Healers in PVP WZ's need to be nerffed

johnharris

Hi

I am average player do about 350k in wzones sometimes as much as 600k, recently I have been in many WZ's were only 2 or 3 people have been killed in entire WZ and many times 3 healers doing over 1.5 mill heals one over 2mill.

in same WZ. I think in PVE heals great but in PVP it is just boring hitting or shooting at some one for 24 mins and not getting kills.

what does everyone else think. I would be happy to die more often if it was the same for everyone

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I am average player do about 350k in wzones sometimes as much as 600k, recently I have been in many WZ's were only 2 or 3 people have been killed in entire WZ and many times 3 healers doing over 1.5 mill heals one over 2mill.

in same WZ. I think in PVE heals great but in PVP it is just boring hitting or shooting at some one for 24 mins and not getting kills.

what does everyone else think. I would be happy to die more often if it was the same for everyone

Look at rated games, are healers balanced there? If so that is all that matters you cant balance heals for PuGs. There are always going to be PuG games that end up with 3 or 4 healers on a team making it almost impossible for people to die just gotta roll with it.

could always remove the healing boost from expertise from normal warzones for healers, and just apply it to rated, if rated is the defacto first-class citizens of the swtor pvp world.

Then again, it seems normal wzs pop alot more than rated, so maybe they should balance it the other way around first..

Look at rated games, are healers balanced there? If so that is all that matters you cant balance heals for PuGs. There are always going to be PuG games that end up with 3 or 4 healers on a team making it almost impossible for people to die just gotta roll with it.

Rated should not be the way to judge something.

As for the healing issues, I agree to a point. I feel the nerf should apply to the Smuggler/ Agent heals as they are way OP. I should know since I have a one.

Not sure how to properly nerf them. Maybe more of a resource cost or tone down the HOTS

I love how everyone needs to open a new thread about every issue :rolleyes:

here is anopther thread about the same: Fix Healing in PVP

Alright guys this is a very special occasion here for us on the PvP forums.

ITS THE 10,100th THREAD STARTED ON THIS TOPIC

Only 10k that's not enough we need to open more. :D

Edited by Never_Hesitate

It's heal + guard in combination that needs to be looked at, not only heal.

I'm fairly certain the OP is talking about regs and do you know how hard it is to find a tank in regs that knows how to guard someone? Insanely hard you'll only get a competent tank in like one out of twenty warzones. How often do you get three-four operative cross-healing each other in regs? like every third warzone.

L2P

Learn teamwork to focus healers.

Its not possible to focus three healers and two will always heal one and rotate and I have never played a rated WZ but I have done hundreds in WOW and you get to pick your team and so its weighted to the teams strengths.

Anyone going in to normal WZ's knows exactly what I mean, the team that heals the best usually comes out the best. Thats the tactic to stay in range and you will never die

I play an operative healer myself and I tell you: Learn to focus. Use your interrupts. Learn to understand how a healer works. There is absolutely no healer problem. It's the non-healers who are allo bads, while the healers are all EXTREMELY skilled players. You can't nerf a complete group of speccs only because it's played by the most skilled players in the game. Edited by Cretinus

Just a thought. I don't know if this has been suggested in one of those other ten k threads but what if they took away field respec and made the que more like the group finder too where you que in a role and can't change that role. It would make it so it was only possible to have two heals in a wz. That way you couldn't que as dps and respec to heals.

Just a thought. I don't know if this has been suggested in one of those other ten k threads but what if they took away field respec and made the que more like the group finder too where you que in a role and can't change that role. It would make it so it was only possible to have two heals in a wz. That way you couldn't que as dps and respec to heals.

for reg only not ranked sorry forgot to say that. Your team should be able to use whatever yiu want in your matches.

That would be awful. I often play my sorc and queue with a mercenary healer. If WZ queues worked like groupfinder, the wait time for my team possibly would take so much time.

Whats needed is a limit of how much kolto a player can recive in the same fight. The kolto limit is reset after the fight is broken.

That would make fights more intresting and tactical. But it would require too much intellect from the premades so they wouldnt bear it i guess.

focus the healer...good thought in theory, but lately there are 3+ healers on each team, all of whom are marked. Without being in a premade and being in vent, how can you focus on the right one in real time? Which marked healer takes priority? Thats the advantage of being in a premade over a pug...

1. Only 1.7 % of all games are rated games (and I'm considering the possibility that they added 0,5 % to the real number there). Realize that the rated players are in minority and the game would be better if rateds didnt exist as an argument to not change things that are flat out broken in normals.

2. Rated healers are IMO also OP. Well unless of course people think it was intended and fun to play 20 minute stalemates infront of one objective in every game or making the ball spawn the most important part of Huttball, seeing how you have a 99,99 % chance to score if you get the ball. It's a horribly boring expereince.

Edited by MidichIorian

Would it not be faster bc you already have that part of the team set. I am probably wrong bc I usually am.

There are so many medics, that the queue times would take a very long time, similar to DPS queue times for PVE groupfinder. For PVE, there aren't a lot of tanks and medics that queue. For PVP, there are a ton of medics and tanks that queue (at least on Pot5). I often see 2-4 medics and 1-2 tanks on republic teams.

Whats needed is a limit of how much kolto a player can recive in the same fight. The kolto limit is reset after the fight is broken.

That would make fights more intresting and tactical. But it would require too much intellect from the premades so they wouldnt bear it i guess.

That would be awful. Ranked WZs rely on target switching, and if kolto limits existed, then people would die super fast.

TBH, if slow release medpac's energy cost was increased to 12 energy per use, a lot of FotM scoundrels would quit playing their scoundrels, which would cause WZs to have less medics.

Hi

You could always try actually getting the 360k damage medal. Maybe take advantage of the fact that both damage and healing were increased in 2.0 and actually start to tickle the healers your hitting.

L2P

Learn teamwork to focus healers.

Considering that about 98% of PUGS can't focus fire, I believe that isn't the right thing to add to the discussion. A lot of people, including myself, mainly solo queue because we don't have a guild or whatever. I do tire of healers but I have killed and annoyed my fair share of healers to know how to get them on the defensive and to stop healing their tank butt buddies. However, not everyone is smart and/or uses common sense to focus healers, or even mark them for that matter.

Look, I know that this a PvP thread, but if Bioware was to do anything drastic to Scoundrel/Operative healing, it would have a pretty big effect on PvE healing. I don't think they are going to change anything for that reason, but you all can keep making these threads and get that counter up to 20k!