New Species: Trandoshan and Kaleesh

CaeREKCB

So, something I like about the game is that every so often, there's new additions so it makes it that the game is never the same twice, especially when it comes to playable species. When I first started the game, Cathar and Togruta weren't even in the game, let alone Nautolins. Two species I've always loved and wanted a chance to play as are a Trandoshan or a Kaleesh. I think everyone can agree that if we were able to play a Trandoshan, we'd most likely make them a Bounty Hunter, and there have been Kaleesh among the ranks of both the Sith and the Jedi, the most prominent one being Xalek, a companion to the Sith Inquisitor. With Trandoshan, there could be the chance for some exclusive dialogue in the Bounty Hunter story quest where the player and Mako infiltrate Fa'athra's Palace in order to steal Nem'ro's sponsorship token from another Trandoshan. Anyway, I would love to see both of these in the game, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd prefer to be a Trandoshan. Leave a like and rating if you also want one of these species, and if you're going to be a critic, just take it easy

So, something I like about the game is that every so often, there's new additions so it makes it that the game is never the same twice, especially when it comes to playable species. When I first started the game, Cathar and Togruta weren't even in the game, let alone Nautolins. Two species I've always loved and wanted a chance to play as are a Trandoshan or a Kaleesh. I think everyone can agree that if we were able to play a Trandoshan, we'd most likely make them a Bounty Hunter, and there have been Kaleesh among the ranks of both the Sith and the Jedi, the most prominent one being Xalek, a companion to the Sith Inquisitor. With Trandoshan, there could be the chance for some exclusive dialogue in the Bounty Hunter story quest where the player and Mako infiltrate Fa'athra's Palace in order to steal Nem'ro's sponsorship token from another Trandoshan. Anyway, I would love to see both of these in the game, but if I had to choose one or the other, I'd prefer to be a Trandoshan. Leave a like and rating if you also want one of these species, and if you're going to be a critic, just take it easy

That sounds good! Trandoshan is something I want to play as too now that I think about it! I love Bossk and Qyzen Fess!

I suppose a Kaleesh could have the same voice as humans... but what about Trandoshans? I'm a little skeptical there.

It would be a little hard to incorporate, but the Trandoshan could be one that learned Basic so they could talk to where most could understand him. What do you think?

Edited by ethanredmace

General Grievous was also a Kaleesh before his ship got shot down and Dooku made him a Kaleesh cyborg.

Edited by ethanredmace

As I said in the other thread for a species to be added the requirements are for them to speak basic, have kissable lips (due to romance scenes) and not be too short or too tall. Kaleesh I could see maybe working though it would have issues with the 2nd criteria due to the face masks... and the lips being weird. Trandoshans, most definitely not.

• 1 month later...

There are some Trandoshan in EU that speak Basic pretty well, as opposed to Bossk's hissing and overenuncation of Ss.

Heck, that one Trando scrapper in Clone Wars, and the new one in Bad Batch speak Basic fluently without hissing. So now we have precedense for those.

Only issue I can see is people complaining about their hands (and feet in Trando's case) which won't work with feet and hands. Let alone helmets.

I still don't agree with the "They must be kissable" restriction... but it's whatever I guess. Too difficult to add a flag to just turn the camera slightly (or even fade to black momentarily) during snogging with those races, I guess.

Edited by _Skorpeon

I think everyone can agree

It's very unlikely that *everyone* would agree that.

that if we were able to play a Trandoshan, we'd most likely make them a Bounty Hunter,

Dunno, hunting foes for money doesn't sound very honourable(1). Frankly, I'm not sure that any of the classes are good fits for Trandoshans from that sort of point of view.

So no, I don't agree.

and there have been Kaleesh among the ranks of both the Sith and the Jedi, the most prominent one being Xalek, a companion to the Sith Inquisitor.

Not to mention a certain cybernetically transformed Kaleesh called Grievous. (Who's probably far more prominent, having been in one of the *films*.)

With Trandoshan, there could be the chance for some exclusive dialogue in the Bounty Hunter story quest where the player and Mako infiltrate Fa'athra's Palace in order to steal Nem'ro's sponsorship token from another Trandoshan.

There would be *no* chance of that dialogue. They didn't fix the dialogue in KotFE Chapter VII when Thea comes on the holo to the Exalted (both Koth(2) and Senya say things that sound spectacularly stupid if you're a Nautolan), and playing a female Cathar Trooper turns practically the *entire* Aric Jorgan romance story into gibberish.

(1) Listen carefully to the things that Qyzen says, and pay attention to the sort of things that you can do that he likes or dislikes. Hunting weak enemies features high on the "disliked" list, as does "hunting for money". OK, sure, Qyzen is an epic idealist, but ...

(2) Koth's line could in theory be interpreted as him yanking your chain, but it's a bit of a stretch. Senya's line is just blatantly stupid.