Can we just get rid of FP-1 and OP-1 materials now ?

Loc_n_lol

They seem to have served their purpose, which was to make the gearing a bit slower at the start of 7.0, but by now I think a good portion of endgame players are fully geared, and capped on those 2 currencies with nothing to spend them on. And the rest of the players don't need additional roadblocks to getting geared.

How about just converting them to tech fragments and discreetly forgetting about those currencies ?

Actually we could also replace the conquest medals by tech fragments. Maybe even the daily mats too. Why do I have to do dailies anyway ? Why can't I just do more group content instead ?

Also MM FPs could really use more tech frag drops, as legacy content goes they're not really worth doing compared to, say, sm ops, even though they're fun and far more challenging, but they just take a long time for weak rewards.

I imagine when Swtor eventually shutters and the archivists of the MMO genre weave the tale of its rise and fall, the currency changes alone implemented at the start of this expansion will have earned their own section. I have no idea how any team could fumble so hard, and this wasn't the case of there simply being not enough time, or a lack of focus. It was a clumsy attempt at padding out a grind that months before its premiere inspired disdain, doom and gloom.

Alas, they're more likely to ride this out for the foreseeable future because the norm in MMOs is to gradually become less restrictive with gearing and power over the course of any expansion. Unfortunately, the other norm in MMOs is to be responsive to inadequacies and outcry about unenjoyable parts of the experience in a timely manner, but I'm not hopeful they'll do anything about this or other more pressing issues until after all the damage is done.

It is... I guess 'interesting' is the most polite word...that they spent so much work and hype on 'streamlining' combat & skill trees, while at the same time adding (or re-adding) layers of complexity to gearing.

With apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson: Whether one has a little mind or not, consistency is not always foolish.

Edited by Lord_Thorne