Blade Blitz Feedback

TheRealVeranor

I've noticed that when using Blade Blitz, no target is required.

I don't care much about it, but its difference with Force Leap is that you could Blitz right off of a cliff.

With Force Leap, you could not; however, I still feel the effects of imposing a range on it.

Just wondering what initial thoughts were. My stance is that its an *ok* skill but I'm still not going to say we're completely broken until I've had a chance to gather some endgame gear and let the 4.0 cook for a couple of months.

As for PvP i love it !

If you cant reach an enemy with force leap, i use blaze blitz as a gapcloser then i use force leap.. If saved so many pilons and snow/grass defences with this combo.. You travel 1/4 of the map with this if its possible...

Example, you see an enemy far away, you want to reach him.. Blazeblitz closes around 20/30 meter and also gives you 100% def of the durations ( also a rly nice getaway skill ) Then you use force leap immidiatly and you can reach the target which otherwise you could not..

I can imagine that this sort of ability is really weird for a lot of people, but for me it took no time at all to get used to it because I do a lot with my agent/smuggler classes that both have rolls like this. Mad Dash has made Jugg tanking a lot easier now that I can reposition, and I'm kind of giddy about using it with my mara.

The key to using it though, make sure you don't fly off a cliff haha, takes time to learn exactly how far it will take you.

• 5 years later...
I find it totaly useless you cannot aim and hit the enermy you have to try and judge the 20m and most times I have been off so it wastes a power and attack that could of been far better if it was like the force leap were you target then hit but with blitz you could end up any were even falling off the map if not careful.

Here’s the thing. In PvP Mad Dash/Blade Blitz isn’t meant to be used as an attack. Sure, it does damage, but the point of it is to close gaps between you and a distant enemy, to mitigate damage completely, and to break slows and roots with the proper utility. It’s almost more of a DCD than an offensive ability.

Also, I’ve totally seen someone go off a cliff with Force Leap before. It was a unique circumstance that came down to bad timing, but it has happened, lol.

Edited by Enticy

I find it totaly useless you cannot aim and hit the enermy you have to try and judge the 20m and most times I have been off so it wastes a power and attack that could of been far better if it was like the force leap were you target then hit but with blitz you could end up any were even falling off the map if not careful.

It is 100% immunity to all for 1 second. It is very, very useful in the right hands. Not suggesting mine are those hands, but in PvP, it has a lot of utility.

Here’s the thing. In PvP Mad Dash/Blade Blitz isn’t meant to be used as an attack. Sure, it does damage, but the point of it is to close gaps between you and a distant enemy, to mitigate damage completely, and to break slows and roots with the proper utility. It’s almost more of a DCD than an offensive ability.

Also, I’ve totally seen someone go off a cliff with Force Leap before. It was a unique circumstance that came down to bad timing, but it has happened, lol.

I should have read your post before posting myself. Yeah...what Enticy wrote. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Mad Dash/Blade Blitz is basically a worse operative/scoundrel roll. That being said, it’s still very good, which does say something about roll imo lmao

yep...every developer must play operative. Only reason the class has been so overpowered for so long.