Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

beelzdaboss
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1001
I wonder how many pages this will reach before wave 3?!?

Karail
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1002
For those saying Euro servers are not up - thats not true my guild mates are online and playing on our euro server

Wargolem
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1003
I bet anything they are waiting for people to clear the starter areas.

Would be a horrible way to do lauch

Esp with legacy names being unique to those who reach chapter 1 first
Gun - Shrapnel - Wargolem
BH - IA

Chorizo
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by BlameHoffman View Post
Hands up if your pre-order was less than a month ago.

FML
*raises hand*

I'm not too worried about it. I'll get a good chunk of playtime in on the weekend if I get in by then, but I have vacation the week after Christmas and it'll be fully live by then. That's what I am really looking forward to! lol

JviviJ
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1005
Thx for the update.

chavoda
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1006
waves are soooo slow.. two waves in 5 hours whit only the first day origin pre-orders mostly (since they got the code faster then external retailers)
at this rate people who filled in the code in the first week might be done by day 3 :P

Hypernetic
12.13.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1007
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhyltran View Post
The game has almost 1,000,000 PHYSICAL NA pre-orders. Again, I'll post some interesting statistics.

Rift had 59,000 pre-orders during early access. According to Rift they had a total of 600,000 players during early access and most of their pre-orders came from digital sales. If 59,000 physical ended up 600,000 total.. well SWTOR has 939,000 physical...

There is no basis for claiming the ratio between physical and digital copies of Rift is equal to ToR.

Stormrigirl
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadenn View Post
What is up with all you whiner's? Keep in mind that they set up the pre-launch 2 DAYS AHEAD of what they originally planned. You'd all still be waiting for this game to open early on Thursday. God, how little people forget or let something so trivial frustrate them. Be thankful you are gonna get in, be it a couple hours later or whatever. Who cares if you are the first lvl 2 on the server and you disco'd the piece of scrap iron. I for one pre-ordered in november, so i have no misgivings or qualms of getting in later then everyone else. Show some gratitute and man up.
nice ..but the order is still first come first served...you are not earning yourself any Browne points....OH wait dear what's that on your nose...let me wipe that bioware off your nose buddy.

Chris-ti-annow
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by Oricular View Post
EA / Bioware: Spend the most money producing this MMO of any MMO to date.

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

.... wow.........

You say it's to monitor server load / stability...

We are to believe that wasn't accomplished during open beta & stress testing?... Have you not been aware of exactly how many pre-orders you've had between july-november for months now? (cumulatively, anyway...)..?

You didn't project how many servers or how much support you would need to handle your faithful PRE-ORDER customers?

I've never seen this before, and let me say, it does not speak well for things to come.

Strike 1 and I havn't even logged in yet.
Did you never seen this before? Did you played any MMO at the launch? WoW is an exemple of disaster at the day 1, even with months of open beta.

You´re right, I never seen this before. Because, none were so organized.

Remember, the launch is 12.20... early acess, is a Bonus.

Taomist
12.13.2011 , 09:28 AM | #1010
I originally asked for Monday the 19th off from work, just so I could get in on the last day of early-play, and then go happily to work on the 20th knowing that I'd had the joy of release day without dealing with the stress of release day.

But apparantly I'm more the kid on Christmas morn than I thought, 'cause I'm risking it all and taking today off instead, to see what's behind Door Number Two! As I didn't get my code in until 7-24 I might be out of luck but it's worth the anticipation.

My Christmas is early this year: as my sweetie got me the CE, I'm going to have some play time this weekend, at least, and then the order will arrive sometime next week in the mail...and I'm not allowed to open it until Christmas, lmao.
If my sweetie knows what's good for him, he'll open the box and get the code out at least, to activate the account. Otherwise he's in for a world of hurt, lol!
Ven Zallow Refugee