Game Update 7.1.1

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you a snapshot overview of the next update that’s coming, Game Update 7.1.1, which is currently targeting a Fall 2022 release:

• Galactic Seasons 3! We will have more details available at a later time, but we can share that this upcoming season is Galactic Gaming themed.
  • Feast of Prosperity Event returns with new rewards
  • Features for Outfitter for ability to name and favorite outfits
  • Conquest objectives for the Manaan Daily Area
  • Class balance changes (see below for more details)

It’s important to note that this release could change in terms of timeline and the above content includes what is currently slated for this update at the time of this post.

I know that many of you were wondering about the release of Galactic Seasons 3 in particular, and I’m happy to share that its release is targeted for this upcoming update. We’re looking forward to sharing additional details soon, so be on the lookout for more info soon!

As stated in an earlier dev post, there will not be a phase of PTS for this update, however, please see the 7.1.1 Balance post that Chris Durel created that offers more insights into our plans for class balance changes. If you have any feedback, we encourage you to share your thoughts in the linked thread.

We also have seen the feedback players have provided for the R-4 bosses. The team is focusing on making adjustments to the following for 7.1.1:

• Reducing IP-CPT’s health on Veteran so the DPS check isn’t as demanding
  • Adjusting the difficulty in the Overgrown Hallways to be less deadly in Story Mode
  • Reduce Lady Dominique’s health slightly in Story Mode
  • Damage from Nihrot is no longer reflectable
  • Nihrot suppression grenades should no longer get caught up in the ceiling tentacles
  • The issues some players are experiencing with IP-CPT falling into the floor

While these seem to be the most common reports we are seeing for the bosses, we do welcome additional feedback. If you are reporting difficulty you are experiencing with any of the R-4 bosses, please also include details of the gear you are using.

Lastly, access to the Collector’s Edition vendor has been highly requested over the years, so we are creating a path for players to access this vendor with the purchase of an access pass that can be obtained from the Cartel Market. Once the item is consumed, it will unlock the ability to speak to the CE vendor, grant access to the VIP area where the vendor is located, and it will unlock account-wide. Below are the items that are available on the vendor:

• 7 companion customizations (Ashara Zavros, 3x Deshade, Kaliyo Djannis, Mako, Vette)
  • 5 pieces of the Imperial Trooper armor set
  • 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 2 Statue stronghold decorations
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

We will share more details about Game Update 7.1.1 in future forum posts and articles, so stay tuned for more!

Jackie

• Thanks 1

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you a snapshot overview of the next update that’s coming, Game Update 7.1.1, which is currently targeting a Fall 2022 release:

• Galactic Seasons 3! We will have more details available at a later time, but we can share that this upcoming season is Galactic Gaming themed.

It’s important to note that this release could change in terms of timeline and the above content includes what is currently slated for this update at the time of this post.

I know that many of you were wondering about the release of Galactic Seasons 3 in particular, and I’m happy to share that its release is targeted for this upcoming update. We’re looking forward to sharing additional details soon, so be on the lookout for more info soon!

As stated in an earlier dev post, there will not be a phase of PTS for this update, however, please see the 7.1.1 Balance post that Chris Durel created that offers more insights into our plans for class balance changes. If you have any feedback, we encourage you to share your thoughts in the linked thread.

We also have seen the feedback players have provided for the R-4 bosses. The team is focusing on making adjustments to the following for 7.1.1:

• Adjusting the difficulty in the Overgrown Hallways to be less deadly in Story Mode
  • Nihrot suppression grenades should no longer get caught up in the ceiling tentacles

While these seem to be the most common reports we are seeing for the bosses, we do welcome additional feedback. If you are reporting difficulty you are experiencing with any of the R-4 bosses, please also include details of the gear you are using.

Lastly, access to the Collector’s Edition vendor has been highly requested over the years, so we are creating a path for players to access this vendor with the purchase of an access pass that can be obtained from the Cartel Market. Once the item is consumed, it will unlock the ability to speak to the CE vendor, grant access to the VIP area where the vendor is located, and it will unlock account-wide. Below are the items that are available on the vendor:

• 7 companion customizations (Ashara Zavros, 3x Deshade, Kaliyo Djannis, Mako, Vette)
  • 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

We will share more details about Game Update 7.1.1 in future forum posts and articles, so stay tuned for more!

Jackie

Thanks for the update, I'm looking forward to seeing what season 3 has to offer.

Couple of questions:

1) Will we get previews of the things coming in S3 and to the CM closer to the time?

2) A highly requested feature has been the ability to alter weapon sounds, such as a lightsaber's ignition sound. Is that still on the cards for the outfitter, if you know?

Hi everyone,

• 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

Jackie

Oh, this is cool! Any chance it might also include the yellow/back crystal (or even the green/black one from the preorder bonus)?

• Like 1

• 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

Hey Jackie,

first of all, love the post and that you do some Operations balance work, thank you for that! Now for my question: Is there a possibility that players who bought the 7.0 version of the Collectors Edition ( "Legacy of the Sith Digital Collector’s Edition" ) will get the aforementioned Cartel Item that unlocks the CE Vendor for free? It would immensely increase the value of the purchase for players who committed towards you during the rough launch of 7.0 as you decided against adding access to the CE vendor at the time of sale, probably because this was already a planned thing. Can we get any clarification or statement on that? :)

Thank you!

Edited by Taminoful
typo

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you a snapshot overview of the next update that’s coming, Game Update 7.1.1, which is currently targeting a Fall 2022 release.

Thanks for the update Jackie.

But... 7.2?

Can you make any comment? Is it slated for after 7.1.1? At the minimum can you please comment if it is still happening?

I don't think it's possible to be any less communicative of a promiss.

Edited by septru
  • Like 3

To call this "content" is definitely a bad joke.

These are fixes and balance changes.

And the return of an old event.

No new content whatsoever.

And no I see a new season NOT as new content.

Sorry.

Edited by ARFett
  • Like 1

Oh, this is cool! Any chance it might also include the yellow/back crystal (or even the green/black one from the preorder bonus)?

The pre-order crystal is the yellow/black one. The green/black was from the (expensive) Swtor-branded Razer peripherals. Making that one available might run afoul of contract issues.

Sorry.

Galactic Season 3 may not be new content for you. Fair enough. Not all content is for everyone.

For many, though, it is new content. There were plenty of people asking in chat about when the GS3 would start after GS2 ended. Hopefully, a variety of content will be released to appeal all the different parts of the player base. (With the caveat that there's never enough content released to suit the 'content locusts'.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone,

• 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

Jackie

There are only 100 days left in the year and we're expected to believe this is coming out this year?

Sorry.

I sadly have to agree. A release date of Fall is not terribly informative either. Autumn is 3 months long, during that time trees will have their leaves turn a fantastic array of colours and some will shed every last one of them...while observing this natural event which normally seems slow it is like travelling in hyperspace when you compare it next to what is planned here.

I think I'll go outside.

• Like 1

The over all health of IP-CPT isn't the thing that makes the DPS check tight, it's the two big droids that spawn duing mines phases with over 2mil hp each.

The best fix for the fight would be to reduce the HP of everything so you only need 4 good dps to clear it, make the big bombs that go out while IP-CPT is down hit much harder and make it so they always target the two highest threat players (idea here being more damage always going to the same two people makes it so those people need to be tanks). This way tanks are actually useful in the fight and you don't have to balance the HP of everything around 5- 6 DPS

Edited by Capton_tagon

[snip]

• 4 Dye Modules
  • 3 Pets
  • 1 'Scanner' helmet

That's what is on the Empire vendor. The Republic vendor has different companion customizations: Aric Jorgan, Corso Riggs, Qyzen, and T7.

One suggestion, make all the customizations Bind to Legacy instead of Bind on Pickup since companions can end up working with someone of the opposite faction once our characters start recruiting people in KotFE/KoTET.

Galactic Season 3 may not be new content for you. Fair enough. Not all content is for everyone.

For many, though, it is new content. There were plenty of people asking in chat about when the GS3 would start after GS2 ended. Hopefully, a variety of content will be released to appeal all the different parts of the player base. (With the caveat that there's never enough content released to suit the 'content locusts'.)

No no no. It is NOT new content. It's new REWARDS for playing the SAME OLD DEAD CONTENT!

• Like 1

The over all health of IP-CPT isn't the thing that makes the DPS check tight, it's the two big droids that spawn duing mines phases with over 2mil hp each.

The best fix for the fight would be to reduce the HP of everything so you only need 4 good dps to clear it, make the big bombs that go out while IP-CPT is down hit much harder and make it so they always target the two highest threat players (idea here being more damage always going to the same two people makes it so those people need to be tanks). This way tanks are actually useful in the fight and you don't have to balance the HP of everything around 5- 6 DPS

How about make it so you don't have to be moving 100% of the fight as a DPS. You don't have to make it so no one moves... but the uptime on the boss in that fight is lower than 50% because of all the JUNK everyone has to dance around.

No no no. It is NOT new content. It's new REWARDS for playing the SAME OLD DEAD CONTENT!

For you? Sure, that's fine to think of it that way. As I said, not all content is for everyone or you (or me, for that matter).

To repeat myself, not everyone would agree with you, though. Given how successful Galactic Seasons are, I would say many do view it as new content. Anyway, have fun arguing what is or is not content. I find those disagreements unfulfilling to continue.

• Like 1

It would depend on the items you can get with your tokens. I still have fifteen tokens from the last one. Why? Because I have all the companions and there is nothing on the vendor that I need or want. I also have both strongholds so what is the sense of having tokens you can't spend? They forget that there are some people that already have most of the items they place on the vendor so the tokens I cannot use so I can't get any more unless I spend them and spend them on what?

• Like 1

Will there be a fix to the door being closed after you kill first boss so we no longer have to use a sniper to knockback over the gap in order to activate the train to get to the 2nd boss when we have a lockout?

Any word of it there will be a fix to Lord Kannoth in hardmode when you first enter and pull but his lateral growth cast will not show the yellow arrows on the player that is targetted with it unless you have the group alt + f4 and relog after clearing the hallway and entering his room? Pretty annoying to have to relog just to be able to see lateral growth yellow arrows when he casts.

It would depend on the items you can get with your tokens. I still have fifteen tokens from the last one. Why? Because I have all the companions and there is nothing on the vendor that I need or want. I also have both strongholds so what is the sense of having tokens you can't spend? They forget that there are some people that already have most of the items they place on the vendor so the tokens I cannot use so I can't get any more unless I spend them and spend them on what?

Yup, same for me.

Content, wether you like it or not, is classified as "things in the game". A new weapon, even a single one, is "new content" by definition. Hell, even if they made a new tree model and planted it somewhere anyone rarely goes, it would still be "new content added to the game". You may not like it, you may not want to call it content, but it is. Don't get me wrong,I don't think GS3 is what most of us want to see, considering what they told us last year would happen this year and what we've gotten so far. But it is content. Just not the content you, or I, want.