Going Dark

Hadsil

I do not play Fallen Jedi. It's not my thing. I always chose the Light option for my Knight and Consular. As a player I didn't really want to let Arcann and Scorpio live, but for these two I did. These are my Goody-Two-Shoes characters. No regrets. I love them.

For my second Knight and Consular I allowed myself flexibility. During the Class Story they still don't make any Dark Choices, but they can take a Neutral one if Light was available also. They can choose the wise guy and jerk dialogue options. However, this time, Arcann will not be redeemed. Scorpio will die. It will be hard to do, to have my Jedi take the Dark option, but I can only forgive so much. The billions Arcann had killed. Scorpio's betrayal exposing Odessen and then trying to kill me while fighting Arcann. No, this time they die. Hate to lose Senya, but this time I will choose to side with Yoda and Obi-Wan instead of Luke.

I haven't decided yet whether to kill Saresh or imprison her again. I'll likely have her imprisoned. Her crime is severe, but it's not genocidal. All my other characters, including Smuggler and Trooper, can kill her easily.

Still, when my Jedi make the Dark choice, I will shudder.

• 2 months later...

Alright, my second Jedi Knight did not let Arcann live. Killed Senya. It was sad. For my second Jedi Consular, however, I couldn't do it. I kept thinking about his class story. he is the Barsenthor. He did redeem fallen Jedi. I already played my second Knight, Sith Warrior, and Sith Inquisitor killing Arcann. Definitely dark tones. I wasn't in the mood again. I wanted something upbeat.

Learning the final lesson with Satele, I let Arcann live and will play out his Redemption. In my first 8 characters, 7 let Arcann redeem, one killed him. I'll do the reverse with my second 8. Seven kills, Consular will be my redeemer. Scorpio will always die. No question. No problem. I loathe her. However, while my Knight let IT'S MINISTER Lorman and Saresh live my Consular killed them. They committed direct attacks on his life and the Alliance. These are his first Dark choices. Scorpio's death is coming soon.

Alright, my second Jedi Knight did not let Arcann live. Killed Senya. It was sad. For my second Jedi Consular, however, I couldn't do it. I kept thinking about his class story. he is the Barsenthor. He did redeem fallen Jedi. I already played my second Knight, Sith Warrior, and Sith Inquisitor killing Arcann. Definitely dark tones. I wasn't in the mood again. I wanted something upbeat.

Learning the final lesson with Satele, I let Arcann live and will play out his Redemption. In my first 8 characters, 7 let Arcann redeem, one killed him. I'll do the reverse with my second 8. Seven kills, Consular will be my redeemer. Scorpio will always die. No question. No problem. I loathe her. However, while my Knight let IT'S MINISTER Lorman and Saresh live my Consular killed them. They committed direct attacks on his life and the Alliance. These are his first Dark choices. Scorpio's death is coming soon.

They thing with killing Arcann, I feel if you do that, the scene is just terrible. You give a speech that sounds tyrannical.

There is no prison option. You kill Senya if you want to bring him into justice.

The option in this aspect of the story, just sucks. :/

When I play darkside, I take the Dooku approach - no more bloodletting than is actually necessary. Honestly, taken as a whole, the canonical Sith we're all pretty much lawful evil - Anakin went berserk right there at the start (and paid an extremely hefty price), but the general life of darkside practitioners was to only kill with a purpose - not just wantonly slaughter everyone.

Far too many of the dark choices in this game make no sense from a narrative perspective, and that's why they feel so wrong - it's Anakin slaughtering younglings, and not Vader choking out Ozzle because he was pretentious and worthless. Try being evil only when it's actually called for, and your dark characters provide more satisfaction. Even Vader had the good sense to stop Boba Fett from shooting Chewbacca because it could have made it very difficult to freeze Solo, thereby undermining his ability to test the carbonite chamber. If you're reasonable rather than depraved, you'll have more enjoyable outcomes.

Edited by AJediKnight

I'm a soft-Roleplayer, so I find it helps if I figure out WHY my character is Dark Side aligned and make decisions based on that; former slave, ex-military discovered to be Force Sensitive, freelance agitator or would-be crime boss forced to work for the Empire, Trooper who agrees with Garza that the end justifies any means, etc. and then make my choices based on that.

It can make things interesting since you don't end up just going Dark-Dark-Dark for choices, but thinking which option fits the character you've made better.

(Think canon; Palpatine was a kindly grandfatherly figure, a mentor and confidant to Anakin, appearing to be Light Side, until he had Vader firmly in his clutches and became the cold and brutal Master towards him.)