About that Darth Nul citadel....

TL_Roff

so.. right a sun being eclipsed and the trailer for the next EA Star Wars title called Eclipse and showing an image of an eclipsed sun... is there a connection? Go ahead. Tell me there isn't.. *grin*

We're not done with Darth Malak yet are we?

Thoughts?

So...

Having now "finished" the "Legacy of the Sith" story content I have reached a few conclusions...

1. On the final world we see a sun in a constant state of eclipse. Sorry mad lads there is just no way any fevered lore master imagination this is a mere coincidence we're talking Star Wars gaming here. Yes of course there is a plan in place! so in conclusion..

1. it's a set up for EA's "Eclipse"

questions:

Is "eclipse" the next Star Wars MMO?... Maybe? It certainly is time for a new MMO with updated graphics and then some. The "hero" engine has gone as far as it realistically can go. That is not to say there can't be more SWTOR content on the horizon but quite possible the studio has finally decided there is a point of diminishing returns and it HAS been reached, so any new content will lead into the next game. Will SWTOR continue in a "maintainence mode" ? I see no reason for it not to. but it will firmly move into "legacy" content. Maintained but not expanded on, Which considering game interface chnges makes a great deal of sense all of a sudden.

2. How does the young jedi from the trailer figure into it all? Your guess is as good as any I might come up with!

But I suspect we will see more of her especially now that ILM is the folk doing game cut scenes. There is a story there to be told. Will it tie into the original star wars movies? DUH! of course it will... eventually! *grin* Enjoy the journey folks there will be much to cover leading into the high republic era and the end of the Sith Empire.

3. Am I some sort of Star Wars archeologist? Like you have to even ask? Of course I am you silly's! I've followed Star Wars from the original first movie (of which my memories are slightly different from the main stream crowd because i saw a sneak preview in a theater in downtown Eugene Oregon that predated the official theatrical release by a few weeks.) to the present and I have always considered the Star Wars computer games part of the lore. It's always better to ignore the suits and ties crowd.. they don't get it and they never have and never will. to them its just a money making IP. The "Hero's Journey" has always been beyond their narrow view and always will be. They don't understand dreams. A bunch of uncultured barbarians at the gates i tell ya! Prove me wrong! *grin*

4. so Lastly.. the ride isn't even over we have 30 centuries of lore to play with between now and a new hope so be of good cheer. the ride isn't ending any time soon though the format is of course always subject to change. Enjoy the journey folks.. see you about the verse!