No Interfactional Emails

Geeluc

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain why not?

I'm assuming it's so you can't sell things on the opposing GTN, but why can't I even send an email to one of my toons from Rebl to Emp?

Because the penalty for traitors is execution.

Seriously though, why would you like to openly conspire with the enemy?

It's not like in the SW universe you never had messages from one side transmitted to the other. I wouldn't mind being able to send/recieve mails tbh. Congratulate others on killing me etc.

BUT i think it would be very open to abusive behaviour.

you can always put somthing worth jack **** on the nuetral AH for a **** ton, and buy it with your rich toon. The AH wil take some of the cut if my understandings are correct but they dont seem too bad in this game.

( i question this because when u fail an auction you get re-embursed and im pretty sure i have sold an aitem for 150000 money and got 165000 money for the sale so that must have been either the whole or part of the cut that the AH would get)

Edited by Cubertt

Because the penalty for traitors is execution.

Seriously though, why would you like to openly conspire with the enemy?

How would it be conspiring with a enemy?

Last i checked i dont hate myself. I have alts on the same server on both factions.

I think your taking the game far to seriously! The other faction is not your enemy they are players just like you and me. Matter of fact i have not fought one single other faction player in this game. I kill tons of empire NPC's but refuse to fight real people.

Last i checked i dont hate myself. I have alts on the same server on both factions.

I think your taking the game far to seriously! The other faction is not your enemy they are players just like you and me. Matter of fact i have not fought one single other faction player in this game. I kill tons of empire NPC's but refuse to fight real people.

It's not a matter of taking the game too seriously, rather actually playing the game.

The game says both sides are enemies, thus you can't communicate with the enemy.

I heard Reps tend to shoot down Imperial mail ships before they can reach spaceport. And vice versa. Hutts CBA to start their own mail service due strict custom regulations.

Though, I suspect that you will be able to ask your relatives to deliver mail in future to the opposite faction (via Legacy system).

Good answers.

Yes, I was only trying to mail a 'family member' some money, since he was new. I'm sure some people might see this as exploiting or what not, but I don't see the big deal. It was only a couple of k.

And yes, I did want to sell some stuff on the opposing GTN, which I do at the moment anyways, since I can access one on Nar Shadaa. I thought I would make an Emp player, to make it a bit easier on myself. Again, I'm sure some of you have a problem with this, but I'm 'running a business' here, it's about supply and demand...my game at the moment is about making money, which I'm doing in bucket loads.

I can also see how it would be open to abuse! Why can't we all just get along??? :D

I'm more convinced every day that people take **** way too seriously, and think every quality of life change will ruin the game completely and make it unplayable for them.

Also, I fairly sure I got mail from republic NPCs in response to certain quests I did.

Edited by Grotpar

It is my understanding that in Beta, they tested out open communication between factions. Chat channels, mail, etc. Unfortunately this exercise gave them ample evidence to reconsider the application of allowing this in the live game.

If you want to blame anyone, blame people for being people.

That said, I would not personally be opposed to a Legacy option to allow you to ship things between cross-faction alternate characters. Even if they are enemies, family ties can cross those boundaries from time to time. I also have it on good authority that there are smugglers roaming the galaxy, isn't that what they're supposedly good for? ;)

Legacy says lol@you.

Does it really?

Have you seen any patch notes that I haven't. No where I have seen says that legacy allows you to send mails cross faction.

As for being 'related' to someone in the other faction, well the starwars eu is full of examples of people having relatives on the other side, and they didn't go around leaving food parcels for each other!

I can just imagine Luke sending his 'daddy' a fathers day card with a present in it...

I'm more convinced every day that people take **** way too seriously, and think every quality of life change will ruin the game completely and make it unplayable for them.

Also, I fairly sure I got mail from republic NPCs in response to certain quests I did.

Hell, the Empire regularly holocalls Republic space, just to brag, or control its hidden agents...

Legacy mail may well happen, but Ifni forfend that any old Impie can be hassled by the Republic he just spent a WZ murdicating.

you do realize this is a game about war right? the republic are at war with the imperials...and when you are playing one side you are assuming a role of a republic or an imperial character who is currently at war with the enemy...you not accepting that means you really have no clue about the star wars game or universe..

cross faction chatting or mailing would be handy but it would also break immersion in the game. though admittedly with a legacy system it would be handy to mail your other toons stuff.. that in my opinion would be completely ooc and not affect the rp aspect of the game at all.

you do realize this is a game about war right? the republic are at war with the imperials...and when you are playing one side you are assuming a role of a republic or an imperial character who is currently at war with the enemy...you not accepting that means you really have no clue about the star wars game or universe..

cross faction chatting or mailing would be handy but it would also break immersion in the game. though admittedly with a legacy system it would be handy to mail your other toons stuff.. that in my opinion would be completely ooc and not affect the rp aspect of the game at all.

break immersion? to mail things to myself? It breaks immersion for me to have dissassociative identity disorder (alts) already since I've never had that disorder. Mailing stuff to my other personalities would too I guess. it would make more sense to have a shared account bank vault for my other personalities.

Edited by CFourPO

break immersion? to mail things to myself? It breaks immersion for me to have dissassociative identity disorder (alts) already since I've never had that disorder. Mailing stuff to my other personalities would too I guess. it would make more sense to have a shared account bank vault for my other personalities.

When did WoW start allowing mail between factions?