Just realized something interesting about Jedi Under Siege

FlameYOL

, I figured it was just a random rant from someone clearly not right in the head but considering the latest information from Secrets of the Enclave (IE: that Malgus is responsible for taking a tome from the Jedi Library on Ossus for unknown purposes) I think its pretty likely this is what Malora is referring to. Its interesting to see there was a set-up for this all the way back in Jedi Under Siege, while I'm not a fan of resurrecting Malgus I can't deny the current storyline is interesting to me as they seem to be taking their time setting up plot points instead of just having Malgus randomly betray the Empire like the False Emperor storyline on Ilum. There was no set-up for that within the game (unless you had previously read the Deceived novel), I feel like it came out of nowhere. So its nice seeing Malgus have a properly developed arc, excited to see where we go next:D Edited by FlameYOL

, I figured it was just a random rant from someone clearly not right in the head but considering the latest information from Secrets of the Enclave (IE: that Malgus is responsible for taking a tome from the Jedi Library on Ossus for unknown purposes) I think its pretty likely this is what Malora is referring to. Its interesting to see there was a set-up for this all the way back in Jedi Under Siege, while I'm not a fan of resurrecting Malgus I can't deny the current storyline is interesting to me as they seem to be taking their time setting up plot points instead of just having Malgus randomly betray the Empire like the False Emperor storyline on Ilum. There was no set-up for that within the game (unless you had previously read the Deceived novel), I feel like it came out of nowhere. So its nice seeing Malgus have a properly developed arc, excited to see where we go next:D

I...suppose. If that's true, it's a bit irritating that there's no follow-up to taking Malora prisoner versus killing her. If there was actually a lead-in to this, it would make more sense for there to be a direct connection, Gnost-Dural saying "oh yeah Malora told us he took a tome." Versus killing her, and Gnost-Dural and the PC not finding out about that until one of the boss encounters in SotE, like Golah.

I...suppose. If that's true, it's a bit irritating that there's no follow-up to taking Malora prisoner versus killing her. If there was actually a lead-in to this, it would make more sense for there to be a direct connection, Gnost-Dural saying "oh yeah Malora told us he took a tome." Versus killing her, and Gnost-Dural and the PC not finding out about that until one of the boss encounters in SotE, like Golah.

According to dialogue from the new flashpoint Gnost-Dural saw Malgus taking the tome after he was left for dead, even before Malora showed up since by then Malgus was long gone. She seemed to be looking for it as well, and was clearly unhappy Malgus got the prize before her.

Edited by FlameYOL

According to dialogue from the new flashpoint Gnost-Dural saw Malgus taking the tome after he was left for dead, even before Malora showed up since by then Malgus was long gone. She seemed to be looking for it as well, and was clearly unhappy Malgus got the prize before her.

Right, I get what you're saying. It's just...as usual, there's no purpose to killing her/capturing her at the end. The version I described would make sense and make that choice mean something [albeit disadvantaging DSers as per tradition]. Instead Gnost-Dural "remembers" seeing Malgus take it but didn't tell them...even if your PC isn't a saboteur.

To me it feels more like a retcon is all.

Right, I get what you're saying. It's just...as usual, there's no purpose to killing her/capturing her at the end. The version I described would make sense and make that choice mean something [albeit disadvantaging DSers as per tradition]. Instead Gnost-Dural "remembers" seeing Malgus take it but didn't tell them...even if your PC isn't a saboteur.

To me it feels more like a retcon is all.

Fair enough.