Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ScramblesTD

It's a rip off by their advertisting.

I wouldn't have pre ordered if I am only going to get one day early access... They know this and that's why they didnt make it public knowledge. So they can rip people off and get the world to preorder

Disgusting.

Completely disgusting , I am going to take this further I think.

lolol

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Attention people who claim the "early access is a perk, a gift, a benefit, that isn't required and was never promised!"

I know for a FACT that a lot of people pre-ordered for early access.

I know for a FACT that pre-orders are instrumental to the video game industry because it allows the developers to ascertain how many to make and how many to accommodate for.

And I know for a FACT that employees and automated systems can fail. I work for GameStop and the employee had to manually put in a sku code for a pre-order code to print. If you pre-ordered with some newbie employee then I guarantee you didn't get your code.

It's absolutely absurd to release an early access this way.

I'm not angry because I'm not playing. I'm angry because my friends and guild mates are and they're going to be in different zones then I when I start to play.

As far as I'm concerned, I PAID for my early access when I pre-ordered it.

Early access isn't a gift or something that wasn't promised--it's the opposite. Early Access was a marketing tool to promote sales. Early Access was an advertisement.

If they didn't release it this way you wouldn't be playing because the server would be down.

I'm pretty disgusted to be honest. I assumed by the wording on the website that if I pre-ordered I would be able to play UP TO 5 days earlier if I wanted too... where the heck is my invite???

Pre order is a pre order, i'm shocked the company is so mis-leading in their product.

If I don't get in the next day or so, i'm cancelling because if this is anything to go by the companies behaviour then I for sure will not be playing the game.

not sure if anyone picked this up but lol man you want 5 days early, fine Thursday is 5 days early so you can wait till then :p

QQ some more...

It's honestly a flawed system, because there are countless invites for people that aren't even able to log in...work etc. So, it isn't really allowing X amount of new clients on.

Maybe I am biased, because I haven't lagged out on a launch since UO. I pay pre-order strictly for early access, it is an expectation from previous games. Ah well, I have a midterm tomorrow, I can study I suppose :).

I love the statments of ...BW you have failed me and im cancelling...lol I see that we are dealing with the "EVERYBODY GETS A TROPHY" generation.

^ Possibly my favorite post I've ever seen on a gaming forum. I get so sick of my "Participation Trophy" peers. But we ain't all like that :D

I think a lot of people are forgetting that early access wasn't supposed to start until the 15th, and the fact that it is on the 13th means we should definitely expect some delays. Howver, another bluepost update about the waves would always be appreciated. (For example a bluepost for each wave... since there are people claiming to be on wave 3...) We're all impatient because we're excited about the game and its easy to get upset. This thread is the digital representation for that.

For all the people shrieking that they've pre-ordered and redemeed their code, but it says they havent please, for the love of god, venture through some of the older posts because this has been addressed several times. But in case you don't want to, if you go to My Account >> Preorder and your screen says:

"You redeemed your Pre-Order Code and now are registered for the following items:

Early Game Access

Color Stone (Virtual Item)

Download Game Client

You can now download the game client and patch the game. Watch for an email invitation from The Old Republic team to begin your Early Access."

Then you'll get early access. The other code you are seeing mentioned in the Redeem Code section, is in reference to the game confirmation code that will come on the Physical/Digital copy of your game on the 20th. You do not have to have (and in fact cannot have) a subscription set up until this point. This also has no bearing on your ability to play the early access.

Overall I'm checking back and forth between Facebook, guild page, and this forum to look for any new information. Though this thread is moving so fast that 5 new pages are added before I'm finished looking through 1. I have two guildies in on Iron Citadel at the moment, congrats to them, though I slightly hate 1 right now because he played for 20 minutes and went to work. Both of them pre-ordered the first day. I pre-ordered August 2, so we'll see how it goes. I am still disinclined to belive the people who claimed to have pre-ordered in the last month and are in the early access. I believe the word is Troll my dears.

So ... folks that ordered over 4 months ago are not included in the first two bands of early access invites with only 5 days of early access?

I kind of feel that I was misled ...

Exactly, peeps who redeemed on the 21st July aren't in yet and I redeemed on the 30th July, what hope have I got? And then you got this ******** about people redeeming in November and getting Access.

I didn't realize the early game access was staggered so much. If that image on 50-ish page is to be believed I'll be starting to play last, but I paid the same pre-order cost as the person who got in first. I should have waited to buy it later and saved $5. :/ I bought it a few days ago, y'know?

Sigh.

I had a friend do the same thing... I personally feel the CE's should have gotten in a few days ahead of the others. Isn't the highest CE ever worth that?

This is a QFT...I did this too. Pre-ordered on the 21st and didn't realize I needed to register the code until 8/25! DOH!

Attention people who claim the "early access is a perk, a gift, a benefit, that isn't required and was never promised!"

I know for a FACT that a lot of people pre-ordered for early access.

I know for a FACT that pre-orders are instrumental to the video game industry because it allows the developers to ascertain how many to make and how many to accommodate for.

And I know for a FACT that employees and automated systems can fail. I work for GameStop and the employee had to manually put in a sku code for a pre-order code to print. If you pre-ordered with some newbie employee then I guarantee you didn't get your code.

It's absolutely absurd to release an early access this way.

I'm not angry because I'm not playing. I'm angry because my friends and guild mates are and they're going to be in different zones then I when I start to play.

As far as I'm concerned, I PAID for my early access when I pre-ordered it.

Early access isn't a gift or something that wasn't promised--it's the opposite. Early Access was a marketing tool to promote sales. Early Access was an advertisement.

If you didn't get together on the pre-launch guild program, then that is your fault IMO. Bioware isn't beholden to everyone that is bellyaching about their early access. The launch date hasn't been hit and that's the only thing they should really be judged by.

This early access is just a show of appreciation by Bioware for the support of their fans, and Star Wars fans here.