Quesh storyline (and other planets) *No Spoilers Please*

karimthejedi

Hey guys,

When I did the quesh story on both factions, it’s obviously a conflicting narrative and doesn’t follow properly within the overall picture.

Now is that specific to quesh? I doubt it coz I’ve noticed conflicting story arcs planet-wise several times when switching factions.

As a fan of lore and while I finish class stories (please don’t share spoilers) I’d like to know if anyone has figured out which faction per planet is the optimal one to choose in terms of story and how it fits into the overall picture.

I mean, if you know, would be great if you can share.

For example I’m on Hoth now, and wondering should I do the republic or imperial planetary arc?

Cheers,

Karim

Hey guys,

When I did the quesh story on both factions, it’s obviously a conflicting narrative and doesn’t follow properly within the overall picture.

There isn't a single overall picture for it to fit into. More specifically, there's a broad-strokes common picture, but as soon as you get into details, it becomes very much not a single picture.

Now is that specific to quesh? I doubt it coz I’ve noticed conflicting story arcs planet-wise several times when switching factions.

Seems like you answered your own question, but I'd say that it comes back to that lack of a single overall picture.

As a fan of lore and while I finish class stories (please don’t share spoilers) I’d like to know if anyone has figured out which faction per planet is the optimal one to choose in terms of story and how it fits into the overall picture.

That's easy. The one that fits best for you. I can't answer the question any better than that. Some of the stories are better on one side than the other, but if you ask four players what they think, you'll get seven different answers.

I mean, if you know, would be great if you can share.

For example I’m on Hoth now, and wondering should I do the republic or imperial planetary arc?

You should do both so you can compare them.

As you have noticed, there's a certain disconnect between the overall picture and the perspective of each planetary questline. In general, if you play as a Republic class, each planet is threatened by the Empire and/or its allies, the Republic is mostly useless at stopping them, and everyone depends on you to solve every problem. If you're an Empire class it's the exact opposite, and then you go through the planets sorting everything out. This can often be seen/felt when you explore planets, e.g. Alderaan having two separate Organa castles: one full of guard mobs to serve as a base for Republic players, and one full of regular mobs that Empire players can invade.

Three planets stand out a bit from this:

- Taris, where the Republic arrives first and tries to save it, and the Empire arrives later in act 2 and wrecks it.

- Balmorra, where it's the opposite. Empire arrives and takes over, Republic arrives later in act 2 and liberates.

- Corellia, where the outcome is established canon.

For all the other planets, the outcome is more unclear, with each player getting to feel they won the day for their faction, if that's what they wanted to do. Trying to unify two such perspectives isn't really practical.

In a lot of cases, it can be considered 'Fog of War'; the planetary storylines can exist simultaneously up until the last mission or so, then when whatever is affecting the planet is resolved, both sides claim they're the ones who did it.* Quesh is one of the few where the entire storyline ends up mutually exclusive.

On Tatooine, for example, the Empire is chasing Darth Silthar's visions while the Republic is racing Czerka, that's happening at the same time. Both sides would then claim that they were the ones to find the Czerka base... which, possibly, isn't entirely untrue.**

It's possible that the Empire got there first, took the White Box for themselves, then the Republci and Czerka got there, fought, and the Republic assumed that the White Box was destroyed in the fighting...

On another note, it's easily assumed that the Republic/Organas defeated the Ulgos on Alderaan and not the Empire/Thuls since canon shows that four thousand years later the Organas are the ruling family when the planet is destroyed...

Actually, Republic and Imperial planetary storylines can co-exist -

Republic and Imperial characters join against ancient rakata (just for this moment) because Republic recognizes what danger it poses and Empire don't want to fight another empire trying to conquer galaxy. One of Imperial quest givers say this on Belsavis as reason for killing Esh-Kha and Rakata.

Edited by Malignus
Spoiler