Pommel Strike & Opportune Strike

timjackson

These skills should be combined (yes thank you for two redundant pve only skills that bloat up my already full quickbars) and I see no reason why Guardians/Juggs shouldn't be able to use this ability against players. It's not like powetechs/vanguards are doing 300k-400k dmg in warzones on the regular or anything. Edited by TheLakers

I love these abilities so much. They help speed up PvE solo'ing so much and definitely have some significant uses, albeit situational, in Flashpoints. I don't think these should ever be changed, our rotations for bosses and PvP are already complex enough to require adding these in.

Force Leap in, Opportune Strike, Force Sweep, tab target, Pommel Strike and finish with a Cyclone Slash if the normal mob isn't dead. I absolutely love this combo, it absolutely shreds through mobs with next to no focus cost. As watchman spec, the two focus dumps cost 1 a piece, so I'm still left win 1 (2 if specced into the combat talent) focus from force leap allowing me to zealous strike and do a merciless slash and a cauterize/overload saber. A strong mob and a normal mob absolutely demolished in such a short amount of time that it's not even funny.

P.S. Sentinels are not the only class with these "PvE only" abilities, my imperial agent has them too and I love that Bioware implemented them. Very powerful PvE abilities that make soloing a breeze but don't interfere with PvP balance is utterly brilliant. I hope we see this ideology fleshed out more in future patches