else that can do that.

Presently, scary burst is Vanguard, Operative, and Shadow.