Both weekly PO’s are operations

TrixxieTriss

Please explain how both weeklies are operations. That’s really not fair if you don’t do operations because you only get one reset.

My wife got exactly the same thing and I can’t repeat what she said about the devs here. Let me just say I’ve rarely seen her so pissed off at this game or directing things at the devs.

GS is rubbish as it is. Full of bugs and not enough freedom for people who don’t do certain activities. It really should be pulled until it’s better, but we know they won’t. So we have 2 options refuse to participate or miss out on many points.

My understanding is that if we are subbed and doing even just the dailies, we will complete the season way ahead of schedule. In other words, we don't have to do everything available to do. The next season doesn't start automatically after we personally complete the season. So there is no extra reason to finish early.

I know we tend to race through things, but it really isn't necessary with GS.

Please explain how both weeklies are operations. That’s really not fair if you don’t do operations because you only get one reset.

My wife got exactly the same thing and I can’t repeat what she said about the devs here. Let me just say I’ve rarely seen her so pissed off at this game or directing things at the devs.

GS is rubbish as it is. Full of bugs and not enough freedom for people who don’t do certain activities. It really should be pulled until it’s better, but we know they won’t. So we have 2 options refuse to participate or miss out on many points.

This is really annoying.

I suggest putting something in that allows us to block Operations from being the weekly altogether. I have no intention or desire to do them ever. I rerolled the group finder Vet FP weekly (as they were all FPs I hate) and ended up with both weeklies being Ops so 24 GS points are unobtainable for me this week :mad:

Devs, we did feed this back during PTS. I was really hoping the option to tick a box to have soloer-friendly weeklies only would make it to live.

At the very least, allow any uncompleted weeklies to be rerolled on the daily reset. Or at the very, very least, bring forward unlock-by-in-game-credits so I can avoid this whole mess completely.

My understanding is that if we are subbed and doing even just the dailies, we will complete the season way ahead of schedule. In other words, we don't have to do everything available to do. The next season doesn't start automatically after we personally complete the season. So there is no extra reason to finish early.

Sure if your doing dailies every day.

5 Month, 20 weeks (rough). 20x8 = 160

3 days a week play...get both 3points, 1 login day you just login to get week reward, 3x6points = 18 points a week 20x18 =360

=520 total

5 days x6 points x20 =600+160 still 40 short.

So ignore the apologists, unless your willing to spend $$ or Credits (later) your going to either have to engage in PVP or play 5-6 days a week and be subscribed.

Please stop asking for band-aids - the objectives need to be simplified to something like 'complete n daily missions / CQ objectives or 'gain n CQ points' with weeklies 'complete n weekly missions / CQ objectives' or 'gain n CQ points'.

We don't need more convoluted logic that just serves to push more crap content we don't enjoy as objectives.

Instead, we should be encouraged to play and complete whatever content we enjoy as that is what will keep players coming back, not being given random, bugged, and unwanted chores every day.

Please stop asking for band-aids - the objectives need to be simplified to something like 'complete n daily missions / CQ objectives or 'gain n CQ points' with weeklies 'complete n weekly missions / CQ objectives' or 'gain n CQ points'.

We don't need more convoluted logic that just serves to push more crap content we don't enjoy as objectives.

Instead, we should be encouraged to play and complete whatever content we enjoy as that is what will keep players coming back, not being given random, bugged, and unwanted chores every day.

Agreed. This was mentioned on the PTS but they chose to ignore that. Hopefully they will listen this time.

Both weekly PO's? I only have one weekly (+ 2 dailies). Am I missing something?

There's currently a bug where some people (e.g. you) only receive one weekly PO. Trixxie's wife is one of the (dare I say it) lucky ones who actually got two. Sure, two the same (whence Trixxie's complaint), but two all the same.

For what it's worth, I got two *different* weeklies this week.

System's got more bugs than a bait store.

-- Kevin Flynn.

Yeah but that way requires you login 4 times a week and also do every daily. And if we were able to play every day that wouldn’t be an issue. But we can’t always play every day and in the coming weeks we will be unavailable to play for a few weeks. After which we won’t have any buffer if we have something else come up.

If the system worked properly without bugs it would help too. I’m already a week behind in one weekly because mine bugged out last week when I rerolled and it said I auto completed but got no points. My wife is now behind a week this week because she doesn’t do operations and I’ll probably be behind too because I don’t like them either.

Let’s also not forget that some of the dailies are also still bugged. She had the Rishi daily / section x mixed up daily the other day that wouldn’t complete.

So even if the system worked perfectly, which we all know it doesn’t and is full of bugs, we still have the issue of getting double the same thing we don’t play and only one reroll that may or may not be broken. Then we have to play every daily till it finishes to complete it. That doesn’t take into account how many other broken dailies or weeklies there will be between then and now.

I’ve tried contacting CS regarding the broken quests and missing out on points and they really don’t seem to care.

Agreed too!

Maybe that one weekly PO explains why no one is doing Starfighter they got the PVP one.

Pvp was dead last night too after I rerolled and got the weekly pvp one. I literally had to wait 25-30 minutes for each pop and then I got arena. That was in lvl 75 too, not lowbies.

There's currently a bug where some people (e.g. you) only receive one weekly PO. Trixxie's wife is one of the (dare I say it) lucky ones who actually got two. Sure, two the same (whence Trixxie's complaint), but two all the same.

-- Kevin Flynn.

I have had two weekly and two daily, well every day. So not sure whats happening that some of you only getting one.

Operations aside, none of the weekly are good for me, it's all group stuff which I don't do. The daily ones are an even split beween solo stuff, and group such as starfighter (which even if it was solo, would not do) and warzones. Very often the re-roll go's from group stuff to another group activerty. So not just unfair to the OP. Many of us feel the same way.

This is not a shock however as all of these events have tried to get more into doing group stuff, DvL was just the same, the next one , be that season two or something totally differant, will again try to do the same.

The fact that you have threads called

"What I Hate About Galactic Seasons in One PVP Match"

and

"Galactic Seasons + PvP = A Bad Combo"

Both thread posters clearly have tried group stuff sololy for GS' also shows that like or not, BW have made at least some players try it. So from their point of view it working.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

You know what's fun?

Doing story contents.

Fulfilling Achievements I am interested and can be done alone.

Doing Operations/Achievement with my new found guild with great people.

You know what's not fun?

Killing 75 bugs.

Doing contents I hate, in this case, GS and PvP.

Apparently, BW doesn't know.

For CQ, we can pretty much do our own things and still reach 50k and get the reward.

But for PO, we are forced to do things we hate in order to get the reward.

Yes, we can ignore it, but that's hardly rewarding isn't it? Not to mention inaccessibility. Many people don't want to suffer the mental and/or physical stress with PvP, OP, FP, and GS because let's face it, PvP is toxic, OP and FP needs intense focus and skill check (compared to solo contents), GS is a mess. Tell me why it is a good idea to make a system that focus on punishing those who don't want to follow BW's "We'll make you feel bad if you choose to ignore the contents we want you to play" mentality? Where's "play as you wish"?

-- Kevin Flynn.

Or maybe reminiscent of this place:

Or maybe reminiscent of this place:

Buzzie! Be careful in the age of the Internet. Everyone now knows what you look like and that you are the manager of the Happiness Hotel. :rak_03:

As to substance of this thread, agreed with pretty much everything said and general thrust. But my response has been to ignore GS, but I'm biased b/c I find the rewards so lackluster and I'm not going to play content I don't enjoy.

For whatever reason, the devs seem hell bent on trying to steer us into certain activities. That, as noted earlier, is a band-aid solution, but not surprising given the focus of the current development team. Keep in mind, this is the same dev team which took 5 months to fix the main story (Spirit of Vengeance), but bragged about new levels of Augments and Amplifier changes. :rolleyes:

:csw_jabba:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Every time that World of Warcraft sold or gave out Character Boosts (which would automatically make a character Level 70, Level 80, Level 90, or whatever), it created a huge amount of frustration among veteran end-game players, because it meant that group content was going to be flooded with players who bought their high-level characters, and were going in with mediocre equipment and, more importantly, NO IDEA how to actually play the characters.

What Star Wars : The Old Republic is doing here isn't much different. They're essentially bribing players to participate in group content that the players have no interest in. And because they have no interest in it, they also have never acquired any real knowledge or skill for it.

I agree with the people who say that this ruins the content for the players who actually want to do it. My character might be Level 75 with solid gear, but believe me, you don't want me as an ally in PVP or in an Operation.

You know what's fun?

Doing story contents.

Fulfilling Achievements I am interested and can be done alone.

Doing Operations/Achievement with my new found guild with great people.

You know what's not fun?

Killing 75 bugs.

Doing contents I hate, in this case, GS and PvP.

Apparently, BW doesn't know.

For CQ, we can pretty much do our own things and still reach 50k and get the reward.

But for PO, we are forced to do things we hate in order to get the reward.

Yes, we can ignore it, but that's hardly rewarding isn't it? Not to mention inaccessibility. Many people don't want to suffer the mental and/or physical stress with PvP, OP, FP, and GS because let's face it, PvP is toxic, OP and FP needs intense focus and skill check (compared to solo contents), GS is a mess. Tell me why it is a good idea to make a system that focus on punishing those who don't want to follow BW's "We'll make you feel bad if you choose to ignore the contents we want you to play" mentality? Where's "play as you wish"?

They know - which makes what they are doing with season all the more damning.

They are preying on player FOMO, and not only that, trying to monetize that FOMO.

As I said in another thread, the big question is whether this pays off for Bioware in the medium to long term.

I have one foot out the door and will not be supporting season with money in any way, but I could be an outlier.

For all I know, most players may be willing to just hand Bioware their cash and / or keep paying for the privilege of doing whatever Bioware decides to stick in the objecitves.

Edited by DawnAskham

Notice the forum consensus seems to be very all-or-nothing and I don't understand why it can't be BOTH... there should be a reasonable number of objectives we can reach just playing but there should also be things that take us out of our comfort zone if we want to get ahead and race through the season. One suggestion I made to the devs is adding some personal conquest tiers to regular conquest... like making "reach 1mil conquest points on a single character" a weekly GS objective available to everyone. At the moment there's no incentive to go beyond 50k conquest and move on to an alt (which is advantageous to those of us with lots of alts but also crowds up guilds).

It really is not a race. So what if you don't reach the full 15 GS tokens in one season? Can they not be carried forward into another season? Are they not cumulative? Do they reset? Is there an achievement for reaching the max number of points each season? Am I missing something here(?) because it really does just seem like everyone wants all the points asap and that is all the complaining is about.

Personally, I'd like to see this entire reroll aspect removed... just give us ALL the weekly objectives every week and only the first two count towards the total... that still forces either Ops, GSF, Vet FP, or Warzones... none of which I really want to do on a regular basis. I don't mind the Ops one if it lines up with what/when my guild is running but I'm not doing a PuG. I avoid Vet FP and Warzones with strangers although I'm happy to run that content with game friends and not through group finder... so really as it stands, GSF is the only weekly I'm willing to do consistently; if that were to go away, I'm just going to accept the fact that I won't be completing that many weeklies during the season. If all were available every week, at least I'd get credit when I do run ops with my guild(s) which currently isn't even guaranteed.

They know - which makes what they are doing with season all the more damning.

They are preying on player FOMO, and not only that, trying to monetize that FOMO.

As I said in another thread, the big question is whether this pays off for Bioware in the medium to long term.

I have one foot out the door and will not be supporting season with money in any way, but I could be an outlier.

For all I know, most players may be willing to just hand Bioware their cash and / or keep paying for the privilege of doing whatever Bioware decides to stick in the objecitves.

We won’t be handing any extra cash over as we already have to pay an extra $42 combined every month to pay for WTFast since BioWare moved the servers to the east coast.

Once apon a time, we use to spend extra $$ to buy CC. But I’ve not spent any extra since they moved the servers and I never will. Especially with such lack lustre care for player enjoyment. Half the time I’m trying to justify paying for a sub.

I made a thread pushing for a way to avoid having to do a particular activity in GS.

I was happy with the reroll system until I saw it in practice. There are too few different quests and rerolls often get me the same quests as the day before. With the bugged objectives and the badly thought out ones (hello shaclaws), one reroll does not cut it. I do not even mind random quests, but having to do the same quests in a row or having to deal with the above...that takes the fun out of it.

And since I do not do OPS, I cannot risk rerolling weeklies unless it is the OPS one. So that gives me no choice regarding the weekly objectives.

With a better system, de rerolls might have worked (for me). But as it is...I need more to keep me motivated. More rerolls wont make it a better system or more fun quests. They need to rethink this GS system entirely.

Edited by Gokkus

I've been trying every day all week to get in on an op to complete my PO. Hasn't happened so far. This is no fun. Not by a long stretch. I've logged off in frustration a lot lately. Not nice BioWare. Edited by Aghasett