Well, the last nail was cast just now.

xdjinn

I was already really unsure if I wanted to support this game considering all problems that it has (spread out on multiple topics I've posted over these last 4-5 months stay). From bad PvP balancing to biased mechanics intended to force long-term subs, to lack of content on the recent years, decade old bugs that never got fixed.

But none of that was enough to put me off of it, yes I do enjoy the game even with it's flaws, but many of those things scream bad costumer service, and disrespectful business model, what in fact has actually been the last nail was forums censoring. I just had a post deleted that made no sense, but carried heavy criticism towards Bioware, even though indirect. What was really against community guidelines was a single phrase, but instead of having it edited out or requested to be edited out, to make some shady PR move, they simply deleted it, I've seen many topics being delete in the forums by other players who were actually raising very valid concerns or complaints, yet at that time I didn't pay much mind (guilty as charged, as long as it wasn't me I was "phine" with it). Now it hit me, and I am not going to let it go. I already said this years ago I believe, but silencing preferred and f2p players was already a very despicable practice by their shady terms, I mean, it's absurd that f2p and preferred cannot have any support what-so-ever, but it makes worse when subs are also being censored for bringing up fair criticism.

Well, tbh I didn't expect any different considering BW is part of EA, and knowing very well how EA operates, it was just a matter of time, in a way I've trapped myself into this situation by using the forums actively to express concerns and dislikes (no reason to praise a game when it's running smooth, forums are in a way just there for support and rant, maybe suggestions. which brings me to why I did post this here)

So, my suggestion is simple: Stop censoring, allow f2p and preferred support, balance the PvP more decently, remove biased self-serving time-locks that are there only to force ppl into subbing for longer periods of time. Maybe if you change one or all of these, you still might have a chance of recovering large chunks of the player-base. It would also be nice to have better writers doing content forward, maybe have said content being released more often.

That's it, farewell SWTOR community, I don't believe I'll be coming back.

Edited by xdjinn

Maybe if you change one or all of these, you still might have a chance of recovering large chunks of the player-base.

Is this some sort of self fat shaming? 😇

But seriously, it is obvious you've only been playing for a short while. Otherwise you'd know that SWTOR hasn't been so active in quite a while. Not too long ago you'd only find 50 people on the Fleet and the starter planets would be empty. Now you have 2 or 3 instances of Fleet with 150 or so each, and there's lots of activity on the lower planets.

You even get people complaining about how crowded it is on planets where a GS PO is taking place.

It takes a lot less time for Master Mode GF FPs to pop as well, which is also an indicator of overall population.

It would also be nice to have better writers doing content forward, maybe have said content being released more often.

Content-wise, I would suggest that GS is just something to hold people over until the 10th anniversary. If there's no new content for the 10th, then you can really complain.

That's it, farewell SWTOR community, I don't believe I'll be coming back.

Can I have your stuff?

(Just kidding. I don't need stuff. 🙂 )

Edited by JediQuaker