Too Much XP even with White Acute Module

DRMM

I've been through all class stories multiple times. Now I like to level slowly through Heroics by collecting a full set of armor for each planet.

Today the leveling is going very quickly even with White Acute Module enabled. The main cause seems to be Conquest XP or something else that I'm mot seeing.

I don't think there is any advice anybody can provide, short of BioWare giving us another module that stops the XP gain altogether. There is a ton of XP boosts, why not the other way around for those who want it?

Edited by DRMM

I've been through all class stories multiple times. Now I like to level slowly through Heroics by collecting a full set of armor for each planet.

Today the leveling is going very quickly even with White Acute Module enabled. The main cause seems to be Conquest XP or something else that I'm mot seeing.

I don't think there is any advice anybody can provide, short of BioWare giving us another module that stops the XP gain altogether. There is a ton of XP boosts, why not the other way around for those who want it?

There is a double xp event on right now.

There is a droid on the fleet that can remove it for you.

What you ask is in fact already an option!

Edited by Suzsi

Did you read the part that I have White Acute Module up?

I fully aware of everything you stated.

My point was that XP was coming in much faster even with the module up than it was before double XP started. So it's not fully countering the effect of double XP event.

Edited by DRMM

My point was that XP was coming in much faster even with the module up than it was before double XP started. So it's not fully countering the effect of double XP event.

there's no way you can do planetary quests and class quests, even w/o any xp perks, w/o going above level for the original planetary designs. they significantly altered base xp systems quite a long time ago. as you stated, there's nothing to be done about this atm. it would require a new alteration to the xp system.

fwiw: I doubt they will change this. they'll prolly say "that's why we created level sync."

Edited by foxmob

I'm not sure if the WAM ignores rested xp, so that might be something to check.

Typically during 2xp I only play my max level characters, because 2x renown is actually useful. If I play a character i'm leveling, it screws up the process and they end up massively overleveled. For example, I had used the WAM off and on for a merc recently, so that she got to Hoth at level 37 doing all sidequests/planetary. i forgot 2xp was on and by the time i finished Hoth, she was level 45.

I will never understand why people give a damn about over-leveling a planet. Levels under 75 don't matter.

Just play the game and don't worry if you're level 2 or level 40 wherever you are.

I found the leveling experience more fun when you actually had to run the planetary and side quests to keep up with class story.

the only down side was that the game was in its early stages and you were conflicted cuz you also wanted to get to 50 asap and get to work on end game.

but now, its kinda the opposite. and the system now works to push you through faster. so I do get it. it's definitely ironic.

I will never understand why people give a damn about over-leveling a planet. Levels under 75 don't matter.

Just play the game and don't worry if you're level 2 or level 40 wherever you are.

Caveat: make sure your level is high enough. Don't be the guy who reaches Quesh at level 30 and cannot get on the shuttle because the medical dude won't hand over the antitoxin injection and the <Story Arc> mission.

(Er, yes, I helped someone diagnose why he couldn't get on the shuttle, and that was exactly why. His character was only level 30, and the NPC wouldn't talk to him.)

I found the leveling experience more fun when you actually had to run the planetary and side quests to keep up with class story.

the only down side was that the game was in its early stages and you were conflicted cuz you also wanted to get to 50 asap and get to work on end game.

but now, its kinda the opposite. and the system now works to push you through faster. so I do get it. it's definitely ironic.

It's funny because I was the oposite. I found running all the side missions totally killed the flow of the class story and that by the time I got there I'd forgotten where I was at and what the story was about.

Nothings stopping you running them all though. Just ignore your level and do it. Contents all easy mode either way, they took out the difficulty a long time ago.

Edited by Suzsi

nah man. the planetary stories were good. worth doing along with the class story. heroics were always dissociated though. and there were actual side quests I did on the way but they were disposable.

honestly, original class stories, planetary stories, and fp stories were where this game was at. I'd never done anything like it in an MMORPG before or since. everything that came after felt shoddy and far less involved. even the the eternal empire stuff, which had very high production values vis-a-vis other xpacks, really did nothing for me in terms of interacting with the narrative or choice about how to do things. iunno. to each his own.

It's funny because I was the oposite. I found running all the side missions totally killed the flow of the class story and that by the time I got there I'd forgotten where I was at and what the story was about.

My experience as well. It was annoying and made me feel old and forgetful. It is the reason - to this day - I don't readily recall many events and persons from class stories. Then somebody writes a post on the forum that makes me go "Oh, yeah. That one time, on Alderaan..." :-)

Edited by mike_carton

Because we want to play the content at the level it was designed for. And tbh I have trouble believing that you have never heard this before because it's not a secret. Perhaps what you meant to say is "All I care about is story so gameplay is irrelevant."

Nothings stopping you running them all though. Just ignore your level and do it. Contents all easy mode either way, they took out the difficulty a long time ago.

I'm the same way. I hated having to run every quest on the planet just to be a high enough level to survive the next planet. Now there are certain planet quest that I enjoyed, and I still run those. But I level almost exclusively by doing class stories.

OP it might be best for you to play some of your max lvl characters, because 2X renown is freaking awesome.

Since no one else mentioned it, the OP was specifically mentioning that they wanted the Heroic armor from each planet. This you cannot do if you overlevel.

Because we want to play the content at the level it was designed for. And tbh I have trouble believing that you have never heard this before because it's not a secret. Perhaps what you meant to say is "All I care about is story so gameplay is irrelevant."

I have 190 toons across 5 accounts, and I play them for different reasons, so you let me announce what I care about, thank you.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Because we want to play the content at the level it was designed for. And tbh I have trouble believing that you have never heard this before because it's not a secret.

It’s why they originally introduced the WAM because players have been saying exactly this for since early in the games life.

I find it amazing that Xo still doesn’t understand this.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

The XP from the missions and kills will be muted. The problem is conquest isnt and you still get double XP for it because the WAM was released before conquest and Bioware have never updated it to turn off conquest XP.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I have 190 toons across 5 accounts, and I play them for different reasons, so you let me announce what I care about, thank you.

Yes, I know, you've mentioned it like 50 times. You may not pay attention to what people are saying but I do.

You said you didn't understand why people are concerned about overleveling. Well, I have just explained it to you, so now you know for next time.

Edited by Ardrossan

Ditto, my current character is 68 and just started Tatooine (pub). Every thing is scaled so who cares? Do you wanna do the quests or not?