Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2020 Greetings from Keith!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JattaGin
01.29.2020 , 01:09 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
Im still angry about Sgt Jaxo myself...
It is time for you to let her go.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I genuinely thought it would be impossible for Keith to be less useful to the community than the last Lead producer - but once again Bioware Austin prove there is no barrel they won't dig the bottom out of to sink to new lows.
I've written it before, pretty much since his day one, and I write it again:

Let me quote Sheldon Cooper for you: "Oh, I so informed you thusly!"

I never considered the predecessor as bad as his reputation was. Slowly, others realise this as well. I wished he would have gotten the chance to go through with his vision. At least for me, it would have been much better than the current state.

Quote: Originally Posted by AddyHus View Post
So when are we expecting game update 6.2 and how long will the story be in comparison to other stories?
Yes, please: WHEN? Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter 2020?

@CharlesBoyd: I generally like your writing style and your way of presenting things (e.g. here). It could be considered a positive example by everyone at BW.

BenKatarn
01.29.2020 , 01:09 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
*snip*
Nice to see some info.

I do have one little question though, nothing exactly big or world-changing, but something I felt you guys kind of forgot. You teased Commodore Pardax in Hearts and Minds, but she still hasn't replaced Admiral Aygo for Imperial players yet. Are we going to get a formal introduction to her soon, or does Aygo's retirement plan leave him with some months before contract termination?

Also, I do hope the check-in with Kira will mean more romance stuff.
- = = The Katarn Legacy = = -

Transcendent
01.29.2020 , 01:12 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
  • 2020 The team is working on a lot of exciting things for this year. We will really have a big focus on quality of life, updated stories, PvP improvements and much, much more.
Thanks for the update Keith, are the games numerous bugs (both old and new) going to be looked at over the course of this year as part of the quality of life focus? It would be a nice pace change purely to have most of these quashed if at all possible, to help improve the game for both old and new players alike.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

Estelindis
01.29.2020 , 01:15 PM | #94
  • A check-in with Kira and Scourge, setting up the story for Game Update 6.2
Will the Scourge romance bug be fixed by then? Actually, will it be fixed by 6.1 instead? That'd be good.

• Troopers will have a 1-on-1 with Elara Dorne
  • Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector
I am excited to see this! Class companion interactions have been neglected, so a move in this direction is very welcome. The last two classes I replayed were trooper and agent, coincidentally, so these are very on-point for me. Looking forward to these 1-on-1 scenes and hopeful for more in the future.

Felix Iresso next or soon, please. Would be good to see how his readjustment to "normal life" is going. Also, I know another trooper companion isn't likely immediately, but it'd be great to hear from Aric Jorgan before much longer too. On balance, though, I favour companions who got the brief two-or-three minutes non-chapter (and thus non-repeatable) returns getting a bit more focus. Jorgan doesn't fit into that category, but he's one of my favorite companions, so I can't help but advocate for him regardless. Also when choosing who to focus on next, I think companions with issues that maybe weren't fully explored in their short return scenes would be good. For instance, what happened with Risha during the timeskip was huge, but she barely discusses it in her return. Maybe she simply doesn't want to talk about it... but then one would wonder if the experience completely turned her off anything political, what direction she wants to move in now, etc.

If I find myself more often advocating for Republic companions, it's because they more often received the brief returns, and thus are more in need to content to rebalance the situation. But I expect you will probably want to do one Republic and one Imperial companion per iteration of this kind of content. That's not the end of the world. There are lots of great class companions on both sides.

Anyway, to sum up... as you can see from my wordy burbling... this is exactly the sort of content I want to see more. I'm delighted you're moving in this direction.
|| Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.

Jepac
01.29.2020 , 01:47 PM | #95
The update will also include a few other small scenes, including:
  • Agents will have a 1-on-1 with Vector
VECTOR! That alone is worth the years subscription

Nee-Elder
01.29.2020 , 01:55 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Thanks for the update Keith, are the games numerous bugs (both old and new) going to be looked at over the course of this year as part of the quality of life focus? It would be a nice pace change purely to have most of these quashed if at all possible, to help improve the game for both old and new players alike.
Agreed and you said it far more succinctly & diplomatically than me lol

----
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
... this is exactly the sort of content I want to see more. I'm delighted you're moving in this direction.
Trust me, so am i ... my other post was just me hating against the very notion of story spoilers (tag or not) being the only significant details we got. (so far)

Nuance can be tricky to deliver---and digest---nowadays.
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix SPACE! 4.0ur *Community*)

Void_Singer
01.29.2020 , 02:35 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by casirabit View Post
Better yet not a free stronghold decoration but a free Stronghold (and NO not Coruscant or DK)
yeah sure... Hoth cause it'll be a cold day....
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

casirabit
01.29.2020 , 02:37 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
It was a joke.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing.

Void_Singer
01.29.2020 , 02:41 PM | #99
It was a joke.
I know... mine was jjust extending it with some snark = )
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Nee-Elder
01.29.2020 , 02:52 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Void_Singer View Post
It was a joke.
umm HOTH = my favorite planet and i've been wanting a SH something there forever!

And yes i'm being serious....and yes that probably explains a lot about me, eh?

( *coughs* The Empire Strikes Back is still the best ever )
Never tell me the odds! - (Fix SPACE! 4.0ur *Community*)