New playable species. Make all characters able to wield all weapon types.

ethanredmace

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. I believe Kaleesh, Voss, droid, Noghri, Tuskin, Rodian, Gand, Gormak, Yuzzhan Vong (but not called that since they haven't been discovered yet,) Nikto, Jawa, Muun, Toydarian, and Chagrin should become playable species. I understand not all of these will fit perfectly into the lore, unfortunately, but neither does a Chiss Sith or Jedi. It is implied the Sith Warrior is canonically a Sith pureblood or human through numerous dialog options on Korriban, but I believe the game should have more options to make the gameplay more fun besides the cool species we already have. Also, for Voss species, if they reach Voss, one dialog option could be added of a Voss saying, "You are Voss, but we never knew you. Welcome home, wayward child." There could also be a dialog option of brief resentment toward Voss and Gormak talking for the Gormak playable species. If these species aren't added, it's okay, but I would love to see them sometime during SWTOR's future if possible. Let me know if you agree or disagraee.

Also, this has been suggested by others on the forum, but I believe there should be a vendor or an option from trainers where all classes can wield all weapon types. However, they wouldn't be able to use the weapons perfectly since they aren't natural to the class it is being used on. What do you think? Thanks!

Edited by ethanredmace
to make it sound nicer.

They wont be able to wield all options probably the options that make the most sense to the class if they could even work that in at this point. I remember at one 1 point it was being strongly consider to open up weapons to feasible classes not all weapons to be able to be used by any class. They have dropped it because something about coding or something was the reason they stated or that it would be more trouble than its worth. So thats probably never going to happen.

They wont be able to wield all options probably the options that make the most sense to the class if they could even work that in at this point. I remember at one 1 point it was being strongly consider to open up weapons to feasible classes not all weapons to be able to be used by any class. They have dropped it because something about coding or something was the reason they stated or that it would be more trouble than its worth. So thats probably never going to happen.

It probably won't, but I appreciate your insight. Any species you think would be cool to play as?

Yuuzhan Vong? 3600 years before they even come to the galaxy? I don't think so.

It might be fun though, but I get what you mean. I just would like to play as one lol even if it doesn't make sense, but I appreciate your insight. It'd be hard to incorporate lore wise, even though it'd be cool if it somehow got done. What do you think of the other species suggestions?

Reminder that for a species to be able to be added to the character creator its required that they speak basic, have kissable lips and aren't too short or too tall due to the constraints of the height within the body sliders. And not all characters would be able to wield all weapon types, you'd have to significantly change a lot of the game's animations as well as some mechanics (for example Discharge requires a Double-Bladed Lightsaber/Lightsaber Pike) in order for this to work and this would be too great of an overhaul.

• 5 weeks later...
Yuuzhan Vong? 3600 years before they even come to the galaxy? I don't think so.

Canderous Ordo describes an encounter with an unknown alien craft that pretty much perfectly matches descriptions of vong coral craft. Was it an extremely early vong encounter? Unknown, but it does provide a possibility. But even as I bring it up, I hope to avoid the vong being reintroduced to star wars.