About Spanish subtitles or translation

Locky_esp

Hi after some years, playing the game in English, i would know if there is any project to translate the game into the second languaje in the world, Spanish.

In the case there insn't any intention to do it, how can i translate the subtitles for spanish ppl? which files i need to use and of course how to place them into game folder to select them

• 1 year later...

i know translate cost a lot of money, but it would be nice if Bioware at least translate the subtitles (yellow system dialogs / subtitles in chat box) to get a better immersion to the game.

update.- Some dude on reddit used a OCR software designed to translate mangas on swtor, that looks like a decent option for static text (missions and lore), considering BW seems not interested at all to bring support to new languages.

--------

Un tipo en reddit usó un software OCR diseñado para traducir mangas en swtor, que parece una opción decente para texto estático (misiones y entradas de historia), considerando que BW no parece interesado en absoluto en brindar soporte a nuevos idiomas.

Edited by kysan

I know it but, It is not logical to discriminate against the second most spoken language on the planet and that it has been translated into German and French

Taki

Well unfortunately it is what it is, and as for them having German and French as I recall those countries have legislation that require products to be in their language to be sold there. Though I could be wrong, perhaps Bioware did market research and found out those two countries had good markets before the launch and decided it would be worth the effort to translate it. Perhaps its a law that I heard exists... though I'm not French nor German so my fellow forum posters can feel free to correct me.

Edited by FlameYOL