Romance with Lord Scourge

ForceOfFinland

Yeah, as a female who typically plays female characters looking for m/f romances, it's easy for me to find plenty of romance options (helloooo Cullen/Theron/Garrus/Alistair/Jaal/Thane), so I get where you're coming from. But, like I said, others aren't so lucky, and that's a shame. Game makers unfortunately have budgets, so either some folks go unhappy, or they go the cheap route with "playersexual" romances in an effort to make as many people as possible happy. Again, not so realistic, but it's a compromise.

In terms of bisexual characters, rather than "playersexual," I'd say that the only one I can think of who actually talks about an active interest in both men and women is Zevran (Does Iron Bull? I can't remember, but I don't think so). I loved that he actually talks about it. All the others just use the same dialogue for both males and females, making no differentiation (a la DA:2 or Theron/Koth/Lana). Granted, it's not something that typically comes up as an everyday conversation topic in a relationship (speaking from personal experience as my hubby is bi), but it's still a known element. I'm rambling, lol.

I don't know if iron bull does, I've only ever heard him talk about females, supposedly he originally was meant for female Qunari only but later made pansexual. He doesn't ever mention males to my memory, except for when he's with Dorian. Even when you're a guy romancing him and he talks about the sex he's had, it was never about guys. Shrugs!

I'm the opposite, I think everything multisex sucks and removes diversity. I like Dragon Age Inquisition's set up best.

I'm all for inclusion, but I like it when characters have preferences. They may not be real people, but sexual preference adds a lot to a characters identity and when everything becomes multisex, it ruins that. SWTOR should have started with gay and bisexual companions from the start alongside straight ones but because of stupid people that didn't happen and it sucks.

But I do understand for swtor keeping everything multisex is the cheapest way to do things and the easiest. Therefore I think this is something they'll stick with. I don't support it, but it's nothing to cry over.:)

I feel I now need to clarify that I only think that way because this is an mmo, I see the discussion past it went to single player games, where I am all for the gated and more diverse types of romances. An mmo, especially one with already so many romances they are struggling to make content for, in my honest opinion should stick with all-for-all. rather then the gating, but only because mmo. If this was a single player game I'd be thinking the way you do, but also feel that they haven't made any of their characters here lesser because anyone can romance, I think the wrote the romances of Theron and Lana at least brilliantly, so far. Koth got like no content after he had the kill option so I'm far more iffy about that romance, I did enjoy a ton of the class LI's though too but those are gated...

Edited by Asmodesu

I feel I now need to clarify that I only think that way because this is an mmo, I see the discussion past it went to single player games, where I am all for the gated and more diverse types of romances. An mmo, especially one with already so many romances they are struggling to make content for, in my honest opinion should stick with all-for-all. rather then the gating, but only because mmo. If this was a single player game I'd be thinking the way you do, but also feel that they haven't made any of their characters here lesser because anyone can romance, I think the wrote the romances of Theron and Lana at least brilliantly, so far. Koth got like no content after he had the kill option so I'm far more iffy about that romance, I did enjoy a ton of the class LI's though too but those are gated...

I don't see why it being an mmo means romances should be FFA, it's kind of like saying story should be one size fits all too because it's an mmo. And nobody is happy with that. So I don't agree with that stance. But yes Lana and Theron did have a more meaningful romance than the rest did. I know it won't ever be like that for anyone else.

Thank you for replies, guys, i can tell that i feel much more optimistic after them! :) I ll go to Suggestion forum and claim it. Hopefully it ll become reality soon, so i can have my red guy lover! Naughty, naaaughty isnt it!? :rak_03:

Also i have seen some girls playing this game, but i still think they are pretty rare. Would like to meet them more often, even among my friends in real life (who sometimes mock me when i say that i play mmo :D), but time will show whats the destiny. :)

Where are you hanging around? Reddit is seen as masculine place, but this is an rpg/mmo, you can never know who's behind the usernames or toons. There's friendly community on twitter and then of course tumblr is popular with women - if you or anyone else wishes to find girls to play with make tumblr or twitter.

RPGs and star wars in general has always been quite popular among women, I think most people I play with and interact outside game are women... I even know more Finnish girls that play than boy Finns.

And Scourge... BRING HIM BACK ALREADY! Maybe a chapter based on the concept of us helping undo the ritual and... romance him. :D

Edited by LordCuddlesy
very many verys

I've wanted Scourge as an option for my Knight since I made him. When he comes back there are many reasons he could be made a romance option finally, especially if he's been able to break the ritual and end his immortality and inability to feel (though considering he feels anger and such as it is, it's not a huge leap to have him feel other emotions.)

Though much like Arcann, if either were made romanceable, I'd hope they'd be available to both genders, m/m and f/m have yet to have a force user male romance and it's about time they finally did.

• 2 years later...

I too wish you could romance him with more than only the Jedi class.

My SW would Love to have a man that actually hasn't tried to kill her during the story (staring at quinn, arcann) (that little incident on M. was only a test, ammiright?) I mean, she can head-canon that she's still with Pierce, but Scourge is just …. so..... awesome....

• 1 month later...

Very glad that it finally happened in 6.0 and I hope they keep giving us conversations with Scourge in 6.X patches. Both regarding the Emperor and the relationship itself. I especially desire some fanservice for Dark Side Knights and Scourge pushing them towards the passion and Way of the Sith. ;)

(And also discussion with the Wrath about the Emperor)

Hey don't forget about Khem Val short live romance with the Inquisitor too! :rolleyes:

Honestly I wish there was more freedom with these romances... But omg Lord Scourge... now you pick my interest, just like Khem Val I never picture him as a romance option until now! :eek:

If they did it with Khem, I'm sure they can totally do it with Scourge! I just hope is not one of does romances that end up nowhere in the continuing stories. :D

• 1 year later...