Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sheatty
11.05.2020 , 06:56 AM | #101
I have tried all the suggestions including the Bitraider suggestion. I have win 10 and this just started when swtor the patch was installed on Tuesday Nov 3. Even tried uninstalling and reinstall 4 times, 2 x each using swtor website and 2x using steam. The steam one worked for 1 log in and then once the game was closed, it went back to not launching.

TerryWHobson
11.05.2020 , 10:09 AM | #102
I have windows 7, I tried those left click properties, ticking those two things, clicking play the launcher just disappears and then nothing happens.

Trlance
11.05.2020 , 10:55 AM | #103
Still downloading. I wanna leave download for night. Third day without Swtor bcs of another pathetic patch. Thanks. Looks like this new event is done for me this year.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

MisaVa
11.05.2020 , 12:11 PM | #104
I'm already starting to get seriously frustrated. I just reinstalled the game as well as the graphics card upgrades. There are still no solutions. Does anyone have any solution to offer? As much as I love this game, I'm on the verge of deleting my account.

CommunityTeam
11.05.2020 , 12:23 PM | #105 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi folks,

Our team is still looking into this issue. I'll update you when I have more information.

For your information, some players on Windows 10 were able to fix the issue by updating their Windows to version 1909.
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

JehrrenRP
11.05.2020 , 12:38 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi folks,

Our team is still looking into this issue. I'll update you when I have more information.

For your information, some players on Windows 10 were able to fix the issue by updating their Windows to version 1909.
Thanks for the response, but didnt work in my case

DayoftheJackal
11.05.2020 , 12:43 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityTeam View Post
Hi folks,

Don't you mean downgrade to version 1909? Current is 20H2, then 2004, then 1909.

Day of the Jackal is Near......

Sleeperzz
11.05.2020 , 01:06 PM | #108
What Radeon setting are U using. Try Setting it to the bare mnimum Standard and in RADEON SW and in the SWTOR Preference check the graphics settting and SET that to LOW if still having problems.

I have a WIN 7 64 Bit PRO , Radeon R7 - 240 . I think the problems are with the Graphics Card settings. Since many have desktop decomposition disabled as helping. SWTOR is working for me now.

Found this

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Updated 20 hours ago
Why does my game crash, freeze, or display a blank screen?
Your computer's current graphics configuration may not be compatible with the game. Try downloading the latest video card driver for your system, installing some simple updates, or adjusting your graphics settings.

Follow the steps in this article if your game is:

Crashing
Freezing
Showing a blank screen
Failing to open
Suggested troubleshooting steps:
Click a step in the list below for directions:

Update your video card driver
Install software updates
Adjust graphics settings
Uninstall and reinstall the game

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/...r-Blank-Screen

Quote: Originally Posted by JehrrenRP View Post
AMD Radeon rx 5700 xt
Windows anti-virus
I dont have the bitraider folder so i assume the streaming one? I also tried the steam version since this issue started on tuesday. neither is working
64 bit

a couple of minutes ago i updated my windows to 2020H2 Build 19042. The issue is still the same. I click play -> launcher closes -> nothing happens

Trlance
11.05.2020 , 01:53 PM | #109
After two days of patching finally it jump from 60% to 100 and looks like everything working. I used this method from second post: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=985854 . I have windows 7 btw. Anyway too late to play Swtor today, 1 hour too late ..

Objective Meridian first starting landing cutscenes still not fixed on both fractions. Whole year TWO CUTSCENES IS MISSING FROM THE GAME.

Good day.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

HiveOracle
11.05.2020 , 03:41 PM | #110
Okay, I finally got it to work.
WHat i did was I went into the AMD controll software and forced it to overwrite the AA setting for the game with the simpelst option it had. The game took liek 2 mintues to laod up this time, but it works again.