Accidental DS Choice

ChickenPho

Was going for LS options on my Sniper but I accidentally choose DS on a side quest (was playing on my DS assassin so I was just going through and it was too late to hit esc...) and was wondering will they have any affect in the long run? My main story or anything? Edited by ChickenPho

A handful of points on the other side wont hurt in the long run.

Well ... even if its 1 point DS you will NEVER get Light V (10k) now. Since max in light is 10k - 1 = 9.999 .. you got this 1DS point which you cant remove.

Well ... even if its 1 point DS you will NEVER get Light V (10k) now. Since max in light is 10k - 1 = 9.999 .. you got this 1DS point which you cant remove.

Ehhhh?

When you hit max either side, the points on the opposing faction are completely removed.

For example, I had 150 light points...Hit 10k Dark earlier today and now, they're gone.

Good for you, darksiders :

http://i43.tinypic.com/9kx99t.jpg

Means you need 10300 LS points to reach tier V, since those DS points pull you to the other direction you've only advanced by 9700 LS points even though you've accumulated 10000 LS points. I don't know if I'm making myself clear, but you can always reach Dark/Light V no matter how many points you have on the opposite side.

Actually you are both right.

There's a bug with alignment that some people get that prevents them from progressing past 10k DS or LS points. This has already been discussed to death and back in another thread.

The way alignment is supposed to work is when you reach 10k points in Light or Dark, all of the points in the opposite alignment go to 0 so that nothing is stopping you from hitting tier V. However this does not happen for everyone, and even running reg/HM flashpoints, Diplomacy, random low level quests you may have missed, etc. will not bump you up to tier V.

Edited by sollinton

Not true.

While there is a 10k cap. Once you hit the cap it starts to remove LS/DS points rather than subtracting the difference.

For example: The cap is 10000. You have 9901 DS points and 99 LS points. Before the cap you would be at 9802 DS . After the cap, if you farm a 100 DS points somewhere, it removes the 99 LS points you have and adds it to the DS points, you now have 10000 DS points. Anything over the cap is lost.

It is indeed possible to get LS/DS V while making some opposite choices.

If you are REALLY bored. it possible to farm enough LS/DS points to switch from LS/DS V to the opposite level V.

Good luck with that.