Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Some Carnage Alacrity Numbers Testing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
Some Carnage Alacrity Numbers Testing

phalczen
04.14.2021 , 04:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikzdeh View Post
If you have a link for the data i am gladly take a look at it.

Not sure combat log parsing is a good indicator, a 1sec lag delay on connection bring your data off by 10x 0,1sec. What could result in your number being higher.
I don't have it stored on the web but here is one thread:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ultiple&page=5

You may have to go back a page.

The only way to test if the GCD is working is by hitting the dummy and parsing the combat logs. In a pvp environment where lag and latency may be high, your mileage may vary of course, but if you want to know if something is working, parsing is the only way to do that.

Anyway, I guess I don't really understand what you are asking anymore, since you clearly thought the tooltip for Berserk was displaying the global cooldown and not its own cooldown.

EDIT: Also I don't really play my sentinel/marauder that much and I know even less about Carnage in particular.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Ikzdeh
04.15.2021 , 03:47 AM | #12
i done some parsing tests with 11,4% alacrity and you seem to be right, that i am unable to reach a 1,3gcd up untill 15,4%.

What a odd game design, that casts scale below its own gcd if not reaching a breakpoint.
xD

phalczen
04.16.2021 , 10:49 AM | #13
So, now that we have that out of the way ...

If you want to have enough alacrity rating so that, including your Carnage 3% discipline buff, you have 20% alacrity percentage normally and 50% under Berserk, then you will need about 3728 alacrity rating to do that. That's certainly possible, but you may have to sacrifice some accuracy to maintain enough critical rating. If you are trying to burst down a player in a few global cooldowns you need high critical rating to do that. Many players sacrifice the usually obligatory 110% accuracy for something less, just realize this will result in some misses against sages and sorcs who have 10% defense chance as opposed to the 5% of other classes.

With a global cooldown of 1 second during Berserk, it can be useful to ensure that abilties with cast times or channel times occur over the same number of global cooldowns as they would without Berserk, so that the flow of your rotation isn't interrupted. For example, the base channel duration of Force Choke with 0 alacrity percentage is 1.5 seconds and its ability cooldown is 60 seconds. That means its channel duration is exactly the same as one GCD. But, individual ability cooldowns round to the nearest hundredth of a second, so alacrity ratings in-between normal GCD breakpoints WILL affect the channel time of Force Choke. 20% alacrity is, of course, in between 15.39% and 25%, so the global cooldown will still be 1.3 seconds normally (that is, not under Berserk), but the channel time on Force choke will be 1.25 seconds. That ought to be enough wiggle room that your channel of Force Choke should complete before the GCD finishes (without Berserk).

However, if you want a little extra wiggle room during the Berserk window (how much room depends on your reaction time and your connection's latency), you could try for a channel time of Force Choke under 1 second. To get it to 0.99 seconds (only under Berserk of course) you would need to run 21.59% alacrity percentage, or 18.59% alacrity percentage without the discipline passive 3%. You need 4279 alacrity rating to get a final alacrity percentage of 21.59% on your character sheet, which ought to round off to a 0.99 second channel time (under Berserk). 4279 alacrity rating is a lot of your stat budget, and I'm not sure you want to sacrifice that much of your other tertiary stats.

So, to summarize,
You need alacrity rating of 3728 to have 1 second global cooldown during Berserk
You need alacrity rating of 4279 to get a 0.99 second channel time for Force Choke during Berserk.

So, I would recommend that you try out alacrity ratings between 3728 and 4279 on the test dummy, to see if you can routinely complete the Force Choke channel by the time the GCD is finished. Depending on rounding differences between machines, your connection latency, and your reaction time, you may not need exactly 4279 to accomplish this, but I suspect you will need to be close. Once you've figured out the amount of alacrity rating you need to be comfortable, then perhaps you can decide if you can sacrifice enough accuracy and critical to make that alacrity rating happen.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Ikzdeh
04.17.2021 , 02:09 AM | #14
I already done some testing at 0,99 sec force choke channel. Its not worth, since you sacrifice too much crit and accuracy.
From 2350 to 4279 is about ~2k alcrity, 5x 400 stat items.

The gains are just to low for the investment - force choke cd goes down from 31sec to 29sec. 2 seconds for double alacrity? no thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
it can be useful to ensure that abilties with cast times or channel times occur over the same number of global cooldowns as they would without Berserk, so that the flow of your rotation isn't interrupted.
I think the bigger deal is the cooldown reduction. Not only on force choke, intim roar, even force charge or ravage.

But bringing force chocke down from 60 seconds, -15 with talent, -6 with alacrity gear and another -8 with berserc end at about 31sec cooldown - almost half of the original.
As far i know Carnage is the only specc with Berserc, therefore the only specc that can stun on that low cooldown. Having double as many stuns per minute, is pretty good in pvp. Can force their CC breaker and kill 30sec later.

With berserc i end at a 1,03 force choke channel, i guess i am at the 1,1gcd (cant parse test berserc 3min) - so i would get 2 globals (gore, vicious throw) during my stun and the third 0,23 seconds after where i would hit my ravage immobilze into Blast - bursting about a 100k dmg over 5-6seconds, maybe even more with the power relic ready.
Feels good in pvp, i can combo someone to pop their defensive, stealth and do it again after ~20/30 seconds where i kill pretty save.

Sidenote: Berserc is wierd. Its 6 stacks of 30% alacrity, that can snapshot abiltys on a lower cooldown.
There are abiltys as Furious Power or Ferocity that gain the lower cooldown from bersercs alacrity, without consuming a stack!
But there are also abiltys as Mad Dash, that doesnt gain anything from alacrity but consume a stack.
xD

alexroof
05.04.2021 , 05:20 AM | #15
I tried with something out recently about the alacrity on Combat Sent/Carnage Mara. Normally u aim for 713 points in alacrity but u actually need just 647 pts for that to reach the GCD u want to have. Maybe that helps a bit.

Cheers guys - Stay healthy

mike_carton
05.05.2021 , 09:16 PM | #16
This is what I know and use for alacrity:

Classes with 3% Alacrity buff (Gunnery/Arsenal/Combat/Carnage):
1.4s GCD: 663 Alacrity (7.15%)
1.3s GCD: 2,374 Alacrity (15.41%)

What is your target Alacrity percentage that you're achieving with 647?

647 with 3% static buff is giving me 7.05%, not the 7.15% required for 1.4s GCD.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

phalczen
05.06.2021 , 01:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Ikzdeh View Post
Sidenote: Berserc is wierd. Its 6 stacks of 30% alacrity, that can snapshot abiltys on a lower cooldown.
There are abiltys as Furious Power or Ferocity that gain the lower cooldown from bersercs alacrity, without consuming a stack!
But there are also abiltys as Mad Dash, that doesnt gain anything from alacrity but consume a stack.
Mad Dash is considered an escape/mobility tool as much as a defensive cooldown, so unfortunately Bioware decided most of those can't be improved with alacrity. I'm guessing that it consumes a stack because it does damage in addition to the other effects.

Furious Power and Ferocity are offensive cooldowns that don't do damage directly, so it makes sense that they would not consume a stack.

Quote: Originally Posted by mike_carton View Post
This is what I know and use for alacrity:

Classes with 3% Alacrity buff (Gunnery/Arsenal/Combat/Carnage):
1.4s GCD: 663 Alacrity (7.15%)
1.3s GCD: 2,374 Alacrity (15.41%)

What is your target Alacrity percentage that you're achieving with 647?

647 with 3% static buff is giving me 7.05%, not the 7.15% required for 1.4s GCD.
Even with a set that has a 2-piece 2% alacrity rating boost that still wouldn't be enough (need 650 or 651), so I too am confused about the recommendation to only use 647.